Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran Buildings Progress Thread (1)
01-27-2006, 12:24 AM,

I didn't get the .3ds to work either, but the .obj version imports perfectly :goodjob:

If you want I can probably set up the texturing on it, if you find textures you want to use Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-27-2006, 12:48 AM,

Im still looking into that one person for the texturing, but you can throw a temp texture on there if you want, just to see how it renders in max.
01-28-2006, 09:28 AM,

Yeh. I've reviewed this mesh. I found no bug. I can only say congratulations! I'm sure this will be used.
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM,

maybe we shoud place it on the site: are you a texturer JOIN US you do not get paid
i will gladly sacrafice u 4 oblivon
(im still traying to bark dont worry)
01-29-2006, 12:25 AM,

this will DEFINETLY be used, this is the most common redoran building, it has to be used :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-29-2006, 07:03 PM,

Well, I still haven't been able to talk to that possible texturer yet, Ill be sure to do it this week.

I started on another building though. It looks good so far, but it doesn't feel quite right yet, I can't figure it out.

EDIT: Perhaps its the door? I made another verson with the bottom of the entryway pointed out like the hut. Which one do you all like better?
01-29-2006, 07:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
Well, I still haven't been able to talk to that possible texturer yet, Ill be sure to do it this week.

I started on another building though. It looks good so far, but it doesn't feel quite right yet, I can't figure it out.
what isn't "right" is that the hood of the building is too low...

like this is TES3's
http://kadreg.free.fr/perso/moro/my-redoran-house.jpg

but I'd say make one low one and one high one... just cause I don't think every single crab-shell house needs to look alike! Smile
01-29-2006, 07:22 PM,

True, but thats partly on purpose. My first hut is also lower to the ground, and I think it gives it a smoother look. Ill try stretching things around though, its what ive been doing. Big Grin
01-29-2006, 07:37 PM,

Great!I love your models!Do you use teh knive tool?Or how do you obtain that?
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
01-29-2006, 07:47 PM,

For these I have been starting with a sphere, and simply grabbing, rotating, and scaling with the "proportional edit falloff" tool turned on at various settings. This one took 2 spheres. One for the body, and another for the horns.

I made a few more tweaks. They're subtle, but I think they did the trick. The front end is flatter, and the horns are less bulky.