Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tel Uvirith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
After looking at these pictures, I say it looks great! The only criticism I have is the models. The parts where they stem out, it looks unnatural. Some parts the fatness of the branch grows, then shrinks, then grows again, it looks like some really big person stepped on a part of it. If it's too much hassle to fix, then it's fine anyways.

Great job on Tel Uvirith! The one stronghold I had made for me looks just as good in Oblvion.
IAMTHEEMPEROR, thanks for the comment, love the nick. I'd say, personally, that nothing is more natural than things getting fatter and thinner and fatter, stuff doesn't grow in straight lines. On the unnatural side, it's Telvanni magic that grows the whole tower and town so it's not 100% natural anyway.

I was getting ready to start to begin to test the water by saying that the exterior set is finished, as the models have received a good response from other community members. I am always ready for more input though, could you tell me which model in which screen in particular concerned you?

--

On a separate note, I downloaded the VV assets, as they shall be known hereafter, and there are some stunning bits of kit in there, I absolutely love the urns. One thing I'm not so keen on are the crates. These are pretty much universal IMHO, so would anyone have a problem with vanilla model crates in Vvardenfell? I just feel they look a bit less flat.

(actually, it's only the big brown crate I don't like, but seeing as there are only two models then I'll just use the other one from the VV assets).

-JonS
Well the crates are pretty generic anyhow, a crate is a crate, no matter what part of Tamriel you're in. It's the textures that really bug me with them.

Now you said you were about finished with the exterior set now, do you think there is enough there for most of the Telvanni exteriors?
Yeah we really need some retextures. I miss the dark brown crate. :| The Skooma crate looks nice I think, but I do agree with the lack of crates. Perhaps you could use Cyrodillic crates now, and if we ever feel the need, we can change them later?
Eric: The exterior stuff is pretty much finished now, few tweaks here and there and it'll be ready to relz. Some bits are still missing, notably the Council House, which is gonna be a lot of fun Smile I guess I'll just make bits to order as they're needed. I need to start work on the interior set now... that's going to take a while.

Dave: I'll just bung the vanilla crates in for now then.

As an aside, my avatar is Jasmine, the second most beautiful person in my life. She's an Ibanez JS1000 and plays like a dream Smile

-JonS
I was going to stay away from this, but then you had to go and put a gee-tar as your avatar: have you ever heard of the guitarist Joe Satriani?

Just curious,
Steve
Heard of him? I cut my teeth on Surfing with the Alien Tongue

I play a lot of his stuff, my #1 musical influence. The Ibanez JS1000 in the pic is his signature model (well the JS1200 is now but I don't like the colour).

Not many people have heard his music, most who have dismiss it as outdated and ostentatious. Personally I think most of his music is a fine example of how to write a song, his understanding of what makes something sound right is just incredible. Plus he can chop the blues so well it makes my blood boil.

</Satch rave>

-JonS
My guitar teacher has one of satriani's signature ibanez's, I can't remember which.

I'm quite a fan of Satch meself, so much o I've started addressing him as "Satch", apparently. But I've always been more a Hendrix man meself, and I'm sure within certain circles the Hendrix vs. Satriani argument is as old as time itself.

You have however just reminded me that its been five months and I've yet to christen my new guitar...

I love the models by the way Big Grin Although the normal house texture seems to strike me as slightly odd, but I can't think why. Not odd in a its wrong and should be changed way... just odd...

Edd
Hey, small progress today, hopefully to be updated later. Was stuck in a rut model-wise, but I made a really important bit look reasonably good (the archways connecting hallways) so now I have new purpose, and am going to try and blitz the interior tileset while I'm in the mood. So, piece the first (from today at least) is the 2-way hallway.

Bear in mind the textures are still the crappy ones I knocked up to test the other interior bits - it's more the shape I'm concerned with atm.

screen 1
screen 2 with char for height comparison

Any thoughts?

-JonS
Not such a productive day, in the end - found Stronghold 2 again Smile

I made the straight hallway as seen before, and the bend part which is pretty impossible to show in any context, but it's not that different from the straight ones - it just... goes around the corner Smile

Perhaps tomorrow this'll get done, I want to make the high and low entry points for the tall tileset, a ramp and some 3/4-way hall parts for the hallways. Should I bother making the 5- and 6-way, and the vertical corridors? Are we expecting levitation in this mod?

-JonS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9