Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ebb11 - Relneth's Repairs (Claimed, Finished)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Wow, I just loaded up the CS after finally getting the BSA all plugged in. Things look very different. I'm gonna need to take some time to readjust a handful of things, as all of the sudden, my tapestries, and shelves, and plants, and... most of everything, suddenly look slightly out of place. Beyond that and a bit more testing of the quests to make sure they work (so far so good), I think I'm ready to upload again. So! Be on the lookout Big Grin

edit:

The plants in Okan-Shei's bedroom suddenly have no soil... Anyone care to point out some dirt that I can add to a pot, or a pot mesh with dirt already in it? ?(
I faked something like the pot with soil in Sparrow's Shack (Ebb14). Feel free to select and copy to render everything around the nirnroot plant, about 4 pieces including the plant. Once you paste it over you can delete the plant and sub your own.

HTH,
Steve
Thanks, sir. Most helpful. I fudged things up a bit, and grabbed and moved things against my will (yay for not being used to the CS quite yet!), and as a result I lost a bit of work as I hadn't saved recently (yay yet again -_-). Anywho, that should work nicely. So, tonight I have a birthday celebration to attend, but before that I should have time enough to get the plants planted in dirt, and touch up the tapestries and reclutter some stuff. After I get back I need to do one last test of the quests, make sure they all work well, and then I am ready to upload. So, late tonight, or tomorrow evening, expect the latest rendition of Relneth's Repairs ^.^

edit:

I noticed that Okan-Shei gets hung up a lot on the steps leading to the dock just east of Relneth's house. He makes it up all the stairs but the last one. My character also gets hung up there and has to jump to make it up. I also run into this on going up the dock steps. Is this something that is well known and whatnot, or am I just unlucky?
Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou
I noticed that Okan-Shei gets hung up a lot on the steps leading to the dock just east of Relneth's house. He makes it up all the stairs but the last one. My character also gets hung up there and has to jump to make it up. I also run into this on going up the dock steps. Is this something that is well known and whatnot, or am I just unlucky?

I'll check it out as soon as I can. Right now I'm having video card troubles. Smile
If you can't get to it today, let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Smile
I think it'll be a few more days at least until this video card problem gets solved and I don't want to hold your progress back. I am a little bit worried about technical problems, but we might get away with this. Try (in a separate ESP) to physically raise or lower the problem sections of the stair sets. Load just the Oblivion and Silgrad_Tower ESMs and save the new ESP as something like "TestStairs.esp" and load it when you're testing the claim.
Been having some problems recently with the CS. When I open the Quest editor portion, the window won't come up. If I open it a second time, the second one is displayed. If I close the first (through the nifty Window window under view), the second will disappear the moment I interact with it. I don't know if having two quest editors open will cause any problems, though it does mention that it is not advised to do...

Anyway, it hasn't been any big inhibitor of progress, but I'm open to solutions if anyone has one.

Onto the mod itself. I am all set up and ready for one last big run through tonight to test it out, and make sure it works beginning to end. I made a little StairTest.esp as well, and will be trying that out at the same time. I'll let you know how that goes, and if it works, I'll upload the lil fella with Ebb11. Barring any sudden changes to my evening plans, Ebb11 should be up for review tonight. Big Grin

Yay!

edit:

Yay for sudden changes to my evening plans! I am just now able to start my testing -_- Since its a big couple of quests, it may take a while to test them all the way through Sad I got a short bit done before I had to exit and enable screenshots in my ini.

Also, moving the steps up a bit helped at first, but now they catch in the middle... I haven't looked too closely to see if I just need to raise it higher, or what. I also moved the wood steps at the end of the dock, but the effect was that you get caught on the first step instead of the last -.- So with my limited testing, I still haven't fixed it yet ^_^

I did run into some interesting unrelated things though. I pick pocketed Okan-Shei to make sure he was picking the ingredients (he is, woo), and got arrested. Went to the Steadhelm jail, and upon exiting I noticed a few oddities. The steps up to the castle don't seem to have any collision, neither does the large gray rock just in front of said steps. I can walk right through both. Also, if you follow the castle's wall around towards the coast, one of the boulders making up the cliff there has some obvious invisible bits showing. Not really related to Ebbedin, let alone Relneth's Repairs...

So, yeah. I'm gone starting tomorrow until late Sunday. I'm gonna go back to testing right now, and I'll make another post including the esp regardless of if I make it all the way through or not. The quests worked before I had all my hardware and RL issues, I can't imagine I've broken them since then.

edit 2:

Ha! I broke Okan's first quest. A little thing. I didn't add a StartQuest for it anywhere. Fixed. Its bedtime now, though, so here's the ESP. If anything's horribly broken due to my bad luck, I am sorry. Shouldn't be, though. As such, feel free to interpret this as my review submission, or just wait a couple of days for me to hopefully have time to do a proper test. Big Grin

Have a happy Easter and all that, everyone, and thanks for your patience with me on this once-tiny little shop mod nearly 6 months in the making.
As an aside, its never been mentioned as a problem before, but is it okay to have Okan-Shei harvesting all the ingredients he can find? Once you complete his two quests, he starts to sell what he picks, but before that he pretty much hordes them to himself, depriving the player of plants from the island in some cases.
Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou

Went to the Steadhelm jail, and upon exiting I noticed a few oddities. The steps up to the castle don't seem to have any collision, neither does the large gray rock just in front of said steps. I can walk right through both. Also, if you follow the castle's wall around towards the coast, one of the boulders making up the cliff there has some obvious invisible bits showing. Not really related to Ebbedin, let alone Relneth's Repairs...
Thanks for mentioning these problems. Smile
I'll fix it.
Quote:Also, moving the steps up a bit helped at first, but now they catch in the middle

Are these steps the ladder-type steps I made? Looking at the CS, I suspect so. Back when I made them, it never occurred to me to test them with NPCs. When I can put Max on a machine, I'll redo both models to include more steps closer together, without changing the geometry of the supports.

Oops!
Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12