Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quests? Adventure? *WARNING* lots of Screenshots!!
04-11-2006, 05:45 AM,
Quests? Adventure? *WARNING* lots of Screenshots!!
Hey all!

I'm working on one of the claims for Reich Parkeep and noticed Raggidman's few posts looking for screenshots for quest/lore possibilities. I'm in charge of the home and shop of an Imperial man name Vaniken R'i. I finished his home, but still have his provision shop to make. His main hobby, along with his family's, is wine-making. His cellar has been transformed into a makeshift winery, but his family's land and vineyard has undergone "troubles". Which leads to why I'm posting here....a collaboration of quest ideas and possibilities. I made quite a few screenshots of his house to post to give some background:

First is the entryway, nothing special
[Image: entryway.jpg]

Next, up one flight of stairs are the dining and food preparation areas
[Image: dining_area.jpg]

...this one taken from the loft/bedroom
[Image: loft.jpg]

Here is the bedroom itself...and Vaniken snoozing
[Image: bedroom.jpg]

...and his journal, which is currently empty awaiting quest hints/info
[Image: journal.jpg]

Now into the Wine cellar
[Image: wine_cellar.jpg]

...and his wine making gear
[Image: wine_gear.jpg]

...and finally, the family recipe
[Image: wine_recipe.jpg]

This is what the scroll says:

R'i Family Wine

Ingredients:

25 buckets R'i Family Red Grapes
17 Primrose Leaves
26 Nightshade Petals

Crush and strain grapes making sure that all stems and skins have been removed. Seal juice in a fermenting keg. One week into fermentation, crush Primrose and Nightshade using a mortar and pestle, but remember to keep them seperate from one another. Mixing the Primrose and Nightshade prematurely will cause the herbs to spoil.

Allow the freshly crushed herbs to dry in the open air for one day, then add the crushed Nightshade to the fermenting juice. Let the mixture rest for another 12 hours before adding the Primrose Leaves. Not only does the Primrose need more time in the open air, but adding it to the wine now would destroy the batch, making it very bitter.

Once the Primrose Leaves have been added, allow the wine to ferment for another 10 days. At that time, if you've followed the instructions carefully, you should have a delicious keg of R'i Family Wine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figure anything from goblins raiding the vineyard, to family feuds, to daedra attacks. Not sure where the vineyard would even be. I'm leaving all open for brainstorming. Hope this opens up some creative posting and possibly a nice quest line.... Big Grin
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
04-11-2006, 07:01 AM,
RE: Quests? Adventure? *WARNING* lots of Screenshots!!
I really like your way of doing this; it really gives me a feel for this person. Can it become standard to post screenies to go along with specific location items like Journals and notes?
04-11-2006, 03:59 PM,

Maybe there is a quest where someone wants to steal his wine recipe, and you either try to steal it or protect it.

EDIT: We should work together, I'm making the tavern, and you're making the home of a winemaker, we could make a good questline.
04-11-2006, 04:25 PM,

Nice work shunoshi :goodjob:

After the landmass has been generated, maybe we could find a good spot somewhere near the town where you could mod the vineyard?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-11-2006, 05:11 PM,

Sounds good! I would like to tackle something small like that for my first jump into landscape building. Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by X23
Maybe there is a quest where someone wants to steal his wine recipe, and you either try to steal it or protect it.

EDIT: We should work together, I'm making the tavern, and you're making the home of a winemaker, we could make a good questline.

We could easily make something that ties between the two. Especially if the tavern uses Vaniken as it's wine supplier.
04-11-2006, 05:20 PM,

I was thinking, that Vanikens wine is expensive because its really good, so the tavern owner attempts to steal his recipe, and do all sorts of things to annoy Vaniken. Another thing he could do was pay out Bandits to attack Vanikens Vinyards.

The pc could ally with the tavernowner, or Vaniken. If you allied with the tavern owner the town would like you less, but if you allied with Vaniken they would like you more. I'm not good at quests, or npcs, so you would have to help me with that.
04-11-2006, 05:44 PM,

I like what I'm hearing. We can start the questline with simple innocent tasks, such as infomation/misinformation gathering/planting. And move on to more devious plots as you progress. Ending up with the possibility of one of them getting arrested, killed, put out of business....lots of options :idea2:
04-11-2006, 06:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by shunoshi
I like what I'm hearing. We can start the questline with simple innocent tasks, such as infomation/misinformation gathering/planting. And move on to more devious plots as you progress. Ending up with the possibility of one of them getting arrested, killed, put out of business....lots of options :idea2:

Yeah, the tavern owner lies to you says Vaniken is overcharging for the wine (If you talk to the tavern owner first) And sends you to do basically harmless tasks like spying on him, and when he trusts you he tells you the truth of what he wants to do. Than you can either keep helping him, go to vaniken and get revenge, or tell the guards. If you don't tell the guards it'll probably go to something unlawful. If it does, at the end of the questline if you ally with one of the two, it'll end in a huge fistfight, where you're not allowed to use a weapon.

I want this quest to give you alot of choices so this might be hard for the person who will implement this quest.
04-11-2006, 09:30 PM,

?( hic, scuuse meee, but someone locked me in the wine cellars overnight, and I think the fumes must have got to me... :wasted: :] :worship: people who have wine cellars...hic
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
04-12-2006, 10:46 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by X23
I was thinking, that Vanikens wine is expensive because its really good, so the tavern owner attempts to steal his recipe, and do all sorts of things to annoy Vaniken. Another thing he could do was pay out Bandits to attack Vanikens Vinyards.

The pc could ally with the tavernowner, or Vaniken. If you allied with the tavern owner the town would like you less, but if you allied with Vaniken they would like you more. I'm not good at quests, or npcs, so you would have to help me with that.

No because every one likes the tavern owner so if you ally with the tavern owner the town likes you but you get paid less and if you allie wiith the rich wine maker than the town likes you less for arresting/killing/beating up the tavern owner but you get paid more
:elk:
:worship: :worship: