Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quest rpc18
04-16-2006, 10:36 PM,
Quest rpc18
Hi raggidman,

Quote:Siegfried & sandor if you want to develop history and storyline connected with this quality crafting store, not to mention adding some books, please post a thread in Lit dev with any ideas you have, add interior screenies including NPCs and an exterior screenie too.

I resolved most problems (Oblivion is quite different to Morrowind) in creating the NPC's, including eat, sleep and wander packages. Pathgrid is also finished. Also added conversation (text only).
This week the interior will be fiinished for review.

The owner is Nirtunus Relucian.
In the same house lives a servant (in the basement) named Baro Carbo, he doesn't like his boss.

I was thinking of the following. His wife is missing (he thinks there is another man involved or even she has been kidnapped, because he is very rich).

But I'll leave up to you and the others.

Siegfried is busy with his claim I'll pm him if he has any suggestions.

I'll post the screenshots later this week.

Greetings
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-17-2006, 11:43 AM,
RE: Quest rpc18
ty for this post. when the screenshot/s come in I may be able to start the brainbox ticking. It really works best with the max possible info. If you include that then any possible quests almost write themselves.

Also: the more of these that are posted in, the better idea we all have of which NPCs have the best potential for which quests, so keep em coming! :goodjob:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
04-21-2006, 06:42 PM,
As promised the screenshots.

Screenshot1.

Nirtunus Rulician, he's the owner of the Elite Gear store and lives in a upperclass house (CheydinhalHouseUpper01). He's s a very wealthy man.
I added 1 topic "owner". You have to raise his disposition to get a answer.

Screenshot2.
Dining area, in the left corner you see the entrance to the basement. There is also his desk, Nirtunus collects rare items, like expensive weapons.

Screenshot3.
His study (upstairs).

Screenshot4.
Nirtunus sleeping (first floor).

Screenshot5.
Baro Carbo (eating) the servant of the house.
He doesn't like his bossand lives in the basement (also storage).

As I said before perhaps his wife is missing or obducted.
But any other storyline is ok for me.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-21-2006, 07:56 PM,
firtle ground indeed. there's things abrewin no doubt.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

04-24-2006, 12:44 PM,
I added a lot of clutter. A few screenshots from another angle.

Screenshot1.
Looking from the stairs into hall (with Baro Carbo).

Screenshot2.
Dining area.

Screenshot3.
His (Nirtunus) study (upstairs).

Screenshot4.
Basement

Screenshot5.
Basement

This is the final update.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-24-2006, 06:09 PM,
The thing which hits me about this is the gloomy basement. And so the attitude of the servant to his master is not surprising.

But that attitude might get the servant into trouble if things go wrong as it makes him seem suspicious. Naybe he will get the blame fo rthe deeds of others?
Steven Erikson.

04-25-2006, 08:49 AM,
In game it's not as gloomy as it seems in the screenshots.

Quote:And so the attitude of the servant to his master is not surprising.

But that attitude might get the servant into trouble if things go wrong as it makes him seem suspicious. Naybe he will get the blame fo rthe deeds of others?

I like the idea raggidman.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-02-2006, 11:25 PM,
So the questions would be:

what would go wrong?

what other circumstances would lay the lame at his door?

who would do the blaming?

who would do the punishing?

and then where does the playeer come in on it:

before, during or after?

The only things you have mentioned so far are mention of the gear store and the missing or abducted wife:

so maybe the servant is blamed or under suspicion of involvement?

does the servant, the husband or the law involve the player? and why do they want to?

--------
Aaaaargh, at the moment this is too much like colouring by numbers :eek: maybe that is enough for me to suggest you consider at this stage.

When you have decided how to model the wife - who she is, where she is, and what has happened to her, then this can go further. For more inspiration I think that the wife has to be seen - or her corpse...

run off - with lover; because beaten by husband; bored; went to see mother; gone shopping in another town, and the note got eaten by a rat?

kidnapped - by whome, why - political, racial, religious, sexual, ransom, commercial competition.

Lots of obvious ones - try to think of or choose something you feel has feel.

is she dead, alive, injured - accident or design? etc...

WHAT race is she??? Could be a very important question. Does she have a profession of her own??? Is she rich in her own right, or heiress to riches???

Depends whether you want to access lore to any serious extent, link up with MQ background, etc...

If you want more, then model her and post her here with your feelings of where you want this to go
Steven Erikson.

05-02-2006, 11:35 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Aaaaargh, at the moment this is too much like colouring by numbers maybe that is enough for me to suggest you consider at this stage.When you have decided how to model the wife - who she is, where she is, and what has happened to her, then this can go further. For more inspiration I think that the wife has to be seen - or her corpse...

I will create the wife and post it asap.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM,
Fear not, I am a compulsive contributor!
Steven Erikson.