Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hist Temple and Beyond
06-17-2009, 10:56 PM,

That arch is looking pretty good. Good thing you got it lower poly than it was originally.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-17-2009, 10:56 PM,

Yes, much better.... :goodjob:

And thanks to Lady Nerevar for a nice selection of Mayan Palenque designs. Here's some info on the archeological site of Palenque: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palenque . It may interest people.... Smile
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-17-2009, 11:14 PM,

Thanks, yall.
I optimized this a little more. the silhouette is slightly different, but the poly count is the same.
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM,

Yeah, it stands out a lot more.... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-18-2009, 05:47 AM,

Cool! Nice work there, Shadowgame
06-18-2009, 09:19 PM,

Thanks KP, IG, DZ.

I started modeling the one of the high rez pillar. Here's the progress.
06-18-2009, 09:25 PM,

awesome models, definietely gonna have to learn how to use blenders bake function Tongue

x
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
06-19-2009, 05:20 AM,

Cool! a shame I can't model Sad
06-19-2009, 05:24 PM,

Cool! I love the designs....the lizards and what looks like a sun-fountain....very apt! :goodjob:
06-21-2009, 08:29 AM,

here's the in game model for the column/pillar

llamaranger: I would suggest using Xnormal ( http://www.xnormal.net/1.aspx ) its a lot easier to use than blender's baking tools and produces better results.

and Dozent: You are still young. You have plenty of time to learn. my advice: learn traditional art like drawing and painting along with digital art forms like modeling and texturing. The 2 go hand in hand. The way software packages are changing, its not going to be long until uv unwrapping is a thing of the past, and you will paint directly on the model. (photoshop cs4, zbrush, and modo already allow this) people who simply learn the software never have as much as an edge as people are just good artists. This is why I am unemployed.

IG: Thanks. It was supposed to be a representation of a tree, but I like the way you interpreted it. I may come back to this and make it more clear in the design.