Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tel Uvirith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hello y'all, I'm Jon and I've been (foolishly?) entrusted with building Tel Uvirith from my Telvanni models. This thread will hopefully be where I'm posting updates on the progress. So far I've built almost all of the exterior pieces I'm going to, and am ironing out problems with my tall interior tileset.

TESIV: Vvardenfell's Uvirith is going to be a little different from MW's version - changes based on how I think the tower might have grown in the years since the Nerevarine, plus some ideas from grumblepunk's excellent Uvirith Unleashed.

Here's your first taste of what Tel Uvirith looks like so far - this is just an hour's work on Lightwave's awesome heightmap. I think this is in the right place, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them!

Enjoy!

Sneak preview (click me)

-JonS
Looks very nice indeed, Jon. :goodjob: Can't wait to see it done.

However it may be wise to hear KuKulzA's input on this, since he has a good knowlege of lore etc. He may have had plans for it, but I don't know. Confusedhrug:
I'll hold off doing anything drastic til I get the go-ahead then. I'll just carry on modelling roots and things Smile

-JonS
You rock Jon, that looks fantastic!! Don't worry, KuKulza's gonna love this. :goodjob:
Couple more screens with a new root model, couple of adjustments.

another
and another

-JonS
Yep, looks very nice. :yes: The only thing I personally feel could be tweaked a bit more, is the shape of the main tower. It seems (from which way I see things) to be too cylindrical looking. Perhaps shape it and twist it a bit to make a more rugged look. Confusedhrug:
Hmm Dave I take your point mate. To keep in style with MW I'd change it, one concern is that I built it less exaggerated for a reason - call me sad but I did a little research before starting the models, looked at plants and mushrooms in the woods and stuff like that. The stems on those things are often as uncomplicated as possible, just straight up to get maximum height. My plant biology's pretty poor, but also the thinner tower allowed for a more "top-heavy" look overall, which I kinda liked.

Anyone else? I love hearing stuff like this.

-JonS
Well you're the designer, you are in control. :yes: I mean, it doesn't look bad or anything, it's just that for me, I feel that Vvardenfell/Morrowind is a very unique place with some very unusual architectures. I think that as far as realism goes, to some respect, it should cause little concern because of the strange designs and the fantasy theme of the game anyway. Although realism should play some part, making your own unique designs to fit the original themes may also be an idea to take into consideration. Smile

Doing a bit of research isn't sad at all, it's a very good idea IMO.
I'm sorta with Dave on this one. Not so much that the tower as a whole should be thicker, but that the parts that are thicker should be more bulbous. It fits a little better with the MW look, it's not totally unknown in nature (like supersized oak galls), and as much as it looks unnatural, we are talking about Telvanni here. Smile

Later,
Steve
* JonSatriani scurries to Blender away from the rolled up newspaper

Tongue

-JonS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9