Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Mane Quests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
That would certainly be possible, but not what I intend to try to implement.

The khajiit are already settled in elsweyr, and the mane needs the political control. maybe for teh desert nomads.
I'm a big fan of those type of quests. Helping villages to gorw into cities, camps into villages etc. An East Empire Trading company questline perhaps? But thats off topic here.
Hows about considering that as Deities actually exist in Nirn, moral 'Absolutism' might have potent force, and be unavoidable in following certain of them

eg:
= Sheogorath's followers go mad, but that gives them power. A weak analogy, but... can you give a stronger line here? hmm, there are storys of Daedra attempting to 'turn' their followers to their specific path = the book about a follower of Azura who tried out her fellows first... [edit: snip...]

There is one aspect of 'morality' that we know but tend to overlook, in that it is held to be that a society's morality is a concatenation of the beliefs generally held by people in that society - democratic morality???? :O

hmmmm .... please relate this to Core Cult discussion?
X( Ncromany.

X( Two topics.

X(Bleh!
not sure I understand your post DAs?

Thinking if we understand how the Mane and other factions relate religiously then we have more definition to pin their path Confusedhrug:
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
Notice: Temple of Two Moons Dance is in Ne Quin-al (aka Anequina, North)

I'm not really sure where I got this from and must inform you that the Temple is in Torval... (How did I mess up this bad? Ah, the beauty of conflicting sources)

And I still mean that you should meet the Mane somewhere out of his palace the first times... And the Manes Do-Guard(just what I call them) is likely to have agents several places in Elsweyr, even if they are not the goverment... As for raggidmans latest comment it atleast made some sense Big Grin The Manes Do-Guard and the temple is both likely to follow the way of Riddle'Thar(who we know little about.. other that it was intruduced by the Mane and is a set of guidelines to live after..)

As for the Manes reason to act we might trow in a prophecy(Player wont learn this early, + judging from whats know of Manes(/ The Mane) this will make him sertain he must act.).. that Elsweyr would have to be together after the fall of Dagon(or something like that)

P.S. I Don't care if I rise a dead tread...
well maybe you could throw in on the last quest something like, the mane is dying and needs to be reborn soon. (tamriel changing eras does tend to shake things up) eliminate a big enemy threatening the status quo. Then the mane reveals that this was not to renew faith in elsweyr but to stop him killing the potential parents of the next vessel for the mane. and says that the only way to get people to believe in the old ways and unify them is to kill him. so the next one is reborn. You kill him (if any guards see this they wont care what he said they will still try and kill you) and then you read some of his writings about the next mane and you go to the house only to find the parents dead. slaughtered by bandits, the child however is unharmed. so you take the child back to the temple and the preists take the child in. naming you regent of the temple till he grows of age (further reading in the archives shows that many potential manes are born on that night, but only the one whos parents die soon after is the true mane

Quote:they believe that there is only one Mane, who is simply reborn in different bodies. Be that as it may, there has been no recorded instance of multiple Manes contending for power; whether this is due to the truth of the khajiit belief, or whether the ruling Mane takes care to eliminate any potential rivals before they can mature, cannot be determined. A Mane can be born only under a rare alignment of Masser and Secunda when, according to legend, a third moon appears in the sky
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Ok, sounds fine, but I like the police stat, false morality idea and don't want to waste it, can you suggest another group?
Well I've got a Smuggler Faction Joining Quest where most people will believe killing a guard is the right thing to do.. Big Grin That should do.
There is a thread somewhere's discussin the age of the Mane - and Krisi's idea might be the way to go ... 2 ages as we will have 2 Manes.

I believe that this idea comes from our interest in things Elsweyr, but we will have to find some serious twists so that we do not merely mirror the death of the Emperor in Ob
Quote:There is a thread somewhere's discussin the age of the Mane
The Mane and it wasn't intended to the discuss the age.. came as a comment on the concept art.

Quote:and Krisi's idea might be the way to go ... 2 ages as we will have 2 Manes.
What idea? Will we? What!?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8