Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0909 "The Daily Cuttle Office" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sorry for triple posting - I've been thinking about the interview idea, and it's really good, but the amount of different editions of the Daily Cuttle I'll have to write up for each possibility makes the whole idea seem too much trouble.

The only way to make it easy and simple is to only give the player one choice per question, otherwise we're making loads (a different one for each possible sequence of answers, eg. if there are three questions, each with three possible answers, in order to make an edition for any sequence of answers, I'll have to write 27 versions).
It's your call but even if you make over 20 versions it doesn't matter script wise.

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk

For the journalist, could I write a notebook containing all the rumors he's heard around town for possible news stories?

You could add these rumors to your quest (INFOGENERAL topic) and define the conditions so it's only available for your NPC.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
It's your call but even if you make over 20 versions it doesn't matter script wise.
Well I suppose that if it doesn't matter script wise, I may as well.

I've finished cluttering and AI for the claim so it's just Dialouge and quests left. Should I write the broadsheets and post up the .esp for you to script?

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
For the journalist, could I write a notebook containing all the rumors he's heard around town for possible news stories?

You could add these rumors to your quest (INFOGENERAL topic) and define the conditions so it's only available for your NPC.
Sorry - I don't quite understand what the INFOGENERAL topic is. Could you explain, please?
Should I write the broadsheets and post up the .esp for you to script?
Just send the esp when you're ready except for the quest, I'll merge the file and add the script after I did so.

Could you explain, please?
Click on the conversation tab and add the INFOGENERAL topic.

This topic takes care of how rumors are displayed in-game (or spoken).
After 48 in-game hours it will randomly change.
Right - okay.

I'll just add the dialogue except for the quest and post it up.

So are you saying that when the player reads the notebook the rumors get added to their topics?
Here's the .esp, sandor.

The office is cluttered and pathgridded, NPCs have adjusted AI schedules and Dialogue.

I haven't added any parts of the quest, but I have written the broadsheets, under StJk and then there are numbers - these refer to the sequence of answers - 111 means that answer 1 was picked in all three questions, 123 means answer 1 was picked for the first one, then 2 for the second, 3 for the third and so on.

The questions are included in the Broadsheet as well.

If anything is unclear, don't hesitate to ask. Smile
Thanks, I'll check the esp asap! Smile

EDIT

The file has been merged, pending review.

So are you saying that when the player reads the notebook the rumors get added to their topics?
It's possible through a script.

blue[/HR]

Review.

Please add a few tapestries to the main building, a plant and a few StRwMiscDunBoltPaper items.

The NPC's you're using have their own quests (StRwNPCTanlerRetheranDial, StRwNPCAlavurHlas, StRwNPCRareleBalur). Change the dial conditions.
Increase the quest priority for the Sol0909 quest.

Change the AI ID's from "0910" to "0909 for Tanler.

Nice work as usual! Smile

blue[/HR]

For the quest.

Please implement the interview dialogue.

I can't write the script without the dialogue.

TIA. Smile
Ah ok - great!

What priority would you suggest for the quest?
Ah ok - great!

What priority would you suggest for the quest?
It has to be higher (>6) than the the priority of the other quests so the dial for Sol0909 is displayed before the other dialogue. For example 10 or 20.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6