Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: EGRS0102 - "Kungumabog" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just a little background information to help anyone else if they need to take this claim up while I'm away....

Kungumabog is the site of one of the largest battles in BM's recent history. The Mabog people are very independent and proud - and with good reason, since they managed to fight off the Royal Court, the Empire and the sinister Pretender to the throne of the Priest-King, Kikkirkrazz, all at once! The Argonians who live here are even more fiercely traditional than those at Phomolo, and getting to know them will be hard. However, the Mabog people will fight fiercely to defend their friends, even if they are from outside the tribe. Currently, they are at peace with both the Royal Court and Empire, but they never let anyone forget their past glories.

For the full story of the battle and its aftermath, read the book "The Battle of Kungumabog" from this thread: Deeza's books (it's the third one down). The most important parts, though, which have a direct bearing on what you could include in this claim are:

- There is a large wooden fortress in the middle of the town, on a platform above the waters. This is unique because Argonians rarely build defences, preferring hit-and-run tactics. Thus, the fortress is almost a parody of the Imperial forts, designed more as a statement that the tribe are the Empire's equals than as a practical defence. It can only be entered by swimming underneath it then up into a well-guarded room.

- Outside the village is a huge wooden statue of Eikkai-Ottul, "the Undefeatable", the chieftain who won the famous Battle. This would be a good chance to demonstrate what traditional Argonian art looks like.
Thanks Deeza! Just a quick point to add here: that the settlement's position be pushed a little further south on the map so that it straddles the Everglades and Darkmoor. I was considering adding some of retextured versions of the shroom trees from the Telvanni tileset on the southern side to add to the swamp huts....the fortress is likely to be central.
Here's a pic that Lore_Naga found that would work very well for Kangumabog considering its proximity to the larger swamp trees of Darkmoor that Senten created. Thanks, NA!
Woah! That picture is phenomenal!

Hope you can do something like that!!

`SN
We could never get the lighting done that well in Oblivion but a combination of something like the Solace mod, KP's watertop huts and Anvil/SI wooden docks and boards should get us very close. Plus there's your cool trees to add, Senten! =)
Hey senten your very good at using speedtree you should congratulate yourself at being so good =) .

I need to read the start of this topic...

:Edit: Readed so i understand the lore now and yes it would be good for this region/landscape still i would like to see something like my concept to be in deep murkwood if possible.

Thanks.
Thanks guys.. Blush

If i can help with models or textures (or Speedtrees Cool) just let me know!

`SN
I thought you were all sailors on deck at elsweyr? Meaning no time for other projects.

Still ive seen your work, Very good.
Senten was very valuable to BM in the old days and was once part of the core team. He's very welcome here. Smile I'll certainly let you know if we're in need of more trees.

And yes, those pics, NA would indeed fit with Murkwood ideas very well....
Quote:Originally posted by Lore_Naga
I thought you were all sailors on deck at elsweyr? Meaning no time for other projects.

Still I've seen your work, Very good.

You know, Black Marsh is my homeland. I've started modding here, and yes im busy. But i'll always can help here , if these guys need something.

Ibsen, koniption and the other guys make Black Marsh to glory. And they don't need me, so that's why i joined to Elsweyr.

Of course, im only for Elsweyr now! Smile

`SN
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5