Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Exterior of Dumac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ok, the files are small enough that i can get them in two .7z archives. Been working on the landscape for so long i forgot about uploading the files completely Big Grin. They're very nice textures too.

They should be in the correct filepaths and everything. Then you can merge it. I can make further small changes in successive ESPs if needed (such as when we do the landscape everywhere else in the region)
Can I have a screeny or are these the one's I've seen allready

Enjoy
Diet Bob
Three screenshots + the ESP on the previous page bob. If you want, you can download the ESP + the files on this page, and check it out for yourself, either in the CS or ingame.
Who's generating the region? I don't mean to sound pushy, but we are going to need the region completely generated before the 3.0 release. Smile

Map of the Dumac Region
*looks around* well, in the absence of any other modders who happen to be good at doing landscapes, i think that'd probably be me. I'll try to start planning it out this week, maybe trying to find a tutorial for the landscaping. Dumac's really a transitional region, between the bitter coast and deepen moor, with a mountain right there in the middle.

the difficulty i had when i experimented earlier was that it isn't one distinct region, it's 3 (bitter coast, deepen meadows, and then rocky dumac mountainous part) Still, i'll see what i can do about it, though i wouldn't be opposed to put it up as a region claim (the cells i hand-did will have to be preserved so that the region generation doesn't steamroll everything i just did however)
Yeah Seniosh

Go team Go

btwe I looked at the previous posts as you recommended , and I like what I saw,

great job

Enjoy
Bob
I think the best person to generate the region would be the person who's making the ruin itself. That way there's a whole lot less we'll need to worry about in terms of technical conflicts. If you're going to do it, let me know and I'll set up the region thread on the claim board. Smile

I think it would be neat to give the Dumac Region a bit of its own style, kind of a rocky mountain with lots of signs of Dwemer. I would say it should take up most of the region area, but I'm happy leaving it up to you. I don't have a list of objects for you to use, so you can have a little bit of fun with it.

btw: It should be Deepen Meadows, not Deepen Moor. There's a map of the regions You can also use this plan (yellow is Dumac, blue is Bitter Coast, lime green is Deepen Meadows, cyan is Steadhelm, and magenta is Ashunor Valley).
Yeah, i'll give the region generation a try. The one thing is that you can't really generate the dwemer/dumac type region. It involves placing rocks at 2-3x scale on large ridges, all of which has to be hand-made, but i'll see what i can do about it.

Make a region claim and i'll post more there. The only thing that worries me is the auto-generation, and the fact that it really won't work spectacularly well for west-gash type rocks and such.

After waaaaaaay too much time spent in the CS taking down coordinates, i made made a map of the separate transitional regions of Dumac. There are 3 transitional regions. Each takes it's color from the adjacent region, which it will blend in to. The regions are the Northern steadhelm transition, the East/south bitter coast transition (which i think is the same or similar to steadhelm actually), and the western Deepen Meadows transition. That leaves a large space in the middle, which i think might have to be hand-changed, because it's all rocks and ridges, which the region generator can't really do.

Luckily, the middle is a GIANT mountain, which takes up most of the space, and won't really need to be edited much. Then i can work on the transitional regions. I'll see if i can use modified region generation settings from each border region.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Make a region claim and i'll post more there.
I figured you already knew enough about the region (and your plans for it) so I didn't type too much. Done. :check:
I updated the LOD and Distant LOD and noticed that a number of rocks with _far Nifs don't have the VWD box checked (screenshot).

Is this intentional?

If so, I'll send the files to Razorwing.

Otherwise you could submit an esp which checks the VWD boxes for these items. I'll merge the file and update the Distant LOD.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10