Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tsaesci mounts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What were you guys planning to use as mounts for the Tsaesci?
I had the impression that you are going to use the Akatosh model.
I don't think that's a good idea(no hard feelings, Saiden, if you read this)
You see the Tsaesci ATE the dragons. Ok, i know, people eat and ride horses, but that's diffrent. I d's use something like this:

[Image: cockatrice-spiderwick-field-guide.gif]

It's a cockatrice: light, fast and poisonous. Though i woouldn't give him feathers.

I saw that Prometheus had made an iguana model, maybe you could use that. Or you can change and make the Akatosh model smaller.
But the cockatrice looks better i think(maybe reskin and change akatosh, make the wings smaller and bird-kike,...)
Don't take the "ate" thing too seriously or litirally, they said the same thing about humans and that's been confirmed to be a bullshit story.
The Tsaesci are known to have enslaved an unknown number of dragons, we will stick with that Wink

Altough I always welcome new ideas for mounts and just about everything else, I believe that the Cockatrice is a rather small creature, unsuitable for riding.
We did have some plans to add a giant non-flying bird as a mount, but I don't think this will be a Tsaesci mount, pherhaps they will be used for the Tang Mo if we ever get those birds in-game.

According to official lore, the Tsaesci do have cavalry, I can't remember if it specifically mentioned horses, but that's what we will use as their most common mounts.
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
According to official lore, the Tsaesci do have cavalry, I can't remember if it specifically mentioned horses, but that's what we will use as their most common mounts.

it didnt mention horses at all Smile
Hi people im new to this modding community(And the whole modding community on a whole,When i read about someone doing akavir i was excited so i thought i would join you guys and help maybe a bit on the lore and the art(Im trying to learn concept art,If there is a technique need to search it up)i havent done modding myself yet so go easy on me,But i have been stalking this forum and been listening to posts so know some tools in modding(etc photoshop,Blender), Anyway i had an idea for the tsaesci mounts what about wyrms(You could use the slaughterfish mount as a base and change its look) i think that would suit the tsaesci and with that animation i read about when they coil up there tail into a holder,Sounds very cool
Welcome Lore Naga.
[Image: wyrm.jpg]
i think this would be a good way a tsaesci would ride a wyrm,And the picture kinda fits in the whole japanese related thing going on with the tsaesci.
[Image: wyrm.jpg]
I think this would be a good animation of it leaping and maybe doing ranged attacks,I also think this picture could be the actual concept of what it could look like and ive always imagined wyrms like this(so its hard for me to see them as a dragon breed)But if so they could be a off breed of maybe tsaesci and a dragon.
[Image: schlange_grau.jpg]
And this lastly i like the way the tail ends on this picture of a half wyrm,And also too Shiver-Tails earred tsaesci(That i think might work with the tsaesci "if" the ears look more like horns)This would be a good wyrm to relate to that certain kind of earred tsaesci.
Interesting. What do other people think? I do like the artwork. My questions are 1. How well does this fit? 2. Are the animations doable?
1.How does this fit? Well it could fit in many ways,well 1.Its a Dragon like Breed and its kind of look as a snake(Thats fits perfectly with the Tsaesci,Some are said to have had the Dragon Essence in them i hear,And the tsaesci Lords have the dragon essence too but in a more extreme form + Using your lore Ysne Didnt you mention a lord that has fully transformed into a giant snake like thing with dragon essence so that means he would probably have some dragon traits etc... Fire breathing, Well Bingo thats a Wyrm so you could say some tsaesci who didnt get the dragon essence and was set aside asked that particuler tsaesci lord if he could share his secrets instead he doomed them into become somethink like himself as a new breed of mounts for his taskmaster and so the population has grown and nearly all the kingdoms of tsaesci lords have Wyrms as there mounts now) 2.Is the animation doable? Ok well someone could already sort out the whole normal moving animation by using the slaughterfish mount
(With Permission of Author) and removing its frills and gills and all that fishy stuff(Then) If Shiver Tail could make the Face of the second Concept and someone plant it on the head instead of the annoying looking slaughterfish head,Also you would need to stretch out the body ive already discussed this with a old modder he said it is easy to do that,Then all you need is a animation for a ranged attack and close combat attack(If you want the wyrm to fight)The wyrm would leap up and use fire attacks for ranged(Like shown in Picture 2),And well the close combat attacks could just be the slaughterfish attacks and the animation for going up hills well i have to say it will have to be like a caterpiller if just walking,But running would have to be like You know when you see these nature programs and the dolphins are jumping in and out of the water well like that but in a Wyrm way,And This Mount would be able to go in Water and Land something will have to be done so that the body of it is just on top of the land so it aint floating
That is great feedback Lore N. I also want to hear what others think. This is a team effort.
Sorry bout that,Just putting my view in on your questions first,Ill wait for other feedback,Who is working on akavir anyway ysne? And will you accept me in the team because im making some concept art for a blind canine race that live in a village on a grassy mountainside In Ka Po 'Tun territory,Also im gonna work on some concept for a rat people(Ive heard there was a rat type people in some book i read in oblivion) ill base it off the Skraven from Warhammer but turn the concept more like chinese alchemists or chinese travelling salesmen.

Also you said about Akaviri people being used as cattle i think thats very wrong(Dont want to correct you guys but in the books they definetly say goblins are the main cattle) Also....... Instead of samurai style helmets wouldnt a clannfear crest on the top of its head look even better for tsaesci warriors, And the last thing im going to say is that the vampiric thing might be somethink you guys want to base on but i did had the idea of the author(Or Authors) who saw the vampiric feeding were wrong because lets say a snake bites into a person and puts its poison into that person and theres no blood well that is a complete copy of what a vampire does to a person in oblivion,So tsaesci biting someone and tsaesci feeding on someones blood i really dont know its just a theory
Pages: 1 2 3 4