Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Imperial Desert Corps Questline Brainstorm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fort Sphinxmoth is outside Dune
After the legions being recalled to their provinces, the legion of Elsweyr has long done nothing, else that siting in Rimmen... they only have some few forts garrisoned who is not in need of more men. Lately most scouts sent by the legion return dead, the Krin have gotten more aggressive.. Even if the legion is on it's tail.. The legion, has off course tried to beat back as good as they can, and so they have.. As resent as it has yet to even be rumored the legion eradicated several of the Krins people in a storm assault on one of their camps..

What you think?

You can mostly call them chapters or questline parts.. (this is pre first) :
1. Removing the remains of the Krins blockade of Rimmen..
2. A break from the Krin.. I only care for the Krin Tongue figgure a story..
3. Making the Krin almost nothing.. also helping garrisons..
Epilogue: Many people don't like that you cant do something as leader of factions.. if having time or taking time a 2-3 quest for highest rank is something they'll love.. (me included Big Grin )

I'd add scout as rank 2 or 3.. having Agent(if being with) over it.. and Legionnaire after.. something like

Recruit
Scout
Agent (or drop..)
Footman (possible to X this one and just go for Legionnaire or take that as trooper..)
Legionnaire
Lieutenant
Captain
Knight or Champion.. your choice.. acutally all is Big Grin

for latest its either Legion Commander or General.. (set Elsweyr before Legion Commander..)
Crazy idea:
For a top-level quest, maybe it can be sort of a squad-based RTS from first person prespective? You can tell soldiers what to do through dialogue, choose whther you want to try an sneak in under the cover of night, or running in attacking in daylight, etc etc?
But back to the main questline.

I agree with you Krisi-_, the Legion should be trying to stop the Krin at all costs. I like the way the chapters are set too. The first Krin encounters should be kind of minor, and just be referred to "usual assaults". However, the further you go into the questline, the more you realize the Krin are a big threat.

How about there's a false Legionaire, an agent of the Krin? You have to find out
who it is using dialogue, persuasion, and common sense. There can probably be some physical clues too.

For the break between the Krin, maybe it could be gaining more respect and a better foothold in Elsweyr? Anything from doing favours to rich fat cats (pardon the pun), to setting the foundation for new forts.

As for ranks, I like your list. I'd say stick with Knight as opposed to Champion. For leader rank, I'd say Desert Corps Commander would be best.
to say it from Lieutenant and up you mostly should have a small group of men.. and I forgot Lancers...
Combat AI is impossible to define.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Combat AI is impossible to define.

so? (and that was a short reply..)
DA: looking back I get it Big Grin

Quote:I agree with you Krisi-_, the Legion should be trying to stop the Krin at all costs. I like the way the chapters are set too. The first Krin encounters should be kind of minor, and just be referred to "usual assaults". However, the further you go into the questline, the more you realize the Krin are a big threat.

It's not really what I figured.. the Legion has not cared for the Krin on a while.. making them less 'trying to stop the Krin at all costs.'.. I more find chapter one as a wakening(jupp I just changed opinion).. and response ofc.. setting the Krin back and then a 'false safety'(from Krin) in chap 2, and then 'final showdown' in chap 3 as well as a small Epilogue(to take a rest from the fast ends..)..

the blockade can really be any city but I thought Rimmen would be best.. (or where there HQ is..) also the blockade isn't really a blockade it's just attacks who make it hard for the HQ to send troops in or out..

as for ranks I don't really like Agent as it say a bit to much stealth.. and Army's don't require their people(who mainly is warriors) to know stealth to.. (to advance in rank..) (nothing of this means Scout should be droped..)

Quote:How about there's a false Legionaire, an agent of the Krin? You have to find out
I who had that as a idea for Krin Confusedhrug:
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
DA: looking back I get it Big Grin

Quote:I agree with you Krisi-_, the Legion should be trying to stop the Krin at all costs. I like the way the chapters are set too. The first Krin encounters should be kind of minor, and just be referred to "usual assaults". However, the further you go into the questline, the more you realize the Krin are a big threat.

It's not really what I figured.. the Legion has not cared for the Krin on a while.. making them less 'trying to stop the Krin at all costs.'.. I more find chapter one as a wakening(jupp I just changed opinion).. and response ofc.. setting the Krin back and then a 'false safety'(from Krin) in chap 2, and then 'final showdown' in chap 3 as well as a small Epilogue(to take a rest from the fast ends..)..
I meant at chap. 3 they'd be trying to really stop the Krin...

Quote:the blockade can really be any city but I thought Rimmen would be best.. (or where there HQ is..) also the blockade isn't really a blockade it's just attacks who make it hard for the HQ to send troops in or out..
I'd say a blockade of Leyawiin, but from Elsweyr to minimize problems between dual-province-quests.

Quote:as for ranks I don't really like Agent as it say a bit to much stealth.. and Army's don't require their people(who mainly is warriors) to know stealth to.. (to advance in rank..) (nothing of this means Scout should be droped..)

Quote:How about there's a false Legionaire, an agent of the Krin? You have to find out
I who had that as a idea for Krin Confusedhrug:
I remembered that someone mentioned that, I was just agreeing with it. Wink
Quote:I'd say a blockade of Leyawiin, but from Elsweyr to minimize problems between dual-province-quests.
I don't 100% get what you mean here.. this blockade is simply meant as a strategy to make the legion easier to deal with for the Krin.. also any offical blockade by Elsweyr is out of question.. The Mane made the deal..

DA: would you mind telling about the location of the Desert Corps and Legion? (more in detail..)

also not to boss.. but is it desided where they are going to be located more than 'Desert corps it seems are going to mostly be loacted south of orcrest'?

and where will player get recruited? and by whom? (I assume its someone who is Desert Corps..)

I'd almost say some sort of Desert Corps represant in the Legion base in Rimmen... (this is to get early recruited and to fit with blockade of Rimmen..)

If Rimmen last quest in 1 chap whould be somewhat getting help from the Desert Corps.. and crushing the Krin there..
Quote:Recruit
Scout
Agent (or drop..)
Footman (possible to X this one and just go for Legionnaire or take that as trooper..)
Legionnaire
Lieutenant
Captain
Knight or Champion.. your choice.. acutally all is

The above was posted earlier, and I decided to try a rethink while keeping some of the flavour, organisation and names hinted at earlier:

Let's try and look at this from the point of view of who needs to give the orders, and function within the unit?

As DAs stated he wants there to be units of 3 spearmen working with swordsmen in defensive formations, so the spearmen might seem to be basic rankers - so lets keep the organisation in patterns of three:

Each Decad has 3 swordsmen, 3 spearmen, and 3 hunters, plus a magic user

Three specialities at basic ranker level are swords spears and provisions. As you increase rank you add the next speciality in your tree by function:
recruit - (cracker - handy with a pic)
spearman
lancer (mounted)

recruit - (aka digger - handy with a shovel)
swordsman
dervish (mounted)

recruit - (aka porter - loves wheelbarrows)
hunter (bowman?) (provisioning - essential in the desert)
scout (mounted)

each team of 3 rankers in their speciality to have a Caporal (= the lowest rank of NCO in the Foreign Legion) within its number - high level within speciality to decide who that is

magic user = the tenth member of the Decad

And 3 from each these specialities (of sword, spear and hunter) to be included as the basis of a unit of ten led by a Decurion - also to be a Decurion you must train in all the specialities...

Then Provisioning Agent = more than a scout, is in charge of provisioning several units, deals with local sources of supply, translator, etc Wink officially - unofficially may be a bit more? May be absent on these duties often.

Chevalier next, why? We need an intermediary rank here to directly co-ordinate several units - maybe 3 units. Let us forget Lieutenant as a bit too modern when paired with captain... and also a lieutenant is a direct command rank = stays with the units - but we need someone who will pass from one unit to the next, and for bravado presented as one better than the locals - the meaning of Khajiit is something like Desert Walkers? So for our officer we want something like Rider = Chevalier

Next level: there might be an intermediary (lesser) Captain rank here, also Quartermaster (and secretly spymaster)

Captain of the Corps - Captain is a powerful title in feudal times for instance a Duke if the leader of an entire army might be described as a Great Captain Captian, defined as a leader of men.

----------------------

The List

rankers:
cracker / digger / porter
spearman / swordsman / hunter
mounted lancer / dervish / scout
the highest qualified of these in a team to be Caporal

magic user

Officers:
Decurion

Provisioning Agent

Chevalier

Cohort Captain

Quartermaster (spymaster)

Captain of the Corps

A highly ideosyncratic structure for a unique unit

Hope this makes sense of your earlier comments. But it bloody well better as it took ages...

Not sure that it is standard Imperial - natch the decurion tries to be - more that this was intended to be someting very different from the standard Legion - and has a foreign Legion flavour.

Anyhows discuss if you are interested, there may be a way to improve further, but the desert sand has dried my throat, and I need to find somewhere cool to slake my thirst!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10