Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs Taken/To Be Done
04-05-2007, 03:31 AM,

Great. If he lets us use the models, we've just saved TONS of time, and if not, well then nothing much has changed, so oh well.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-06-2007, 03:40 AM,

If he lets us use anything, please post a list of the models we're allowed to use, and if insanity pops in, he'll need to modify the jobs list accordingly.

I'll be away for the next 3 days. Hope we get a boost on our model-making!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM,

Are there some good textures for dwemer exteriors yet? Because I feel it better to start modeling with existing textures rather than imagine what will be the result after texturing. There might be decent ones in MW textures packs, however I think that we can afford much better and high res ones today. So if there's still nothing new, I can download free high res textures (I've seen a lot of fantastic rusty metal textures that should suit dwemer architecture) and convert into .dds and _n.dds for us to use.

I just wonder if large texture resolutions are OK for our mod (an example of large texture: 1024x1024 coupled with a 2048x2048 normal map, very common in Qarl texture packs).

My opinion: a fast 256 Mo graphic card (like my 7900gs) can run Qarl texture packs without problems. I think that graphic cards of thart sort are going to become very cheap and common in a near future, so that we can expect the player to have enough graphic power.

What do you think?
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM,

Well i don't think there are any dwemer textures out there, for the exterior, but see if you can ask TheImperialDragon what he used, and if there is anything else that may be suitable. (TheImperialDragon is making the interior tileset, so i don't know if you want to use any of the textures, but there might be more where he got them from)

If you can't find a suitable texture, post a request on the open texture jobs board, and simply use something as a placeholder texture. Many of the things we really need existed in morrowind, so it shouldn't be hard to make the models now using the old ones as a guide, and then recreate the textures later.

I really unfortunately have almost no experience with texturing and modelling, so don't make anything too graphics-intensive, but just do what you think will work.

Prehaps someone such as razorwing could suggest some good polycounts and texture resolutions?

Personally, i have a radeon 9700 SE, which is crap, so i at least want to be able to play through dumac.

I'd say just start modeling, and worry about the textures later (using placeholders) We have some incredible texturing artists, so i'm sure whatever gets made will be amazing.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-09-2007, 12:26 AM,

Sahardoom, from the C.O.R.E.2 mod just gave us permission to use some of his Dwemer models. They have been marked as such on the posting. Anyone who wants to take a model though, PLEASE do so. Don't refrain at all! Even if you think yourself inexperienced, this is a perfect chance to learn, cause some of these are easy and there isn't a deadline.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-12-2007, 02:11 AM,

Anyone available to start modeling the exterior ruin pieces? To start, can somebody model ex_dwrv_ruin00 and ex_dwrv_ruin10?

Attatched is a screenshot of each. If whoever picks this up needs more screenshots, or the actual .nifs, i can provide those.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-13-2007, 02:46 PM,

You guys do know that what I gave you are only test versions, I hope to improve some of those meshes.

I gave you working machine, well it was made of two parts, one of them ( wheel ) has to have simple script to work.

You can see it in THIS video ( computers, holo screens and creatures not included in my first package )
Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?
What Christians once did "for the sake of God" now they do for the sake of money...

God is dead.
Friedrich Nietzsche
04-13-2007, 07:44 PM,

oo really? That rocks. I was wondering a bit about the holo and computer things, cause the lights and cylinders use textures from those.

Are you going to improve the textures also?

Also. If you are going to update these, will you give us more objects? You don't have to by any means, but if you are planning to, please tell us so that we know what we do and don't need to do.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-13-2007, 08:43 PM,

Yes, glass needs new color and texture.
Dwemer lights need to be longer ( pipes and glass part )....

A lot of small work needs to be done.
Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?
What Christians once did "for the sake of God" now they do for the sake of money...

God is dead.
Friedrich Nietzsche
04-18-2007, 02:40 AM,

Howdy

Whats our current situation with regard to Dwemer Stuff ?

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories