Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
An update of my 'to do' list, the bigger priorities more towards the top:

1. Continue making amendments to the archive.
  2. Landscape the Murkwood and Vudai Marsh regions ready for generation.
  3. Polish off more settlements with complete NPCs and AI (and shop signs from Xae).
  4. Get some dungeons done and aim to complete all beta region interiors.
  5. Many containers now have default contents so my main games-balancing task is to give properties to flora.
  6. Work on getting the Paatru and Sarpa into the game (with help, of course).
  7. Assist with quest development and writing.
  8. Hopefully get a new, decent PC so I can create a new trailer featuring the new regions, creatures, items, interiors and so on...
    [/list=1]
Any help about the trailer needed?
You know, I just realised... once we get the region gen done for Murkwood and Vudai, we've only got the rest of the jungle and the east coast left to do (and they're both going to be just variants of presets we've already made)...

Tbh, I think the Foggy Bog region could be merged into Vudai or Murkwood, and the Wamasus Hills become a named sub-region of Arnesia...
Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt

Yes, please. I'll have to give some specific instructions however this time as it will be like a 'beta version launch' video. I'd like to be able to do it myself tbh but given my PC issues, I'll probably struggle. Nevertheless, if you'd be okay getting particular bits of footage for me then then either you or I can do the editing and we can both youtube it. However, it will mean having to upload video clips which may be quite a large filesize. I will need fairly high quality footage if your PC and software can handle that. Of course, high quality often makes the filesize unfortunately large.

I'd like to take a bit of time over it and put it together along with some hints on the MQ storyline but I'll need to suggest specific things to take footage of. This can be bits of architecture from the standard worldspace but it may also mean bringing in some creatures and other bits and pieces purely for the purposes of getting the footage. In which case, I can pass on esps or something all set up and ready.

It might even be worth my while storyboarding a sequence and then requesting footage of, say, Stormhold at 6am moving from the vinyard to the bridge and panning up to the Cathedral...that sort of thing.

If I can find some time to do that then you can offer your own ideas and we can decide how to edit it from there. What editing software do you have btw?

Also, if that sounds more than you can manage or have time for then no problem. I need some space to get this together myself.

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
You know, I just realised... once we get the region gen done for Murkwood and Vudai, we've only got the rest of the jungle and the east coast left to do (and they're both going to be just variants of presets we've already made)...

Tbh, I think the Foggy Bog region could be merged into Vudai or Murkwood, and the Wamasus Hills become a named sub-region of Arnesia...

The jungle will sort of be a variant but there's plenty of new stuff that will make it quite substantially different. I already have ideas for Foggy Bog too. Nevertheless, the region generation itself of the whole worldspace is certainly approaching as I grow accustomed to the whole task and pick up all the necessary environmental stuff. Sandor cannot generate until ST v3.0 is done (probably mid-October) but I should be ready for him when that time comes and we'll probably generate Murkwood and Vudai in quick succession....maybe even the Arnesian Jungle too.
Great. Perhaps, when you next have an opportunity, you might like to set up an Arnesian jungle wip thread in the regions folder to showcase these new things you have planned.... Big Grin
@IG

I updated the moderators. :check:
Thanks sandor!

@ Deeza - Welcome to the Hallowed Halls of BM moderators. You will receive your felt robe with golden emblem in the post along with instructions on how to perform the secret handshake! Wink

Yes, I'll start working on the Arnesian jungle eventually and get that sorted. We already have plenty of the trees and flora items I'm planning to use in the archive.
Thanks sandor! And thanks Ibsen, too. I will make a start at sorting out the lore forum once I get my main computer back...
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt

Yes, please. I'll have to give some specific instructions however this time as it will be like a 'beta version launch' video. I'd like to be able to do it myself tbh but given my PC issues, I'll probably struggle. Nevertheless, if you'd be okay getting particular bits of footage for me then then either you or I can do the editing and we can both youtube it. However, it will mean having to upload video clips which may be quite a large filesize. I will need fairly high quality footage if your PC and software can handle that. Of course, high quality often makes the filesize unfortunately large.

I'd like to take a bit of time over it and put it together along with some hints on the MQ storyline but I'll need to suggest specific things to take footage of. This can be bits of architecture from the standard worldspace but it may also mean bringing in some creatures and other bits and pieces purely for the purposes of getting the footage. In which case, I can pass on esps or something all set up and ready.

It might even be worth my while storyboarding a sequence and then requesting footage of, say, Stormhold at 6am moving from the vinyard to the bridge and panning up to the Cathedral...that sort of thing.

If I can find some time to do that then you can offer your own ideas and we can decide how to edit it from there. What editing software do you have btw?

Also, if that sounds more than you can manage or have time for then no problem. I need some space to get this together myself.

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza

The jungle will sort of be a variant but there's plenty of new stuff that will make it quite substantially different. I already have ideas for Foggy Bog too. Nevertheless, the region generation itself of the whole worldspace is certainly approaching as I grow accustomed to the whole task and pick up all the necessary environmental stuff. Sandor cannot generate until ST v3.0 is done (probably mid-October) but I should be ready for him when that time comes and we'll probably generate Murkwood and Vudai in quick succession....maybe even the Arnesian Jungle too.

Well, I have just started learning Adobe After Effects, which is usual in this case.. And I think it would be great to have a 3d animated logo (As I've heard it's not very hard to do)
Oooh, yes. After Effects is superb for logos and text! I have access to Final Cut Pro on the iMacs at work so other advanced options are open to me there as well...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16