Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Craftsman's Guild (Julra Tong) [open for further discussion]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quest #1 is claimed by Sniper4 the other quests are open for discussion.

05/06/11

blue[/HR]
Here we will discuss a questline for the Craftsman's Guild, we need several quests relating to such a guild

General Overview of a Craftsman

Artisans (craftsman) usually organised into guilds.
Guilds were associations of master artisans that were granted charters by the local sovereign authority.
The guilds controlled all aspects of production and distribution to ensure quality and to prevent competition from outside markets.
Along with merchants, artisans occupied the middle tier of social hierarchy, below the landowning aristocrats and above the agricultural workers.

To become an artisan in the guilds, a person worked under a master artisan as an unpaid apprentice at a young age.
If the apprentice completed the training, the apprentice became a paid journeyman.
For a journeyman to become a master artisan, he would have to produce a masterpiece that met the standards of the guild.

Some Issues we are currently discussing internally

The possibility of having a rank structure

Weather the Guild will be specific to a craft or be general and encompass many crafts

Please post your ideas

More to come......

Enjoy
Bob
@bob196005
I sent a proposal for the ranks.

The first quest (proposal, brief concept).

Description.

The player has to complete this quest after which he will be accepted as a member of the Craftsmen Guild (lowest rank).

The quest giver: The master of the guild.
He asks the player to find two special pieces of glass which he needs to complete some very expensive jewelry.

The player has to travel to the Silgrad glassmines to find these items.

The advantage: The player could play the quest related to the glassmines, as well.
The way it's set up now, you can't get into the glassmines at all until you've done the quest. As such, prehaps this could be a sidequest, so that doing the glassmine quest is not required for advancement?

Or the glassmines could be reworked a bit. The special glass pieces would have to be added in anyway

Sounds like a good quest idea, and on second thoughts, maybe you do not mean that you would have to mine the glass, but you could bargain it from the miners? That way you wouldn't have to do the mine quest, but it would be easier to persuade the miners if you had completed the quest
The Craftsmans guild will encompass various crafts

I would like to propose

Jeweler
Metal Working (Blacksmith)
Tailoring
Carpentry
Pottery

Rank Structure Proposals

-Apprentice
-Craftsman
-Journeyer
-Master
-Grandmaster

or

Apprentice
Journeyman
Craft Brother
Craftsman
Master Craftsman- (proposal, title for the master of a particular craft)**

**I would also propose we have one more rank for someone who has mastered all of the trades

I like the idea for the first quest proposed by Sandor, I think it would work well with any of the crafts we choose, basically an errand quest which could apply across the board
Based on the above proposal for the guild my suggestions are this:

1 guild
5 crafts

1 (Rank named to be determined)
5 Master Craftsmen (1 for each of the proposed crafts)

a few npcs of various guild ranks who may provide information for the player within the guild**

** I think this would also be a good quest for the player to seek out specific npc's who may be craftsman but no longer active in the guild who may provide training for the player.
Ans several non-essential npc's which when encountered may indicate they belong to a craftmans guild

Number of Quests

Proposal

Rank Apprentice
3 quests which are general and would not be specific to a particular craft

Rank Journeyman
3 quests which are specific to the players chosen craft

Rank Craft Brother
3 quests which are specific to the players chosen craft + add difficulty

Craftsman
2 quests which are specific to the players chosen craft + add more difficulty and
1 quest to create masterpiece once all requirements are met to reach Master Craftsman

Master Craftsman ?

If we add the next rank as proposed, the player should be required to complete the specific quests starting at rank journeyman and create a masterpiece

Rank requirements (proposed)

Agility and Intelligence

any others we might like to have?

What about skills, most skills are based on magic, combat and stealth what can we do for the crafts?

More to come

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Sounds like a good quest idea, and on second thoughts, maybe you do not mean that you would have to mine the glass, but you could bargain it from the miners? That way you wouldn't have to do the mine quest, but it would be easier to persuade the miners if you had completed the quest
I think that's a good solution.

blue[/HR]
@bob196045

I would like to add: Winemaker.

Ranks.
I like your proposal, as well.
We also need a title for overall "chief" of the Guild.
Perhaps the Grandmaster.

For the rank of apprentice.
I assume after completing one of the quests the player will be admitted to the guild. We could have more than one quest giver (3) for the lower ranks.

Rank requirements (proposed).
I would like to add Mercantile (they have to sell their produce).
The only problem with mercantile is that it levels way too slowly. Every character level rebalancer (such as Kobu's for example, or whatever is in OOO) makes mercantile go up more quickly. Even though other skills level more slowly with these systems, mercantile was deemed much too sluggish, and is always set to like 2x advancement speed.

My point being that mercantile makes a lot of sense as a skill, but Bethesda screwed up the level rates so that it'll take forever to get anywhere
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
The only problem with mercantile is that it levels way too slowly. Every character level rebalancer (such as Kobu's for example, or whatever is in OOO) makes mercantile go up more quickly. Even though other skills level more slowly with these systems, mercantile was deemed much too sluggish, and is always set to like 2x advancement speed.

My point being that mercantile makes a lot of sense as a skill, but Bethesda screwed up the level rates so that it'll take forever to get anywhere
Good point.
Missed this I did. Big Grin Sounds like an interesting idea! Is this a Dunmer faction or an Imperial faction?
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Missed this I did. Big Grin Sounds like an interesting idea! Is this a Dunmer faction or an Imperial faction?
I would say Dunmer, as the main branch of the guild is located in Soluthis.
Maybe a Dunmeri name then? I'll wait for bob though, it was his idea so he should have the say.

How many quests is this going to be?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7