Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0909 "The Daily Cuttle Office" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Fddlrnthrf, Artorius and Shinigami42 all took a stab at this location but nothing came of it in the end. And right now the Daily Cuttle office claim is disembodied, seeing as the area it used to be in is firmly deleted along with a lot of other stuff and replaced by wilderness.

It would still be nice to have a newspaper office in the city, so I figured I'll leave this claim up here in the open and if anyone wants to take a fresh crack at it I'm sure we can sort out the details as to where the office will be situated in the city. (I.e., to which house's door your door marker will exit).
Keeping it as an interior claim is a great idea. Hooking the door up to a later location is also easy.
In the future this claim is designated as "Soluthis0909" and will be situated on a shore opposite the harbor in Soluthis. I've set up the exterior and will go ahead and make a starter cell for this claim.
I will accept this claim. I know RW has not been around but I think I have enough information to get started and I will read through the thread more thoroughly to see where it was going.

edit: never mind. Although I feel I am not a complete iliterate I feel that someone with a more improved dialogue should take this claim because I think it is needed.

I will move onto another Smile
I'll take this one.

It looks interesting. Regarding the quest, though - I'm willing to do it, but I'm not experienced at quest making beyond the CSWiki tutorials.

I'll still have a go, though. Am I right in understanding that none of the workers live in the office - they all commute there from their nearby homes?

BTW:
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
For fun, write an edition of the Daily Cuttle that smears the player if he fails to return the artefact after X number of days and distribute it around the city by placing it in interiors.
Do I do this through the quest script?

I understand that to do the distribution I use .enable, but how do I time it?
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk

I'll still have a go, though. Am I right in understanding that none of the workers live in the office - they all commute there from their nearby homes?
Correct.

BTW:
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
For fun, write an edition of the Daily Cuttle that smears the player if he fails to return the artefact after X number of days and distribute it around the city by placing it in interiors.
Do I do this through the quest script?
It's a book format.

I understand that to do the distribution I use .enable, but how do I time it?
You'll need a script.

For your quest, I'll assist you NP.
OK - thanks sandor Smile

I've had another idea for a kind of unmarked quest: if the player is Champion of Cyrodiil, perhaps the reporter could interview the player, and depending on the player's responses, different versions of the interview could be published in the resulting edition of the Daily Cuttle.

Whaddya think?

Also, the NPC RW mentioned in the OP is pretty much the only one who can commute to work here and at least look the part. There are two others, but they are mages, and it would look stupid for them to work at a newspaper office. Thoughts?
OK - thanks sandor Smile

I've had another idea for a kind of unmarked quest: if the player is Champion of Cyrodiil, perhaps the reporter could interview the player, and depending on the player's responses, different versions of the interview could be published in the resulting edition of the Daily Cuttle.

Whaddya think?
Sounds good.

I almost finished a similar script for Steadhelm so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Also, the NPC RW mentioned in the OP is pretty much the only one who can commute to work here and at least look the part. There are two others, but they are mages, and it would look stupid for them to work at a newspaper office. Thoughts?
Just change their class.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I almost finished a similar script for Steadhelm so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Good to hear - I'll let you know when I get the whole interview idea finalised.

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Just change their class.
OK. I thought I'd get approval before I made any changes. I'll get started on this tonight.
For the journalist, could I write a notebook containing all the rumors he's heard around town for possible news stories?

I can check through the dialogue around town but do you know of any possible ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6