Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for concept artists
12-08-2006, 02:10 PM,
Open jobs for concept artists
Here are the open jobs for concept artists in the Silgrad Tower team.

The descriptions are brief since it's your imagination we're after, and if they were too detailed they might steer you in the wrong direction. A good pre-requisite besides having experience with drawing is an ability to distinguish design elements from the cultures of Morrowind. Only when you understand what makes, say, Redoran architecture look and feel Redoran could you draw a Redoran bridge that look and feel Redoran. (We can of course supply images of the original TES3 designs if you need them)

Please make the concept art as a sketch, since modellers need clean lines to understand how to model it like you envisioned. Here is a good example I pulled off the net of how a clean concept art drawing looks. You're welcome to color/paint it afterwards if you like, which will usually be of even more aid to the modeller, as long as the pencil sketch is also included.

Feel free to post suggestions on things that should be added to the list.

1. Redoran bridge
- a Redoran bridge used throughout Great House Redoran's lands and cities.

Thanks TheOldYeBard!

2. Imperial houses
- it would be cool to see the Imperial houses from Morrowind, like the ones seen in Seyda Neen for instance, brought back in our mod. But it would be rather dull if they just looked like before, so how can they be made more visually complex without losing their distinct design?

3. Redoran tileset
- the Redoran interior tileset could benefit very well from more complexity. How would it look?

- The tilesets are finished.

4. Dunmer ship
- as great as the ships in TES3 looked, few of them felt like they had much to do with Morrowind. How do you see a proper Dunmer ship looking?

- Thanks to fwp_coder and KukulzA for their wonderful designs!

5. Dunmer docks
- TES3 basically had two choices for docks; Imperial or 'backwater fishing village'. How would the docks in a busy, urban Dunmer city look?

Thanks Kuukulgur!

6. Strongholds
- we'd like to see the strongholds (the big fortresses strewn across Vvardenfell, not the ones the player could construct) return in our mod. The ones from TES3 looked very primitive however. How do you see them looking in Oblivion?

Being modelled right now.

7. Redoran Arena
We're planning to have a large, Redoran-style Arena in Soluthis (link). It would be an open model, so the fights take place in the main worldspace but inside the walls of the Arena. How would it look?

8. Item Synthesis Machine
- Dumac City plans to feature an Item Synthesis machine, one that creates Dwarven items. Follow Concept thread for more information and ideas relating to this.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-08-2006, 07:51 PM,

Here is a Redoran Bridge Concept, a ten minute job in Photo Shop...
12-08-2006, 10:07 PM,

I like it! I would need to see it isometrically as well though, as I'm having a hard time picturing how the supports would go and how the inside should look.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
12-08-2006, 10:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I like it! I would need to see it isometrically as well though, as I'm having a hard time picturing how the supports would go and how the inside should look.

Sure.

I'd like to say something about my design though first, I took the design from how a Stilt Striders "Shell" looks, as like with the rest of the Redoran's buildings they look very natural and like the design has been taken from nature in some way.
12-08-2006, 10:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
Sure.

I'd like to say something about my design though first, I took the design from how a Stilt Striders "Shell" looks, as like with the rest of the Redoran's buildings they look very natural and like the design has been taken from nature in some way.

Thanks, looking forward to it, and to getting to work!

Yes, it's perfect for Redoran's culture. It has both the 'repeated circle' design and insect references in it Smile
Angel mired in filth
12-08-2006, 11:59 PM,

Sure.

Thanks, looking forward to it, and to getting to work!

Yes, it's perfect for Redoran's culture. It has both the 'repeated circle' design and insect references in it Smile

Also I tried to include the same window design as the velothi/redoran ones present in TES III.

Edit: Here is the Isometric, it is slightly differnt to my first concept, so when you come to modeling it just choose the best features from each.
12-09-2006, 01:13 AM,

Excellent! I'll get started on modelling it shortly Smile
Angel mired in filth
12-10-2006, 06:50 AM,

Here is a work-in-progress render:

[gally]TheNewRedoranBridge_scr1.jpg[/gally]

It seemed a little unsteady in the middle so I added a column with arches, hope you don't mind. If you'd like to make a design for the column and arches I'd be happy to remodel them.
Angel mired in filth
12-10-2006, 06:57 AM,

Here is a work-in-progress render:

[gally]TheNewRedoranBridge_scr1.jpg[/gally]

It seemed a little unsteady in the middle so I added a column with arches, hope you don't mind. If you'd like to make a design for the column and arches I'd be happy to remodel them.

Cool :goodjob:

The supports underneath were oringinally designed to be the same material as the "Shell" part, but I think making it wood would look better (Like you have it) so the middle beam doesn't look out of place.

However I just thought of an idea, you could brake up the ends and the middle and modulate the bridge so that it could fit to any length, also make the verticle support beam in the middle alot longer so it can be used at any length.

TOYB
12-10-2006, 07:22 AM,

Cool :goodjob:

The supports underneath were oringinally designed to be the same material as the "Shell" part, but I think making it wood would look better (Like you have it) so the middle beam doesn't look out of place.

However I just thought of an idea, you could brake up the ends and the middle and modulate the bridge so that it could fit to any length, also make the verticle support beam in the middle a lot longer so it can be used at any length.

TOYB

Aah, kk I jumped to the conclusion it was wood when I started. I could probably make the supports holding the steps in the same material as the shell though, and we could leave the supports underneath as wood material?

By the way, how should the shell texture look you think? Like chitin, or bonemold, or maybe a general type of bone texture, or maybe something else?

I had the same idea when I studied your concept art, so the left-most section in the render is mirrored from the right-most section. I figured I'd make a mini-tileset with three pieces. Only question is how to make the middle section look, since the render shows what would be the two end pieces without a middle section.

The middle column is a lot taller than a river could be deep at that length it is now, but just in case I can make an additional column that can be placed seamlessly underneath it.
Angel mired in filth