Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any rumors?
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM,
Any rumors?
I've been wondering, has ST got any city, region or faction-related rumors yet? Apart from the Steadhelm Bakery? Because I wouldn't mind recording some in different styles...

Thanks!
04-21-2010, 02:18 PM,
RE: Any rumors?
Quote:Originally posted by Cambridge Spy
I've been wondering, has ST got any city, region or faction-related rumors yet?
No.

A related discussion, we have to to determine how to organize the rumor system.

Quote:Originally posted by Cambridge Spy
Because I wouldn't mind recording some in different styles...

Thanks!
Great! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-23-2010, 07:24 AM,

Yeah, I totally agree with you Cambridge. I'd be interested in doing some voices for the rumors section too. I'd like to do the Dunmer voice overs, but I could try to voice some different races and styles as well.

So in the meantime, I'm really just sitting around, twittling my thumbs. Okay, not really, with school and all, but anyway, let me know when any voice acting can be done. I'll always be on call Wink
- robertneville777
04-26-2010, 03:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by robertneville777
[..] let me know when any voice acting can be done. I'll always be on call Wink
Great! :yes:

Any ideas/suggestions about the ST rumor system?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-30-2010, 09:32 AM,
hmmm...[scratches head]
I'm not sure Sandor.... Should we just do what Morrowind did and have a "latest rumors" option, or should we try to change it up?
- robertneville777
05-04-2010, 02:14 PM,

The rumor system is hard coded.

Depending on the NPC stats it shows up in the conversation menu, in any case it can be heard when NPC's are talking to each other.

We could for example divide the rumors per merchant type like publican, smith etc. As long as the content is general (NPC unspecific) it doesn't matter what they have to say however it should be related to their trade.

It would be nice to add a few rumors for every city.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-07-2010, 09:28 PM,

Yeah, I totally agree with you Sandor, every city and town is going to have rumors floating around. The trader specific talk sounds pretty realistic as well.

"What do you think about those new imported repair hammers that Gilyne bought?"

"Ah c'mon, Gilyne bought them from some cheap traveling merchant. Those merchants couldn't tell a claymore from a butter knife."

And like you said, we could have rumors that are general for that particular town. We would probably include specific names and specific places of that town, but I can't say them here because I've only played the RELZ. I think Oblivion accomplishes this, right?

"I was talking to Banden Indarys on my way to the Fighter's Guild. He was telling me -- "

" -- I'd be careful around Indarys, friend. You know he just got out of the Imperial prison at Steadhelm, right?"

And when it comes down to it, we should also throw in some small talk. Everybody does that in there daily lives :yes:

"Hey friend, how's that roofing on your house going? Almost done?"

Aww, you know these Imperial type homes...it's so pricey to repair them. Those shingles are going to be a hefty amount."

I'd like to think and write up some more thought-out rumors, but I would need to get a feel for this mod, and unfortunately the RELZ is not enough. Is there any way I could get the modder's source, even though I'm technically not a modder yet?

***EDIT***
Okay Sandor, I saw the link to the other thread that you put up. I think what Bob posted there is pretty much what I'm leaning torward. I think that's the best course of action.
- robertneville777
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM,

I really like your ideas, robertneville777! :goodjob: They seem really casual, yet realistic. :yes:
05-11-2010, 03:05 AM,

Thanks Imperial Dragon!

I have a question man? How do I mess around with those .lip files? Any tutorials you guys can point me too? I just want to experiment a bit. Thanks!

By the way, I tried googling around, but nothing really substantial came up )X
- robertneville777
05-11-2010, 01:15 PM,

I like your ideas too.

Quote:Originally posted by robertneville777
I have a question man? How do I mess around with those .lip files? Any tutorials you guys can point me too? I just want to experiment a bit. Thanks!

By the way, I tried googling around, but nothing really substantial came up )X
CS Wiki info.

Info by IG.

Info by Razorwing.

Make sure you use CS version 1.0.0.303 (v1) to generate the lip files (using the wav files).

@Cambridge Spy, robertneville777
I'll send a PM with a proposal for the rumors.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD