Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Koniption's Misc Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Same toy different brand name - nobody would have known what "GI" meant over here back when I were a lad.
Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Same toy different brand name - nobody would have known what "GI" meant over here back when I were a lad.

Aye, when I were a lad we had no toys. We all had to play with sticks...if we were lucky! And the only place we could get the sticks from was from the barbed bushes that poked holes in our clothing and scarred our flesh! We had to pretend that we were Knights but, being poor, impoverished and living in the dark ages, had naught but cloth caps and overalls to protect ourselves and the big boys would always beat the little 'uns semi-conscious and then the big boys would get beaten by their dads when they got home....and this is what we did for fun!

To top it all, we lived in a shoebox in the middle of the road where the horse and cart would drive over our sleeping, twitching bodies every night. Mum deprived us of food if we were caught playing rough with the sticks and ripping the clothes that we wore all month for school and at home...and even when we got food, it would be scrapings from old tins of baked beans that grandfather brought back with him from army rations in the war!

For anyone completely baffled by what I'm taking about, check this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo .

@ KP - Sorry to hi-jack your thread! =)
Aye, it's only a minor hijacking - I'll let you get away unscathed this time.

Funny, my Dad would tell me similar stories like that, that *his own* Dad used to tell him about his childhood (hence, my Grandfather told his son these stories). But then again, my grandparents lived during the Great Depression, so there's probably something to a lot of the stories.

And to put this thread back on topic, some more progress on the Male Iguana Armor:

http://img80.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=igmaleback.jpg

It's still not done, and some things may change. But you get the general idea.

KP
Sweet! We really needed something like this... :goodjob:
I think the textures should look dirtier and more organic. The saturation is too high and too even, and the hue could do with shifting towards brown here and there. I'm not sure about the tone, it'd be easier to tell once there's an in-game screenshot.
Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
I think the textures should look dirtier and more organic. The saturation is too high and too even, and the hue could do with shifting towards brown here and there. I'm not sure about the tone, it'd be easier to tell once there's an in-game screenshot.

Noted, and agreed with. That means I had better tweak the female armor to be like what you recommended as well - she's a vibrant one, too. I'll work more on the textures, after I get the modeling tweaks done here and there (and the skinning of the armor to the skeleton, etc).

Koniption
Aye, true. I noticed that about the female one. I can just replace the textures with any that you pass on, KP and then issue a patch for everyone.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Aye, true. I noticed that about the female one. I can just replace the textures with any that you pass on, KP and then issue a patch for everyone.

Ok.

What do you guys think of me texturing the armors using the "lizard mount" texture (the iguana, basically)? It's got some prettty texturing in it, but it's natural looking.

That way, it ties the armor more into having been made from that creature's hide.

I sent a PM to Darkness Eternal over at Sands of Destiny forums, to be sure I can also use such texture on the armors, since this would be deviating from its intended use.

Koniption
That would be cool....if you think you can get it look okay on the armour itself. It's quite a complex texture.
Well, while I'm waiting for reply from DE about the iguana textures, I decided to start work on some primitive armor. I usually start by making the female version first - the male version will come after.

Here's a sneak peak:

http://img541.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=ar...thfem1.jpg

I know the textures look washed out, too bright, not enough shadowing, etc, etc. I will fix this later with things like vertex coloring and such.

I made the loincloth part such, that it can be used on both Argonians (with tails), and more human races (no tail), all the while hiding the base of the tail by encompassing it in cloth, without it looking too weird on more human races (if they do wear this clothing). You can probably see this in the "side" view of the female argonian in the screenshots.

And yeah, this is for vanilla Oblivion bodies.

Koniption
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12