Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
08-01-2011, 01:37 AM,

Licks-his-pelt.....*snicker*

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lmao:

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-01-2011, 08:00 AM,

Its good huh XD
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-01-2011, 12:23 PM,

Could you please start a city planning thread for Greenspring here: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=409 ? This thread is for my own 'to do' list only and it gets confusing and disordered if there are cross-purposes.

You've done some interiors already? When I had said, "could you please do some interiors or something first", I had meant helping us to clear the backlog of existing interiors, dungeons and so on. Otherwise, doing the interiors for a non-existent town seems a little backwards-first. Still, never mind.

Anyway, doing the interiors may be a little premature as well seeing as we haven't yet decided on the architecture to be used. In the proposed location for Greenspring (4,5 and 5,5) there should be a waterfall with a small river at the top that can be spanned by a bridge of some sort but I would also recommend perhaps using Phitt's huts. These were used in nearby villages such as Utateki (0,12 and -1,12 approx.).

A few pointers: Greenspring should be very small and not very friendly towards non-Argonian outsiders considering its location on the borders of Murkwood. The Naga idea is a good one and may work well but it would depend on careful scripting.

Btw, you can cut and paste some of this information in the new thread just for reference purposes.

Oh, and finally, the CS wiki helps with all things CS-related but here is the AI section: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind.../Portal:AI . I can recommend the basic NPC creation tool.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-01-2011, 12:35 PM,

OK I will start the tread first thing after I've send this message.
So yeah I'm 13 and small for my age, at least that will make me a decent Dwarf Big Grin
08-06-2011, 10:51 AM,

This post isn't so much about my own 'to do' list but a general one that covers a rough idea of what we need for the beta. So, in the interests of administration, here are some urgent matters that really need attending to:
  • The NPCs to be added: Claim: Unfinished AI and NPCs . If we can get the Paatru in time then that would be cool but I think that getting the Sarpa as well will be pushing it.
  • Some Dungeons to finish off: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=410 (I have just re-opened Mokumalata and Maldava is also open along with separate levels of Xarphyrial). Asashpan and Ossasoit are also available for those wanting to brave the Hist Shrines.
  • Ixototon is also incomplete as yet and could appear in the beta: New Beta Locations .
  • The Kothringi ruins and surrounding coral reef could be worked on: CLAIM: Unusual Locations .
  • A quick travel system using the rootworms would be useful if it were set up. One rootworm burrow is found near Soulrest at -23,-23 and another rootworm near Gideon (at RockGuard) is found at -21,0 but there is nothing as yet for Stormhold. Strictly speaking, this system could allow access to places such as Seafalls, Blackrose and Lilmoth if the rootworm system was enabled.
  • Various objects such as signposts and so on would be useful besides a proper shaman clothing set.
  • Cell re-naming should ideally take place so that we can prepare to introduce the music score: CLAIM: BM Cell Naming & Music Preparation .
  • Completing the Soulrest upper class district is a real worry since no one seems to be making the interior models for the buildings. Gideon Castle and underground could also be done and the following interiors remain: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=411 . For the purposes of the beta, some interiors, however, can remain inaccessible if needs be.
  • QUESTS, QUESTS, QUESTS are desperately needed. We need proper quest modders! This is the first little tester quest we created: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=478 . In the meantime, I would like some incidental quests setting up along with perhaps an intro to the Faction quests as shown here: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=154 . We're hoping to get the beginnings of the MQ sorted by the time of the beta release and this is the priority here but any other quests would be a bonus.
  • Finally, we could do with someone playtesting everything: towns, dungeons etc. Everything will be sent to TESAlliance shortly to begin this lengthy process but it will help to create a 'to do' log of anything not working as planned to begin this process early on.
  • Beta release admin tasks as mentioned here: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-06-2011, 08:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
This post isn't so much about my own 'to do' list but a general one that covers a rough idea of what we need for the beta. So, in the interests of administration, here are some urgent matters that really need attending to:

The cell renaming for the music can still be done just in case & will help to organize things better anyway, but I just found out that the newer version of OBSE (OBSE v20), makes the "Enhanced Music and Control" OBSE plugin (EMC) stutter real bad in the game. The EMC plugin is needed for the BetterMusicSystem mod, in order to make Xae's music tracks play where and when appropriate.

We can't go back to using OBSE v19 (which doesn't have the issue, it seems), because some of the scripting in our mod in other areas (whether from TheFilthySpaniard, or whoever), most likely is dependent on OBSE v20.

Anyway, in below thread, "aellis" mentions the issue to the OBSE team, and later on, ScruggsyWuggsyTheFerret replies that he'll take a look into the issue.

I couldn't post a reply further supporting looking into the EMC problem, because the OBSE thread had recently been closed and a new one had not been started, yet.

Look here on the OBSE thread (the post by aellis):

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/to...e__st__140

If worse come to worse, players can just swap out the vanilla music with BM's music, in their music folders. But a future fix might come out, so hopefully, it won't be necessary.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
08-07-2011, 10:39 AM,

Thanks for the update KP. :goodjob:
08-09-2011, 01:07 AM,

Oh yeah, before we release the Beta to the public, we need to make sure we have a readme on how to install Blackmarsh.

Also, we need to make sure we have the "Credits" list as thorough as possible. We don't want to anger any of the makers of the resources we've used. We should list their name and what we are crediting them for (like the name of their resource pack, etc). We also need to list all the current and past Blackmarsh modders who contributed to our mod.

Lastly, we need to add in a clause into our "Credits" section, that says:
"If you have contributed to our mod, or are the author of a resource we have used, and you don't see your name credited, please PM me and I will see to it that you are added to the Credits list. We apologize for such an event, and please be aware it was not intentional for you to be exluded."

This definitely needs to be added to the "To-Do" list.

You will need to get some website links from me, for the texture sources I used, and stuff like that. But if you can make the credits list as thorough as you can - you can then pass on to me what you finished on your end, and I'll add what I personally know about.

Koniption
08-09-2011, 10:55 AM,

- content deleted (posted in error) -
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-16-2011, 06:10 PM,

Thanks for the heads-up, KP! I added that point to the list above.