Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tel Uvirith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Funny you should mention door animation. Smile I've been fighting that battle with the aid of Tazpn over at Niftools, and this thread over there talks about the progress made so far.

Short form: I got a bone-simple bar counter "door" (think the hinged part of the counter where the employees go in and out) working in Oblivion with both open and close working and the collision moving with the moving part. Now that I know how to do that, I gonna make a part that goes with the rest of the bar counter set and send that and the corner to RW for ST inclusion.

After that, JS, if you like, I could take a look at your Telvanni stone door.

IATE: As for how that door could be moved, I go with counterweights, levers and plenty of that good ol' Telvanni PFM. Big Grin

Later,
Steve
The door activator thing got me thinking. My favourite thing to do in my own MW Telvanni tower mods was to make simple activators out of mushroom models and have "living lifts" that transported mundane visitors around the tower. I wonder if I can pull off any of that in Oblivion, some kind of simple script that moves objects instead of building animation in the nifs themselves.

I'll work a double-sided stone door (that one is /screaming/ for a decent texture) and send it over to Steve, then - thanks man. I've done bits that aren't included in Tel Uvirith, like docks and raiser platforms, right now it's interior time or I'll never get it done!

I have a really annoying issue with the housepod interiors, something to do with the havok mesh I think. When you enter the house, the collision works fine in x and y dimensions but the char can't jump? It's like they instantly hit their head on an invisible ceiling. Can send a nif over to anyone clever.

-JonS
Whoo, the tall tileset has entries at mundane and wizard levels Smile

These screenshots are in so little context that they mean almost nothing, but you might see roughly how they look.

screen 1
screen 2
screen 3

Thoughts?

-JonS
You are a great asset to this teamSmile
Beast! :bananarock: I love it, plain and simple.
I think it's great Jon. :yes: Very nice.

However, are the textures final? Not that they're bad, but I'm wondering how they'll look in game with some nice lighting on them...
They do look very cartoonish. For great inspiration on how to make the Telvanni tileset look, check ot the TES4 equivalent in the Shivering isles, the root dungeons. The Telvanni set is most likely where Bethesda got the inspiration from.
I actually agree there, you can definitely see a resemblance. :yes: I've seen a few topics about that too.
Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
hey! I can play accordion, have several bongos and a lute. We should start a gypsy punk band! Gogol Bordello anyone?

More importantly nice work on the interiors. And Morrowind NPCs didn't have to levitate as they were much more static than Oblivion NPCs.

Edd

Quote:Don't shrink me gypsy
Just some more criticism:

Also, to redo the crystals so they aren't Ayleid-ish, try retexturing some of the Shivering Isles Obelisks. They would fit in waaaay better with the classic appearence of Telvanni Crystals.

Fix the UV a bit on some pieces, some have rather nasty seams.

Change the texturing of the halls so the floor texture isn't so high up on the sides.

Less orange, a lot less orange. Throw in some vibrant colors, some greens on the outside, and some reds and purples inside.

I still stand by my opinion of the appearence of those crushed roots. They just don't look natural.

We can keep discussing why or not the current appearence of some parts is good or not, but I will just sat that what I'm seeing isn't how they were in TES3, and that is when I know that that isn't the same Telvanni from Morrowind. I'd say try to make them look as close as possible, not just the roots but everything, matching the entire shape up, keeping in mind the Oblivion ones need to be even more detailed. Then the textures, look at the TES3 ones and try to match them up as close as possible to Oblivion. The UV's should tile properly to get rid of.

Sorry if I'm making things worse on you, just trying to point out ways so it can be best looking as possible. Confusedhrug:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9