Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tsaesci
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I would like to see some evidence please Wink

Hearsay is just not good enough for me.
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama

This text says that Naga's exist in Blackmarsh, but it does not say that they are related to the Argonian lizzard race, or that they need Hist trees to survive or whatever.
And it does not say that they only live Blackmarsh, after all it's unknown what creatures live in Akavir.

If there is any evidence that says something else, please let me know...and post the text please Wink

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
talking to Tedders has revealed to me that they are a subspecies of Argonians...
Well, some of the Bethesda people also say that Argonians lay eggs, and some of them say they don't, after reading a lot about the Argonian lore, i am convinced that Bethesda craps all over it's own lore, many times, and they are good at that.
So how can i take all of that talk of "Naga are Argonians" seriously?
They are snake monsters, Argonians are lizzard people, a huge difference, I'm sure that they are related at some point, all lizzards/snakes are related to eachother.
I just don't see the big problem with using Naga's, the Naga's that live in Argonia could be a distant relative to the Akaviri Naga.
They have black scales, our Naga's could have another color, whatever.
I have seen some interesting text about some old relegion from both Akavir and Black Marsh, that suggests a lot of interaction from a long time ago, who knows...we could have two types of Nagas that are related from very long ago.
What do you think...could that work?
Rather than ingnite a board war over this, which, if my experince with the board is correct, will happen shortly after we say 'We're calling them Naga's dagnabbit!', there is a perhaps better road.

This is a battle not worth fighting. The 'Naga' of black marsh, and the 'Naga' in Akavir, are two totally diffent creatures. The conflict can be erased by a simple name change.
Yup. And I agree, there are some lore conflicts, but that does not invalidate ALL the lore, that's just silly.

If you guys want, I can look up some alternatives that asian nagas are called, or names of famous mythological ones.
Go ahead and see what alternatives you can find. Who knows, might even find something better.
You are right DA, and it would be great if you could do that for us.
From wikipedia

Well Known Nagas
Mucalinda, protector of the Buddha
Sesha - ("Eternal") the world serpent with a hundred heads
Balarama - a naga incarnation of Vishnu
Karkotaka - controls weather
Padmavati - the Nagi queen & companion of Dharanendra
Paravataksha - his sword cause earthquakes & his roar caused thunder
Takshaka & Vasuki - the kings of the Nagas
Ulupi - the companion of Arjuna

Naga Places
Mount Sumeru
Ptla - (or Nagaloka) the seventh of the "nether" dimensions or realms
Bhoga-vita - capital of Ptla
Sheshna's well - in Benares, India, said to be an entrance to Patala
Nagaland in India
Nagpur - The name of the Indian city Nagpur is derived from Ngapuram, literally, "city of ngas".
Naggar - village in the Himalayas, Tibet, that derives its name from Naga (serpent)
Lake Manosarowar - Lake of the Great Nagas
Pacific Ocean - (Cambodian myth)

One not mentioned there, from a site with a gathering of random information has this to say:

It was by his subtle but powerful charms that the Naga Apalala was able to keep the wicked dragons in check. He prevented them from scourging the countryside with violent rainstorms. Asian dragons are quite often associated with the life-giving waters. Thanks to the Naga Apalala this countryside prospered and the grain grew thickly. In gratitude each family offered him a bit of grain as tribute. After some time several of the inhabitants of the place began to forego the yearly offering. The Naga became angry and prayed that he might become a poisonous dragon so that he could drench the countryside in rain and wind. So it is that at the end of his life he became the dragon of that country. To this day Rajas (local princes) in the Hindu Kush are said to be able to control the elements as their influence over local dragons provides.

From time magazine on a naga version of the loch ness monster:

Thais believe haunts the broad reaches of the Mekong in Nong Khai province.
Locals know the phenomenon as bung fai paya nak (Naga fireballs), which have been bubbling up from the mighty river on the late autumn night of the full moon at the end of the Buddhist Lent for as long as anyone can remember.
Cool, maybe we could call them "Naggar" sounds a bit Akaviri too Wink

Thanks DarkAsmodeous :goodjob:
Taken from a wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_humanoid

In Indian scriptures and legends the Naga (Devnagri: (>) are reptilian beings said to live underground and interact with human beings on the surface. In some versions, these beings were said to have once lived on a continent in the Indian Ocean that sank beneath the waves. Indian texts also refer to a reptilian race called the "Sarpa" (Devnagri: 80M*). The Syrict? (Greek : Skiritai, Latin: Sciritae) of India were a tribe of men with snake-like nostrils in place of noses and bandy serpentine legs.

So Devnagri, Sarpa, Skiritai or Sciritae are possibilities as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9