Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tsaesci with legs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I still don't understand why you all think we should not publish anything. I don't see any reason not to share. Please feel free to explain the reasoning behind that.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
I still don't understand why you all think we should not publish anything. I don't see any reason not to share. Please feel free to explain the reasoning behind that.

Well, I suppose you want to keep your resources to yourself. It just makes sense, something will tempt people to get your mod then. Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne

Well, I suppose you want to keep your resources to yourself. It just makes sense, something will tempt people to get your mod then. Wink

I would think sharing would have a stronger impact on making people want the mod. I think the resources should be shared. I would like to understand why some of you think we should not share. And your explanation does not make any sense at all to me.
Simply this, if I release 16 swords individualy overtime, then people say "cool". I make 16 swords and only show screen shots, then make a teaser with 20 swords, a houuse, and a lava dungeon with a new race, while still leaving the imgaination to go "what more?!" has a much greater impact. Then finaly, when you realease your alpha, the only reason to play it is to see the resources.
Hey DA, is that the ony reason you you play/download mods, just to see the recources? ?(

I want to play new quests and explore new landmass and cities, talk too the npc's.
Most people want to do that, and all of these things we will keep to ourself until the final release.

Keeping recources is counter productive for other modders who are waiting for things that they need to use for their mod.
I have been waiting forever for the tropical island mod to be released, then i can finally use the tropical trees for our mod.
And i would want to play the quest of that mod too, new landmass is always welcome =)
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Hey DA, is that the ony reason you you play/download mods, just to see the recources? ?(

I want to play new quests and explore new landmass and cities, talk too the npc's.
Most people want to do that, and all of these things we will keep to ourself until the final release.

Keeping recources is counter productive for other modders who are waiting for things that they need to use for their mod.
I have been waiting forever for the tropical island mod to be released, then I can finally use the tropical trees for our mod.
And I would want to play the quest of that mod too, new landmass is always welcome =)

It give players extra incentive to wait for and download your mod.
In another words; you tease players with awesome stuff to hook them to your mod. Big Grin
By the time that a large mod is finished, most of those people will be playing other games.

Well, that's just my point of view after modding and playing many games for many years (that's well over two decades, i would do things like change the sprites of games and changing statistics, that was the commodore 64 Big Grin )
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
By the time that a large mod is finished, most of those people will be playing other games.

Well, that's just my point of view after modding and playing many games for many years (that's well over two decades, I would do things like change the sprites of games and changing statistics, that was the commodore 64 Big Grin )

Well, you're the boss of your mod and it's your call. Smile

I bet it was alot easier back then. Big Grin
Frankly, I agree with Kodama. People aren't going to wait forever. People want new stuff now. I disagree with that reasoning.
Yeah Arbiter, it was a lot easier back then :check:

It was a lot easier with Morrowind too, i just keep running into walls with the CS :eek:

But there are always people who can help out with CS problems, like DA did...Thanks for that DA :goodjob:

Oh, and don't worry about us releasing the important things, we can't do that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9