Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions related to the Technical Info conc. interiors and scripts.
05-03-2006, 03:34 PM,
Questions related to the Technical Info conc. interiors and scripts.
In this thread you can post questions related to the Technical Info for interiors concerning Ald Nium, Ebbedin, Reich Parkeep, Silgrad City, Steadhelm and for questions related to the scripting and quests thread.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM,

Heres my Question from the thread:

I have a question reguarding AI packages. I am creating a package so that my NPC (Seli) will sleep in his house.

I checked a similar sleep package and in it a dev had specified the location and a reference (ref) which was the bed. How ever when I tried to do that with a new package for my NPC I could specify the place but the Ref. drop down box was very short and the bed item was not in the list.

What do I have to do to make the bed apear in that list?

For now I have just specified that he sleep in RPC10 and as there is only one bed there should not be problem I think.

Just wondering if I was missing something?
Attched it a screen of the package by the Dev.
05-03-2006, 05:36 PM,

About your problem.

Your pathgrid is wrong. Don't place normal (red) tetrahedrons on (middle of) stairs. Look at the screenshot (fixed).

If you want to use "Near reference".

You can use a X-marker. Look at the screenshot. Place it near the bed.
Please find the file ending at "XM" attached. After fixing the pathgrid he slept like .....

If you want to select the bed. Look at the screenshot. Please find attached the file ending at "bed".
You have to select Persistent reference.

In both the files, he goes to his bed, as he should.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-03-2006, 05:42 PM,

Cheers, now i understand. Fixed and fixed.

Edit: Razorwing, you should Sticky this along with the questions thread concerning this one.
05-05-2006, 08:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dagothen
Cheers, now I understand. Fixed and fixed.

Edit: Razorwing, you should Sticky this along with the questions thread concerning this one.

That's a good idea :goodjob:

I also started a separate discussion board because I thought it was getting a bit jumbled over on the claims board and hard to find threads.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-14-2006, 11:06 AM,

In a later stage, I'll add a topic about quest making (when we are able to link to the Reich Parkeep exterior).

Do you want me to add (explain) other topics ?

Please let me know.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-26-2006, 01:28 PM,

Quote:when we are able to link to the Reich Parkeep exterior
I have a question, tho the quote may have answered it. I cannot see the exterior house teleport door, ie, I cannot get into the house. I can start a game inside that lets me teleport to outside the house, but I can't get in. I've made teleport doors before, and I'm fairly sure every thing is set up right - it works flawlessly in the CS.

I must have tried like dozens of configs last night with no joy (load CS wait for ESM's to load, exit that, go into game, wait for game to load, no joy, repeats ad nauseum.

I've given the doors ownership, persistent reference, visible from distance etc, but that fecking external door remains ever out of reach. Should I upload the mod and let you folks have a gander at it, it might be really obvious...

Thanks for any help.

Franc Kaos
Do what thou Will shall be the whole of the law
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM,

Post your file. I'll check it out.

TIA.

EDIT

Did you place a door in front of the exterior (alligned with the exterior), to create the link ?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-26-2006, 09:04 PM,

It's house No 3 on the map, and please bear in mind I've only just come across your excellent tutorial, so it still needs work... now.

If you put 'STkaoshouse05' in the starting cell thing in Oblivion.ini it will take you right there.

As for the external door, I put it snugly against the house door image.

Can't upload it to this site, too big (1.5MBs w voice files), but you can grab it here. Thanks for your help.
Do what thou Will shall be the whole of the law
06-26-2006, 11:03 PM,

Double click on the entrance door (interior). Remove the link.

Go to the exterior of your house.

Remove the door (it's behind the exterior door, CheydinhalDoor03, it won't work).

Add a "CheydinhalDoor02" just in front of the exterior door !

Add the the link (to the interior STkaoshouse05) and it will work fine !

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD