Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Just Wont Work /:
08-16-2009, 02:33 PM,
Mod Just Wont Work /:
Alright, I am very familiar with mods and have a number of working mods but this one is being a pain in the A$$! This is what I have done this far to get it to work:

-Redownloaded the file, and replaced all the files I'd already copied
-Renamed the ESM and ESP files
-Tried Oblivion Mod Manager to no avail
-Unchecked all my other mods and started a new game

Heres what I've tried to see if maybe it was just a sign issue:

-Tried to find the signs, traveled in a circle for a minute til i found a video on youtube and unfortunately they arent where they are supposed to be
-Physically tried to find the cave thanks to google found some pretty
good directions
-Last resort I found a "COC" command on google, I believe it was SoluthisCenter but I know I tried a few and neither worked, I just stayed where I was.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it, I just had to sell my 360 and TV so now all I've got is oblivion, and I'd love to relive morrowind.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot too! I couldnt find the tech support thread Tongue
Music Producer Extraordinaire!

Specialize in House/Trance, Hip Hop and sometimes even a little bit of rock.

www.sickproductions.com (coming soon)
08-16-2009, 03:11 PM,

the 2.5 version of silgrad is no longer supported.

PS; is this your first time with mods? you should prehaps start out with smaller ones.
08-16-2009, 03:16 PM,

No as I stated I am familiar with mods, I've played the elder scrolls series for quite some time and have been playing with mods ever since Morrowind.

So what am I to do? Just sit here with a broken mod? Isn't there anyone who will help me?

08-16-2009, 03:24 PM,
RE: Mod Just Wont Work /:
Hello mr_sick and Welcome to Silgrad Tower!

I have the feeling you are trying to use our 2.5 release. I am afraid we no longer support that version as so much has change in the 3.0 we are now working on.

For a list of current releases check this link.

The should be our Forgotten Garden realease and the TES3 final release.

A note about the Forgotten Garden for TES4. Please check this link for information. We had some issues with fps.

We had issues with the Forgotten Garden and fps. It was quite laggy even with a good system running it and that is why we released it as a beta version. Since that release we have fixed a number of issues related to the fps problem but we have yet to release another version of the Forgotten Garden.

Again the 2.5 version of Silgrad Tower is not supported and we are well ahead on the 3.0 version. Sorry for your inconvienence.

Zurke
08-16-2009, 03:32 PM,
RE: Mod Just Wont Work /:
Hey Zurke,

Thanks for the link! Downloading now, I'll let you know what becomes of it asap!

-James

08-16-2009, 05:08 PM,

Hey Guys,

So I upgraded to the Forgotten Gardens and still nothing, no journal entry, no signs outside the east gate, nothing. /:

Any suggestions?

08-16-2009, 10:19 PM,

Forgotten garden is a whole different thing not a upgrade.
08-17-2009, 02:38 AM,

Oh well it was Silgrad Tower.esm and everything figured that was an "expansion" if you will, can someone provide me a direct link to the most recent silgrad tower, as well as the forgotten gardens? I seem to be doing everything wrong.

-Thanks

EDIT: Also, I've recently tried to install the Elsweyr expansion, and it seems that any mod that adds landmasses doesnt work with me. Simple mods do, like i installed The Lost Spires mod and that works fine, but landmass mods don't work /; Really limits my playability.

08-17-2009, 03:36 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Liberty Prime
Forgotten garden is a whole different thing not a upgrade.
That's not quite true. The Forgotten Garden is a part of the Silgrad Tower mod - but it was released separately as a teaser so people would have something to do and also be able to preview what the next version of Silgrad Tower would be like. It will be included in the next Silgrad Tower release.

Quote:Originally posted by mr_sick
Oh well it was Silgrad Tower.esm and everything figured that was an "expansion" if you will
It's not an expansion. The Silgrad_Tower.esm should not be loaded along with the Silgrad_Tower_T.esm. The only files you should need are Oblivion.esm, Silgrad_Tower_T.esm, and Silgrad_Tower_T.esp.

Quote:Originally posted by mr_sick
if you will, can someone provide me a direct link to the most recent silgrad tower, as well as the forgotten gardens? I seem to be doing everything wrong.
The Silgrad Tower release 2.5 is really old (and we no longer support it), but it is the most recent alpha release of the whole mod. We stopped doing those releases because we felt that the under-construction state of the mod gave really negative impressions to players about what it is we're trying to do here. Our next version, 3.0, will contain a lot more content, and will be of overall higher quality. You can read more in this thread.

Other than that, there's just the Forgotten Garden.

--

I don't know what's happening with your install, but it sounds like you've already tried loading just Oblivion.esm, Silgrad_Tower_T.esm, and Silgrad_Tower_T.esp, which is what I would have suggested. Right atm, I can't think of anything else that would be worth trying, but I'm sure there will be more suggestions posted here.

I don't know if it could be related, but are you running Shivering Isles? If not, have you downloaded and applied the Oblivion patch from the Elder Scrolls website?
08-17-2009, 05:04 PM,

Alright I am going to "reinstall" everything, after I patch it. I forgot to update I figured since I have a recent copy from the store that it would already be updated, I'm so naive haha. I'll post an update as soon as I know. I really appreciate all the help guys, both mods look really promising and I'd love to relive morrowind.

:goodjob:

EDIT: X(

Unfortunately this isn't working either after the patch and reinstall. No landmass mods work, all my weapons, equipment etc... work even towns, but it seems anything being modded with new textures doesnt work. I am sure I've installed it right, I've installed tons of mods before.

Is anyone here using Windows 7? I am thinking that this might be the culprit, also my dvd drive broke so I am running an ISO with Power ISO, not sure if thats the problem, if it is I do have the original disk and an external DVD drive I could try, but I've used mods before running the iso, so it shouldn't be affecting anything. /: I just want this to work, I loved morrowind I would just go replay that but the combat system is horrid. Wink

Any help is appreciated!