Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran Buildings Progress Thread (1)
01-24-2006, 12:06 AM,

Alright, for now I think this will be the final model. I was still a bit skeptical about a 5k facecount being functional ingame, and I looked at a bunch of OB screenshots to see if I could make out the detail level. It looks to be on the lower rather than higher end. I decided to try and tweak the unsubbed version to get a good look out of it with a lower polycount, and id say it turned out pretty good. This version, door and all, has a facecount of 950.

Razorwing: There are no interior polys, the faces are just 2 sided. I don't want to mess with settings until I get this thing into 3d Max, since it might just get all screwed up anyway.

Oh, and I think I may have found a texture artist! According to my friend (its his sister) she has done some custom skinning for stuff like Black & White 2, and is interested in OB modding! :banana:
01-24-2006, 12:27 AM,

Caligula Superfly:
The screenshots seems to show different versions. May I ask which the final one is? And you're probably right about holding off most things until you get it into max. As far as I know the .obj format fuses the model together and corrupts the mapping.

I think the one on the right seems to have a great balance between looks and optimization. :goodjob:

I'm interested to see what your friend can come up with in the texture department. Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-24-2006, 12:59 AM,

The two on the left are the 950 one. The two on the right show the unsmoothed versions of both the 950 and the 5000.
01-24-2006, 02:45 AM,

Oh, ok. It looks perfect :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-24-2006, 12:29 PM,

yeah

i cant waigt to see smoke coming from that chimnee :flamed:
i will gladly sacrafice u 4 oblivon
(im still traying to bark dont worry)
01-26-2006, 03:57 AM,

Well I exported is as .3ds from blender, but when I try and import it into 3ds Max it doesn't do anything. (I used import, not open) Here is the file, lets see if anyone else can get it working.
01-26-2006, 04:20 AM,

I couldn't import it either. Will blender export as a .obj?
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-26-2006, 04:32 PM,

I think so, there should be a plugin for it. Ill try it tonight.
01-26-2006, 07:18 PM,

Good job.Just wondering...is that a bump texture?Or you just fracted the mesh.If it's a bump texture please tell me how the hell did you use that?When I want to render a model with a bump texture the program crashes.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
01-26-2006, 10:24 PM,

After you selected your texture, go to the "map to" tab under the material setting. Deselect "col" and select "nor" and it should display as a bump map.

If your doing that and it's crashing then I don't know what the problem is. Does it crash when you render? I had that problem when working with it on a mac. Otherwise I would just download either the latest version (if you don't already have it) or the release just before it, since they usually keep that one up for downloading on the blender site.

Edit: Did someone order a .obj? It seems to work, though my knowledge of 3ds max is so limited that I can't to much other than look at it. Big Grin Ill read up on skinning and whatnot, but if someone wants to take a crack at it go right ahead.