Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Exterior of Dumac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Yes, thanks Phitt!

Seniosh, if we'll be starting work on the interiors fairly soon, is there an up-to-date map of what we need to do? I looked in the claims board, but it doesn't look like it's all there.
Well, the basic map of the ruin (which only outlines the sections) is in the aptly titled "Dumac Layout" thread. I haven't posted claims of everything, cause i've been busy (read: lazy), and i want to get the other tests finished first.

What i'll probably do later tonight or this weekend is create a claim for Evasion and Confrontation. Evasion sounds straight-forward, if script/AI heavy, and trap-laden. As for Confrontation, i'm not sure if it's just fighting with a single opponent, if it should involve strategy, etc.

Evasion could be quite spectacular if the traps and threats are managed well enough.
I think Evasion would be too difficult for me - scripting isn't my strong point I'm afraid.

As for Confrontation... here's a couple of more "strategic" ideas:

Enemies that can only be harmed by the fireballs they shoot at you. You need to position yourself between them and then dodge so they hit each other.

An invisible opponent. The player has to figure out how to track its movements by the sounds it makes in order to defeat it.

A confrontation with fear? A chasm with an invisible bridge over it, and a series of clues for this "leap of faith"?
I like the idea

The confrontation test is primarily a striaght up battle between the player and a superiorly manufactured dwemer machine.

your idea seems more suited to the Test of Evasion. If it can be implimented I think it will do nicely

Enjoy
Bob
Sounds good. Were all four tests featured in Morrowind, so we know what to work from? I only remember Disorder and Pattern.
I don't remember seeing all four tests, but then again, i only played morrowind briefly. Maybe they had all four in one of the expansions? Could be in tribunal, cause i remember people raving about the large dwemer tileset.

I'd have to agree with bob, evasion is a thinking test, whereas confrontation is probably more of a "destroy this machine" test.

I love the fireball idea for evasion though - we could have a small "arena" at the end of evasion where you have to dodge fireballs and make them hit opponents. we've even got some fireball traps from Phitt that would work very nicely. I've just got to figure out how they work...
All 4 were included in Morrowind/Tribunal

Its been awhile since I've looked but I can give you a brief

The Ttest of Patterns is part of the Mages Guild questline
Nchuleftingth Expedition Quest

The others where all part of Sotha Sils Clockwork City in Tribunal

Enjoy
Bob
Ahhhh. So that was what all those rooms were about...

It all makes a lot more sense now.
Yes

And I stand corrected ...All 4 tests are used in Sotha Sils Lair

The Test of DisOrder is the Fabricant Making Machine
The Test of Patterns is the control room, where you have to depress the correct buttons to get to the other side of the room
The Test of Evasion comes in the room with the spinning slicer
and Confrontation against the massive Imperfect prior to Sothas Control Room

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
Wasn't there a test of patterns in one of the main Dwemer ruins? The one with the Mages Guild expedition, you had to pull the correct lever based on the lights to open up a hidden passage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10