Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RE: SHRC04 "Fishermen's Island" [Old discussion SACarrow]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think I can handle this. I am fairly new to the modding scene and have never released my own mod, but if you'll take me, I will do it. I just may need some time. Am I allowed to incorporate quests and/or custom content such as new static meshes or even items. I wouldn't mind making a series of fish that could be used for alchemy. I was also thinking some children, maybe scripted to play tag around the island? Let me know, I am just sort of rambling off thoughts. As for custom content, I may have to contact a moddeler on account of I am not too great at that, but I am learning.
Welcome to Silgrad Tower and have fun! Smile

Check this post and don't forget to claim your modding ID.

Your questions.

It's great if you create a quest.

You're allowed to incorporate custom content as long as you have permission from the author (when applicable).

I like the idea of the fish and the playing children.

If you need advice send a PM to Razorwing he's responsible for the assets and head Modeller.
I can't download the modding .esm. Also, I can't read the page to download the private assets. All of the posts show up as font size .2 or something rediculous like that. Can they be PM'd to me?
Quote:Originally posted by DMTsukasa
Also, I can't read the page to download the private assets.
Only ST modders have access to the private assets.

Download the ST v2.5 -here-.
Secondly download the Public Update 3.

I can't download the modding .esm. All of the posts show up as font size .2 or something rediculous like that. Can they be PM'd to me?
Check the last post in the modding esm thread.
Replace the ST esm v2.5 (keep a copy) by the latest version (v2.58).
I really hate to do this, but I gotta drop out. College is eating pretty much all of my time and when it is not, I am too beat to do anything constructive. Sorry guys.

Maybe I will come back this summer if I am able.
Thanks for the update.

Maybe I will come back this summer if I am able.
That would be great.
It looks like it has a little of everything:

- Interiors,
- Exterior,
- NPC work,
- Scripting

It should also give me practice in doing a significant claim in a timely fashion, which methinks would be a useful trait in a Core member. Big Grin

Awaiting word,
Steve
Have fun! Smile
Here are my thoughts initially:

- 5 NPCs, all in the Surathi family: (namegen and vowel changing)
o an elderly couple, Unril and Davaya, the patriarchs,
o a middle-aged couple, Llotho and Moreya, who do most of the work. The guy is the son of the couple above
o a ne'er-do-well son of the second couple who gets into some trouble. His name is Cidarcil, 'cause his mother reads a lot of High Elvish romances. He's a bit sensitive about his name. Smile

Each of the groupings above would live in one of the dwellings listed.
sandor: With your permission, I'd like to change the grandson's dwelling to a shack Big Grin to emphasize his basic laziness.

I also will try using my platforms and walkways to form crude docks.

Activities

In addition to the basic eating and sleeping, I'd like to have frequent trips to Steadhelm for the younger 3 and occasional trips for the elderly couple. Those would include:
- Selling fish at a small stand in Steadhelm,
- Shopping
- Weekly worship at Smart-Snake's chapel,
- An occasional drink at the bar for the older men, with frequent trips for the youngest. Smile
A question here: Is there a way to put an NPC on a boat and have him go from point to point as part of his daily AI routine? I'd rather not teleport them.

Interaction with the PC

Dialogue topics will include base Steadhelm, fishing and lamenting about feckless Cidarcil. I may throw in another son who went to Silgrad for a better life.

The PC will be able to buy fish and sea-related products at the stand when open.
The PC will be able to buy passage to the island when the seller is ready to return to the island.

Quest possibilities

- Cidarcil gets in with the wrong crowd. I'd like to maybe tie this in with a small smuggler's cave near Steadhelm. Maybe Cidarcil's theft of a Surathi heirloom to pay gambling debts leads you to this cave, where the recovery of that heirloom raises Surathi disposition and gives the PC freee boat trips. Smile

Just some thoughts, but I need lotsa input. Big Grin

Thanks,
Steve
A very nice concept! Smile

My comments.

Quote:With your permission, I'd like to change the grandson's dwelling to a shack Big Grin to emphasize his basic laziness.
That's fine.

Quote:I also will try using my platforms and walkways to form crude docks.
Cool.

Quote:Is there a way to put an NPC on a boat and have him go from point to point as part of his daily AI routine?
Not that I know of, it should be possible though.
I have to think about this.

Quote:The PC will be able to buy fish and sea-related products at the stand when open.
The PC will be able to buy passage to the island when the seller is ready to return to the island.
Sounds good.

Quote:- Cidarcil gets in with the wrong crowd. I'd like to maybe tie this in with a small smuggler's cave near Steadhelm. Maybe Cidarcil's theft of a Surathi heirloom to pay gambling debts leads you to this cave, where the recovery of that heirloom raises Surathi disposition and gives the PC freee boat trips.
I like this idea.
Are you going to mod the cave or should I create a separate claim?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7