Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome!
03-13-2006, 06:04 PM,
Welcome!
Welcome aboard! I was hoping to see Elswyr come to life! Oh.. hehe.. I'm Galrina, one of the project leaders of Skyrim. I look forward to working with you and watching your part of our world grow along with the rest of us.

:banana:
aka Lacey or Mrs. Danath_in. hehe
03-13-2006, 08:12 PM,

Elswyr!

I have always wanted to visit this land, and am quite excited about it. I might try my hand at creating a few quests. They seem to be pretty well-liked in the Silgrad Tower section...

I really hope that I can help out.
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM,

Thanks for your support, It should be a fun mod filled with political intrigue... and drugs!
03-13-2006, 08:28 PM,

Yes, Elsweyr is full of a lot of history and lore that was written but never exploited. I view the bottom half sort of like the Nile Delta, and the top half sort of like Abydos (Stargate), with small ragged tribal villages of nomads similar to ashlanders, except they're full of cats, not humans or elves. Of course on both sides there are exceptions, like the Sphinxmoth Legion Fort in Dune, and of course Rimmen.

I'll let the site fully explain everything though - I'm working on that presently.
03-13-2006, 08:50 PM,

will the different kinds of Khajit be present? ...suthay-raht, cathay raht, etc.?
03-13-2006, 09:11 PM,

That's the plan. Most likely most of them won't be playable since the body shape varies too much for oblivions clothing paper dolling. However I could see the breeds closer to ohmes could be made playable.

Of course it all depends on what is available in the exporter, Even more for our mod than most others since clothing, buildings, creatures, and races all need to be made. If we progress slowly to the south it shouldn't be that much of a problem since towns further north shouldn't require as many new meshes for khajiit and buildings as we will need father south and away from imperial influence.
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM,

Now we just need someone to do Daggerfall, Summerset, and Valenwood and we'll have a piece of every province in Tamriel! I'm Really interested to see what you mod ends up looking like.
03-13-2006, 10:15 PM,

I'm really loving all the new projects here and am excited to see the results. I am a little worried though that we're splitting resources with each new province or area.
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM,

I don't see it as splitting resources. Rather having a nitch for everyone to work where they want. There are alot of people out there and in general the ones that would get excited about contributing to an elsweyr mod probably wouldn't even consider working on skyrim or morrowind.
03-13-2006, 10:35 PM,

I agree with Smight here. On the other hand after doing 25 Hlaalu buildings I'd be more than happy to create a little Nord interior or do some re-texture work for plants needed in Elsweyr.

For someone who's for more than three years with the Silgrad Tower project I'm stunned and amazed to see what is happening here and I hope that all of the projects bloom to their fullest fruition.

Collaboration is one of the means to achieve that goal.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.