Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tsaesci with legs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I do like the concept of the Tsaesci with tail on a horse.
Thanks!

If it helps anyone who does end up animating it (and I hope someone can), I picture it mounting a horse something like this: the Tsaesci slithers up to the side of the horse, lifts the tip of his tail and hooks it into the stirrup, grabs the edge of the seat on the saddle with one hand, heaves himself up onto the saddle (not unlike how a human does), and then finally loops his tail around and through both stirrups, securing himself to the saddle. Dismounting is possibly simpler, just unlooping his tail from the stirrups, coiling his tail (like a spring) as he drops down off the saddle (to cushion the short fall), and uncoiling it once he's on the ground. Or something like that.

I could draw some step-by-step sketches if it would help... I'm not sure how clear my above description is.

BTW, when I drew that sketch, I considered having the Tsaesci's torso closer to the front of the saddle when mounted, coiling his tail behind him, but the above picture is closer to how a human sits in the saddle, therefore you could (in theory) use the standard human mounted animation from the waist up without changing it; you'd only need to redo the lower body stuff...
That description of how mounting might work in an animation sounds really great. I hadn't even managed to think this through that far. Great work! :goodjob:
I'm afraid that we don't have anyone who can make animations, not even simple animations Sad
Hmmm. It just occurred to me... one of the players in my weekly D&D game is taking classes in 3D modelling & animation, and he's done some pretty decent stuff so far. He's a pretty busy guy (full time job + full class load), but I think I'll ask him what it would take to do something like this. I can't make any promises of course, but since it could go toward his classwork too, you never know.
That sounds like a fantastic idea Alathan! Please let us know what your friend's response is.
Well, I spoke to him about it last night over the phone, and he seems to think it won't be too difficult. He's played some Oblivion too, so that helps. Anyway, we're going to discuss the details over dinner after our D&D game on Wednesday night. I'll give you guys an update on Thursday.
Thanks for letting us know.
Quote:Originally posted by Alathan
Well, I spoke to him about it last night over the phone, and he seems to think it won't be too difficult. He's played some Oblivion too, so that helps. Anyway, we're going to discuss the details over dinner after our D&D game on Wednesday night. I'll give you guys an update on Thursday.

That sounds great :goodjob:

So play D&D huh?
I used to play that a long time ago, I played untill the third edition was released, I just don't like it (all of the older D&D players I know don't like the third edition).
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
That sounds great :goodjob:
I haven't had a chance to speak to Alex (my aforementioned friend) yet, as his car broke down Wed. night and didn't show for the game. He should be at next week's game though, and I'll definitely be talking to him about it after the game.

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
So play D&D huh?
I used to play that a long time ago, I played untill the third edition was released, I just don't like it (all of the older D&D players I know don't like the third edition).
I understand, I know a lot of 1st & 2nd edition players that didn't like 3rd. Funny thing though, I've been playing since 1980, I've played all editions of D&D/AD&D, and I loved the changes they made to 3rd edition. I admit I've had to house-rule some stuff, and I still prefer old-school style adventures (I'm currently running the group through Rappan Athuk by Necromancer Games, followed by the old Bloodstone series by TSR), but I like much of how 3E and 3.5 has turned out.

Fourth edition, however, has me worried...

Anyway, I'll update you guys on Thursday (hopefully). Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9