Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis1305 [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: Area03_Composite.jpg]

[blockquote]"The Slums" is the general term for the poor area in Soluthis' southwest corner. The folks are somewhat reclusive, and tend a large communal saltrice plantation which provides the bulk of their diet. The city grew and prospered over time, but the slums remained the same as the stubborn farmers didn't give a damn about Areya's pleas regarding property value. Their reasoning seems to be that, "So what if it's a prime spot adjacent to the Skyrim road city exit when one's forefathers have lived, loved and died for countless centuries on the same soil?" Areya gave up trying to convince the farmers to sell their homes some twenty years ago and just erected a wall around them, keeping the eyesore from merchants travelling the busy road.[/blockquote]

House type: Hole
Claim size: Medium
Neighbourhood: The Slums

Status: Finished by Dave_91, nfsfreak987, and TheImperialDragon.

There is a starter cell for this location, so load up Oblivion.esm + Silgrad_Tower.esm and open the cell Soluthis1305, and then you can get started. The owner(s) of this building are Dunmer belonging to Great House Redoran. Please use the name generator to come up with good male/female names. Don't use any Imperial stuff in this location, whether from TES4 or from our mod, apart from clothes and weapons. You can modify the layout if you like, but don't sprawl it too far. This is for suspension of disbelief only, as some players might wonder if he wasn't going under someone else's house. If you need more space just add another vertical story under the existing basement.

Please set up AI behaviour for the NPC(s) in your claim at your discretion, but do make sure they wander around outside for a part of the day so the neighbourhood feels alive. Note that the exterior is situated in SoluthisWorld03, not in SilgradTowerLand. Try to use existing xmarkers when possible to avoid clutter but don't let them limit you if they don't work for your needs.

[title]Information.[/title]
Extended information on modding in general can be found in sandor's excellent thread Technical Info concerning Interiors, and naturally the articles on the CS wiki are always worth reading. But don't forget to run forum searches here as well, because often you'll find the answer here instead of the wiki. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post the question here in your claims thread But beyond that it's worth remembering that trial-and-error is an integral part of modding and it's only natural that you have to playtest your work to see if what you did worked or not.
Hi, I'm Razackar. I'd like to ask if I could claim this area for modding.
I hope you give me permission, Bye!
Welcome to Silgrad Tower! :jump:

Please go ahead (on behalf of Razorwing)! :check:

You can claim your modding ID here.
Great, looking forward to hearing about your progress Razackar. Have fun! Smile

blue[/HR]

:alert:

You were last Active: 05.01.2007 08:27.
This claim has been recycled.

If you want to reclaim this interior (when not already claimed), please do so.

sandor
hi im new here and this place looks pretty small so id like to claim it, what do i need to do? the exterior? the interiors or both? i have no idea when id be done im new to modding

Edit: Sorry, didn't understand. So I would be doing the #5 house? I haven't really thought about the people there yet, I just saw this.

Edit 2007.02.18 00:50:
I've got an idea for the house. the man who lives there is Tyvan Fostrich he doesnt talk much and is often seen heading into the main part of town in the middle of the night. I was thinking that maybe he isnt actually a slum and he trades slaves and has a slave of his own, to help protect what he does he lives in the slums area where nobody would think anything of him. For a quest you could follow him and by watching him have a conversation with another man you could trigger a quest to investigate what he does, in the end stop the slave trading and free his own personal slave ??

Edit 2007.02.18 02:18:
Furthering on the quest you watch Tyvan have a conversation with a mysterious man, before this whenever you try to have a conversation with him he tells you he has important buisness to do and leave him alone. After overhearing the conversation about their "Secret Buisness". You decide it's worth investigating.

You wait for Tyvan to go out of the house wich he does every night at 9 to go to the tavern and then onto his little meeting. You can enter his house and he has a secret underground little cave with some jail cells in them, you find a couple prisons and one person dead from starvation. You then confront him and then.. I dont know the rest
Welcome to Silgrad Tower, nfsfreak987!

:wave:

A claim is a claim to mod something, you claim it (by posting in the relevant thread), then you mod it, then submit it for revision, after which it gets merged into the main Silgrad Tower mod Smile . In this case the claim is for an interior (with the details in the OP). You can generally have quests or whatever else you want in your interior (As long as it follows the guidelines and Review criteria, and from your description, it probably wouldn't be a problem at all with either one ;: )

If you are going to edit the exterior of the house in any way, you'll want the latest version of the modding ESM from here in the source.

But the most important thing is to have fun, whether it be by modding, or learning how to perform the different aspects of modding (texturing, modelling), or by participating in discussions that relate to quests or the background story of the mod. You're welcome to help out in any way. Smile I hope you'll stick around, there's a lot going on right now. :yes:

Have fun! Smile
Thanks TheImperialDragon, I'll get started right away... Don't expect it anytime soon, since this is my very first mod.

Edit 2007.02.18 09:25:
I'm really confused. Where do I find the base model of the interior? I downloaded the files you told me to and i cant find it in construction set, also i cant play the file in oblivion theres no portal... i do have the esm/esp (cant remember wich one it is) checked. ive brought all the files into my data folder what am i doing wrong?
Quote:Originally posted by nfsfreak987
ok I'm really confused where do I find the base model of the interior?? I downloaded the files you told me to and I cant find it in construction set, also I cant play the file in oblivion theres no portal... I do have the esm/esp (cant remember wich one it is) checked. I've brought all the files into my data folder what am I doing wrong ?

General info.

Claim your modding ID here.

I attached the portal.

For the model look at the screenshots.

You can use the StInRedBuilding06basementcap (shown in the screenie) to close the entrance to the basement (if you don't want it).

Welcome to Silgrad Tower! Smile
Thankyou very much, that helps :yes:

I'm using stinredbuilding03 and stinredbuilding06basementcap to cover the hole. I've put in some stuff - but I cant find a dunmer bed?
It's under "World Objects" -> "Furniture" -> "ST" or about there. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6