Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Cheers, IS. That seemed to work. I've gone back to this tutorial: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...m_Tutorial but the dialogue bit still makes no sense to me at all. It tells me to add text (but without voices and just asks me to unpack them...but how do I add them...?) and conditions (but I can't I just add generic text?) And although I can create new conditions, it doesn't seem to allow me to edit it....? This tutorial does not seem very helpful at all, basically.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Cheers, IS. That seemed to work. I've gone back to this tutorial: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...m_Tutorial but the dialogue bit still makes no sense to me at all. It tells me to add text (but without voices and just asks me to unpack them...but how do I add them...?) and conditions (but I can't I just add generic text?) And although I can create new conditions, it doesn't seem to allow me to edit it....? This tutorial does not seem very helpful at all, basically.

I quickly looked over it and it mentions unpacking the vanilla voices if you want to add voiced dialogue but don't have an custom stuff. You can easily get by with just text dialogue for the time being though.

You can use generic text for most of the NPCs dialogue but when it comes to the speech about renting a room it needs to be custom so you can correctly set variables ect. Not sure what the exact issue is with your conditions, but there is not a great deal you can do with them.
I guess so. It's just annoying thinking I'll have to do more voices...

The conditions seem to have precise data that I need to input in the tutorial. It's this bit:

"Then add conditions; First add one with:

Target: No
Fuction Name:GetInCell
Function Info: (YourInnCell)
Comp:==
Value:1
AND"

I don't know how to adjust the categories such as 'target', 'function name' and so on. It doesn't seem to let me alter them, just add a basic new one...?
Could you attach the esp?

Which NPC?

I'll check it and let you know how to proceed.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
The conditions seem to have precise data that I need to input in the tutorial. It's this bit:

"Then add conditions; First add one with:

Target: No
Fuction Name:GetInCell
Function Info: (YourInnCell)
Comp:==
Value:1
AND"

I don't know how to adjust the categories such as 'target', 'function name' and so on. It doesn't seem to let me alter them, just add a basic new one...?

Let me see if I can assist you. Those conditions are formatted the way they should be typed out if they were being put into a script. I sometimes think that scripting would have less debugging if scripts were created using something similar to this (wouldn't be as fast though).

Target = who the condition is going to be tested on. No means the speaker. Yes means the listner.
Function Name = your basic condition. What you want to test.
Function Info = what you want to test.
Comp = how you want the item to be tested against a number or global variable.
Value = either a number you can type in as a comparison or you can compare against a global variable.

In the case you listed above, you are testing whether the speaker is in a certain cell (GetInCell returns 1 if reference is in that cell and == and 1 means testing if condition is equal to 1). As for editing those parts, I would tell you if I had my CS open. Since I just reinstalled my OS, I'll come back when the CS is installed and open.

EDIT: Now have the CS open. You do condition editing in the boxes and menus to the right of the NEW button which you click on to add conditions. First, select the condition you wish to modify. Next, to change the following:
Target - Click the checkbox below the Conditions section. A cross means the condition applies to the listner and none means to the speaker.
Condition Function (Function Name) = Click the down arrow next to the function name. A drop box will then appear with all the various conditions you can select.
Function Parameters (Info) = Once you have selected a condition, you can click on this to specify additional parameters for your condition. A window will then appear with parameters that you can add for the condition. Note that if the word NONE is written on the button, it means that no parameters can be added because they are not needed (GetGold is an example of this). If you click on the NONE button, a window with greyed out options will appear.
Comp(arison) = Click the arrow and a drop box will appear with ways of comparing.
Value = Click in the text box and type a number. If you have checked the "Use Global" box above this text box, it will turn into a drop box which allows you to select any one of the global variables in existence.

Last is the Or check box next to Value. Basically, this means that only this condition or the one below needs to be true to have the topic appear. Otherwise, both have to be true. If there is only one condition or this is the last condition in the list, the Or box will have no effect.
Sorry, XJ. It still makes no sense to me. For something like this, I need to do it and see things working in order to get the hang of it. My technical skills are pretty poor.

@ sandor - There is no esp. This NPC is already within the esm so any esp could be used. The NPC's name is 'Slit-Eye Kasura' (1BMIGSlitEyeKasura) who is a male Khajiit and can be found in the back room of the Hunter's Lodge at Tenmar Wall (1BMIGTenmarHuntersLodge in the interiors section). I wanted his wife (1BMIGKiseenaKasura) to serve drinks and, if you were seeking accommodation, she could send you to speak to Slit-Eye. If it makes it simpler, we could have the wife at reception offering accommodation instead. She would serve simple wine, beer and maybe 'Mull of the Marsh' wine.

I don't much care about the dialogue. It only needs to be functional and it it's already been added by Bethesda then all the better.
Quote:@ sandor - There is no esp. This NPC is already within the esm so any esp could be used. The NPC's name is 'Slit-Eye Kasura' (1BMIGSlitEyeKasura) who is a male Khajiit and can be found in the back room of the Hunter's Lodge at Tenmar Wall (1BMIGTenmarHuntersLodge in the interiors section). I wanted his wife (1BMIGKiseenaKasura) to serve drinks and, if you were seeking accommodation, she could send you to speak to Slit-Eye. If it makes it simpler, we could have the wife at reception offering accommodation instead. She would serve simple wine, beer and maybe 'Mull of the Marsh' wine.

I don't much care about the dialogue. It only needs to be functional and it it's already been added by Bethesda then all the better.
Thanks for the info.
I'll reply via PM, esp attached so you can check the changes yourself.
Cheers, sandor. I'll watch out for it and reply.
Could you attach/send the following nif: blackmarsh\Architecture\tenmar wall\bmtenmarhallint.nif.

It's not included in the updates nor in the assets v2.19.

TIA.
Sorry about that. I must have missed it off. I'll include it in the next update. Anyway, here it is attached as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16