Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Official mounts thread
04-18-2006, 08:53 PM,
F&F: Official mounts thread
so, let us discuss mounts...

[/hr]
for mounts in TES4 there are already horses.... well as you well know, horse don't live well in Morrowind since Dunmer consider it a delicacy and the ashlands are real bad for the horses.... they probably can't handle the native plants and fungi either as they evolved separately... but sure, take your horse anywhere but the ashlands and he'll do alright... that is IF you can find a horse, dunmer eat them
so... likely new mounts are:
Guars :check:
Durzogs
Nix-hounds

now, Durzogs aren't native, but the goblins shipped in by Helseth, some have shipwrecked on the mainland and on Vvardenfell... and logn with them are Durzogs... I understand they'd fit better in an Orsinium / Wrothgarian Mts. mod, but it's an idea...
as for nix-hounds, most Dunmer see them as just wild beasts (like wolves) or sacred (supposedly created by Vivec)... but Ashlanders don't give a damn for Vivec and wouldn't mind taming nix-hounds for hunting and riding and war...
as for Guar, well they are a well known pack-animal and good for riding long distances, like a big strong donkey... not great for battle as they aren't as deadly as Durzog or Nix but the are strong and steady, and most people would ride them in, dismount and fight.... don't wanna get your prized guar killed right?

[/hr]
so anyhow, lets organize Guar mounts... some are wild, some are for herding, but some are made to be ridden... and these will be in various colors etc. but... I was thinking for the fully domesticated kinds... three different kinds of unrideable pack guars that would carry goods, and 3 riding kinds.... and oh yeah, the Rotumbo Guar is a different breed of Guar that is actually more like a relative (other relatives are Alits and Kagouti)
Pack Guar
---(carrying Barrels, carrying Urn, and carrying jars)
Riding Guar
---(striped, regular, Rotumbo)

[/hr]
I expect that Nix-hounds will only be able to be "acquired" at ashlander camps, and they ar too fiesty to carry your stuff, but if you have it trained you can mount it...
as for Durzogs.... well it would be nice to have rideble Durzogs, but as I said before, that doesn't belong AS MUCH as Nixes and Guars

so I guess the real thin gto debate is Durzogs and Nixs as it is understood that Guars are cool and mountable Big Grin
04-18-2006, 09:34 PM,

well, durzogs are in lore as mounts, but for goblins. other then that, here is my practical comment:

we cant make new aimations.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-18-2006, 09:44 PM,

We can't make animations now, but once we get an actual NIF exporter we can though right? You might be able to get away for the nix or durzog though if you took the wolf model in Ob and then just heavily modified the body, so it would look original but would use the same skeleton and animations, or would that not work? I don't think Nix Hounds should be mounts though, I mean, they aren't really big or strong, seems like anything but a Bosmer would crush them... and the jumpy way they move seems like it would make them impossible to hold on to.
04-18-2006, 11:31 PM,

well, ashlanders are the shorter broader Dunmer... plus in TES3 Morrowind their shoulder was where your head was.... like the size of a pony.... they are about the size or sligthly bigger than a Mongolian Steppe pony... and those guys are small & hardy.... the Mongolians conquered the world on those little ponies....
lightly armored Mongol on a little pony defeats heavily armed Gothic knight on a large stallion... go figure Big Grin

and yeah Durzogs are to goblins in Tamriel, as wargs are to goblins in Middle Earth
04-18-2006, 11:46 PM,

My family was knights and nobles or western Eurpoe LOng live the knights
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-18-2006, 11:58 PM,

my line comes from mostly farmers and fishermen... POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
of course Tseng Tzu was the 3rd pupil of Confucious, Sun Yat-sen was a nationalist general... Sun Tzu was an ancient chinese general and wrote Art of War.... they are my ancestors as well....
it seems out of these land-owners, peasants, fishermen, and wood-merchants came a few famous folks.... and then there is me....

I must say though, one reason I have a lo of family members is because my great grandfather had 4 wives... and of course back then in a fishing-farming society, you wanted lots of children.... so I have loads of family in Taiwan

[/hr]

so back to mounts.... anymore thoughts on Nix-hounds?
04-19-2006, 12:15 AM,

4 wives...the lucky dog Cool I come from a long line of German Executioners :brew: :evil:
04-19-2006, 12:07 PM,

If Nix are considered scared by temple, it should be only used by Ashlanders and people who dont care for temple. But if found riding on one, you would prob be charges for erm gross negletion of someones religion ?(

Nix should be ridden as a war thing as you said, it sould be hardy and strong, but you wont see the temple use this, or would you? Since its has somepart affinity with Vivec, they could use it..

Anyway, the Durzogs, we could have random mounted goblins, who attack you. Once you kill them, you can try to tame a Durgoz by a certain way. If yout intelligence is more than a goblins(and lets hope it is!) then it would stop and give service to you, but if your too stupid, it will run away or try to kill you. How about summoning deadric monsters that we make up, and riding them? sounds stupid but if they would work for you for a certain amount of time, you can summon one and ride very quickly.
04-19-2006, 02:09 PM,

if we have the time and people for it, I think it's a good idea!
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
04-19-2006, 02:31 PM,

mount on a clannfear! Big Grin

but you see, Vivec rides a nix-hound... but maybe thatis just for him... but I can definitely see ashlanders riding nix-hounds...

and durzogs.... I was thinking that a goblin somewhere can teach it to you and you could learn how to ride a Durzog, and when you do, you can have the ability to, whereas before you couldn't...