Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Exterior of Dumac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Should these claims be on the exterior or interior of Dumac? Conceivably, we could start making individual interior cells, and then put them all together later.

I liked bob's ideas of having a Library of Science, Museum of Astrology, and Various Schools of Metal Crafting.

Those could all be separate claims. The claimant would have to make what is essentially a guild-hall claim, but without NPCs or anything like that. I don't know if we have an observatory model, but it would be wonderful if we did.

Also, we only have models from morrowind, so we'll have to make any special models ourselves, for example a dwemer telescope (which would be so cool if you could use it to zoom).

I'll start posting things once i get a good chance to think about the background, layout, ect. (or if any of you guys have ideas, feel free to post them in the Claims thread)
Well

Interior Exterior

The Exterior is what we will see above ground (the ruin)

The interior is below ground and these structures would be below ground in a large cavern

I will take some more screen shots form what I had put together for ES3, these are just concepts so their incomplete in some aspects

I'll post them quickly

Enjoy
Bob

Edit:

These 2 screenies

The first one is the interior cave (one of them ) with an idea of layout for the residential buildings

the second is one I had added a few doors too to see which one looked best

from a model making stand point I think the rectangular door is easier to make with the building, but I prefer the ball entry

Enjoy
Again Smile

Bob
Ahh, so the houses will be in the caves inside Dumac?

I think that would be pretty cool, Especially if we get a good interior model for the house. We can also do some pretty cool stuff with the massively tile-able Moldcave, and have several levels of houses in a single cave. Of course, we'll have to watch the facecount, but i think it should be OK.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ahh, so the houses will be in the caves inside Dumac?

I thought you knew that Confusedhrug:

The interiors of these homes wasnt too difficult

Here is a screeny of one of the layouts concepted, their were a few minor issues with it only because I have no modelling skills but it can easily be worked out for anyone with those skills

Enjoy
Bob
my construction set is all boiled, cant even start it, so sorry cant work on anything mroe cept books, reports and lore for a while(still quite some work)

btw seniosh if ya anything that has to do with writhing stories with ya morag tong mod(looking forward to another assasination guild, I so love killing :lmaoSmile
ask me, well cept if i need to script it into the game then well dont call me Tongue
Don't worry about not using the CS, the more writings we have the better. It means we will have a deeper mod.
Just a quickie question from a project outsider:

How close is this project to completion? It looks really interesting and seems as if you've got a lot of work done now. Will it be in the next release of Silgrad Tower?
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Just a quickie question from a project outsider:

How close is this project to completion? It looks really interesting and seems as if you've got a lot of work done now. Will it be in the next release of Silgrad Tower?

The part on the main page called 'Silgrad Tower v3.0 (WiP)' should answer all your queries: http://oblivion.silgrad.com/ . We're always getting asked that question so it's good to have this post up here. Razorwing obviously can't answer everybody and yet he knows the most about the present state of play. I, for example, just do my thing...

I've certainly seen you over on the 'Black Marsh' forums. I'm surprised you haven't dropped by here, to be honest. Would you be interested in taking a claim or contributing something? Every little means a lot to us. Smile We're slowly but surely getting there. Something new and really cool keeps cropping up every week, it seems.

P.S. Please try to keep your posts in the right section. This thread is mainly devoted to Seniosh's 'Dumac' work and, if he sees a new post, he might think there is someone wanting to let him know something important. It's no problem though, just a heads-up.
Actually, it does look like Deeza was in fact talking specifically about Dumac, and asking about it's progress.

To answer the question, I'm mostly done with the bitter coast part of the exterior (borders), the exterior landscaping of the city is in-game, as is the first test (Patterns).

Unfortunately, school's been slamming me, probably because i saved all my summer work till the end. Once the summer backlash is over i'll have the BC exterior done. Then, i'll probably put the Dumac transition North and West up as claims, because i'm not really a region-guy at heart.

Once that's at least being worked on, i'll start pumping out the interiors. It'll all be done in Moldcave (unless we can get a mudcave retex!), with Phitt's set. I have to check his official thread, but hopefully he'll release his mod soon, so that we can easily distribute the materials.

In summation, i've paused my modding for a week, but i'll get back to the exterior and interiors once i'm done with schoolwork.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10