Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Village Planning: Greenspring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Hello Miz here with a new thread, for now we know about greenspring that it will be at (4,5;5.5) near Murkwood, which will make it unfriendly to non-Argonian outsiders. I've made some interiors for it just to try using Bravil and Tent Architectures but those will not work out since we will have to use local architecture. Also I had an idea about maybe adding Naga or other bandits to villages like Greenspring who ask the villagers for protection money, and if they don't pay they come pay a visit to their house and break their knees or other limbs and stuff. Just like criminals do now in real cities, furthermore there is not much done yet.
Hey Miz;

Just wanted to say, glad you are diving right into this mod;
good job! :goodjob:
I will definitely help out with interiors when you need me to.
PWN
thanks, I've been trying to script the Naga enforcers just to try how they work out but it just wont get done...... But that doesn't matter since if not for the BM blackmarsh I would have bored to death by now Big Grin
I'd leave them till later. Scripts are often a bitch to work out. First things first: I'd design the village, if it were me. Use the environment as a guide. The waterfall is a nice little resource for thinking how you might use it or build over it. Bear in mind that a lot of Phitt's stuff is named BMPH and these are normally very suitable for working with his architecture. Just use Utateki (aka Fort Swampmoth) as a guide.
While taking a break from my scripting and the design of the village I took the liberty of finally fixing my textures and meshes which allows me to mod bigtime, only with the given coordinates for greenspring I cant find a waterfall over there, maybe a screeny of it could help??

--Miz

EDIT: and of course two minutes after this message I find the waterfall, I just finished the exterior of the town and am starting to work on the interiors right now Big Grin

--Miz

EDIT2:

Greenspring Status Report 5-8-2011

Finally having fixed all my big yellow !'s I got to work on building up Greenspring. I used Phitts huts for it which look great only I had to improvise with the doors, not that it matters, it still looks good. The village mainly consists of two smaller huts, of which one inhabited by a female Saurian called Hits-With-Wood, her house interior is already complete and I'm working on dialogue for her. Also she uses a wooden club as a weapon and her AI will mostly be patrolling the village and stuff like that. Also IG told me about the small river and I have decided to make a make shift bridge out of lots of logs of all sorts of trees forming a bridge or dam like crossover to the other side. Also I've given up on my Naga Enforcer Script, I've worked on it for a total of 6-8 hours and its still not even close to done. Unless there is a good scripter near who can make them I'm afraid I can't use them for the village.

--Miz
Greenspring Status Report 5-8-2011

Finally having fixed all my big yellow !'s I got to work on building up Greenspring. I used Phitts huts for it which look great only I had to improvise with the doors, not that it matters, it still looks good. The village mainly consists of two smaller huts, of which one inhabited by a female Saurian called Hits-With-Wood, her house interior is already complete and I'm working on dialogue for her. Also she uses a wooden club as a weapon and her AI will mostly be patrolling the village and stuff like that. Also IG told me about the small river and I have decided to make a make shift bridge out of lots of logs of all sorts of trees forming a bridge or dam like crossover to the other side. Also I've given up on my Naga Enforcer Script, I've worked on it for a total of 6-8 hours and its still not even close to done. Unless there is a good scripter near who can make them I'm afraid I can't use them for the village.

--Miz
Cheers for the update, Mizreg!

The doors you'll need for Phitt's huts are to be found under Door - blackmarsh in the CS and begin with the one named BMPHHutDoor01 down to BMPHHutDoor05int. If you go to Utateki at -2,12 you will see how they have been used. I think I remember them fitting perfectly when you used 'snap-to-angle'.

There are a few other objects from Phitt in Utateki as well that you're free to use.

Btw, avoid using too many Saurian. Ideally, they are the shamanic race and should generally be reserved for that purpose (making shamans).
oh, woops, I can still change her if you want that, or make her the village shaman, that would be cool!
Hi Guys;

Saurians? They are the blue argonains right? I have a mod that lets you play one. is that what you used.

PWN
yeah but gonna change it since they are a shamanic race, gonna make a village shaman for sure though!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14