Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Craftsman's Guild (Julra Tong) [open for further discussion]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yes I like this idea as well (the books)

Sandor: Do we need to post a request in Lit Dev.

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045

Enjoy
Bob
I think that would be a good idea.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor

Enjoy
Bob
I think that would be a good idea.

Very Good

I will write up the details of the claim and request it
Here is the potters book, it definitely needs editing to be more Dunmer
I chose an Ashlander as the writer of the book. The book is a basic pottery book but also reference all the items needed to make a masterpiece
If we do not have we will need these things as listed in bold

A Guide to Pottery

by

Zanbaba Ashunadandus

The art of pot making has been passed to me from my ancestors after centuries of practice and dedication to the craft. I give to those who have been called to this art the secrets of our family craft.

Putting clay to a wheel doesnt make pottery.

Iit is essential that the aspiring potter become familiar with the various types of clay and tools necessary to complete each piece to its perfect potential

The potter must also train his or her hands so that they are soft and can feel the variations in the texture of the clay, bathing your hands in mineral oils daily will maintain this condition. Keep your hands moist and never engage in jobs or duties which might cause hardening.

The feet are very important as they regulate the speed at which the wheel spins, Agility and Endurance are the keys the potter must be able to maintain consistant speed and also be keen to changes in speed as they are needed. Train your feet by tapping them to the beat of the guar drum

The equipment needed to produce a piece are the same, the quality of the piece relys on the condition of the tools used.

Tools needed to produce pottery

Wheel: the wheel may come in varying sizes, but must always be placed on a flat surface to keep from becoming unstable during spinning A wheel with a trauma root rope is the best as the root does not stretch, The best plate is made from Limestone, but this is very rare and I have only ever seen one.
Tools:

Carving tools are necessary to make various pieces

Tools made of Ash rock produce the best pieces as they are smooth. These tools can be shaped by the potter to produce different shapes, but most commonly are tools for making different textures in the pot, these are simply called picks. Picks made from Ashrock found in the waters off the bitter coast are the best
Furnance:

The furnance is very important in the pot making and the temperature must be stable it has been found that wood cut from trees in the grassland region of Vvardenfell produce the most stable heat.

Bellows:

Use a guarskin bellows to blow the warm are across the pot, never allow the heat directly to the piece, doing it this way may take longer but will provide a much cleaner piece of pottery.

Clay:

Their are many different clays, the best kind comes from the mainland just east of the Kogo Tel Region. thier is also another clay, very rare which will become like glass when made properly this is found only in the wasteland north of Soluthis

Enjoy
Bob
Howdy

Oblivioneer is working on the Vintner book.

I'll start on the jewlers book asap, Thier should be sufficiant information on the other crafts allready in game I will have a look at them and modify said to include info about the items needed to produce a masterpiece in that craft.

Also I will add a few more quests for this

Enjoy
Bob
Howdy

@Sandor primarily or other party who may know

This quest is still open I assume, did any of these things get made or done, if not that is fine.

I would like to begin completing this

I will work on the jewelers book as I indicated previously

Oblivioneer is no longer with us? if this be the case I assume the Vintner book was never completed

I will do this also

Should have something in the next few days

Let me know otherwise

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
How many of these are actually completed?
Howdy

@Sandor primarily or other party who may know

This quest is still open I assume, did any of these things get made or done, if not that is fine.

I would like to begin completing this

I will work on the jewelers book as I indicated previously

Oblivioneer is no longer with us? if this be the case I assume the Vintner book was never completed

I will do this also

Should have something in the next few days

Let me know otherwise

Thanks

Enjoy
Bob
As I said on the top of the OP I claimed quest#1 and that one is almost finished.
It needs some polishing.

If you like, I could contact Oblivioneer and ask him about the book.
Super

Yes if you don't mind contacting that would be great

I will move forward with the other book in the meanwhile

thanks

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
How many of these are actually completed?

I am not sure how many have been completed jucklesjenk.

Have a great day
Charles
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7