Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vivec and Nerevarine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
It just occured to me, could we deal with the phsyical appearance problem by having him/her wear a closed helm at all times and gloves? That would still exclude beast races, but it would definitely leave it more open without so many variables needing to be programmed in.

It should also work if Bethseda says he's dead and we just need to make a statue.
it would be cooler if we could do the variations thing....

without the Nerevarine...

I could see how things will change....
but I hope if s/he is dead, then we find out how....

but then there is Barilzar's Mazed Band, Trueflame, Hopesfire, Wraithguard, Keening, and Sunder.... moon-&-star, Azura's Ring... are left behind...

perhaps the tokens of the Nerevarine are scattered all over Vvardenfell... or perhaps not...
If the Nereverine were dead, I would think that there would be a tightly guarded memorial somewhere with most of the armor etc. I mean, this is the person who saved the entire island just six years ago, they've got to show a little respect and idolization.
(Note: If this was already mentioned I apologize, I tried to wade through the other posts, but ended up skimming through most of them. Alot of them were either contradictory or out of date.)

1) I do not know how the CS would allow something like this, but what of the characterstics of the Nerevarine where established randomly at the start of each PC's quest. It could be a Male Dunmer Warrior to a female Nord Thief and everywhere in between. I know this may upset some people that don't get to see "their Nerevarine" but one of the hallmarks of TES games seem to be that they are all seperate and therefore "your Nerevarine" may not be the present Nerevarine.

2) Vrenir, I like your suggestion as it allows for a certain ambiguity for the Nerevarine. I do not believe it will limit him/her to non-betmers due to the changes to the betmers for TESIV (in that, they are no longer digitigrade and they will be able to wear helmets) The only problem would be speaking, with the replacement of text with audio, the Nerevarine will either need a specific voice, a range of possible voices, or someone will have to figure out how to bypass this issue altogether.

(Also, if the Nerevarine is dead, they better have a good explanation how a character that could not die from disease, old age, and had stood toe to toe with two gods and a manifestation of a Daedra was so easily killed. My guess...cliff racers...lots and lots of cliff racers.)
That's a disturbingly familiar image.

With the voice, I think that if we try, we can come up with a neutral enough tone that it can remain ambiguous, that's assuming we even end up doing voices. As at least a few of us are in college, surrounded by people with voices, I would think that it couldn't be that hard. The scripts have to be written either way. What's one more step if we split the work up? But yeah, neutral voice, closed helm, gloves. That's our best Nereverine option in my opinion.
:lmao: hahhaa, yeah! a neutral voice why?!?!?!
I'll tell you why! its a frickin closed helm thats why!
it muffles up the voice! hehehe...

but cliff-racers... the only creatures who have a chance vs. the Nerevarine

EDIT:
BlueDev says that Vivec, Barenziah, and Helseth are alive...
that does not reveal the nature of their living though... Vivec could be traveling... who knows Confusedhrug:

but the Nerevarine, hopefully the Pocket Guide to the Empire can clear that up...
here is a thread discussing it clicky yo
I was thinking that instead of having to go strait to Vivec when you start the mainquest/reach Vvardenfell maybe you should get stuck on a prison ship for one one reason or another, or locked in a crate full of cargo, and you end up in Seyda Neen at the Census and Excise office. Not sure how you could incorporate this with the go see Vivec about the Nerevarine, but I think it would be really cool to kind of relive the start of Morrowind.
thats a good point.... a sort of nostalgia thing
Perhaps. We'd need a good reason though besides nostolgia. Speaking of nostolgia, if KuKulzA keeps mentioning his long-term plans in his signature, perhaps I can throw out an idea that I've been toying around for if I ever get a computer that can play Oblivion, learn how to use the CS, and get a copy of this mod. Basically, I'd love to make a Total Conversion of TESIII on the Oblivion engine, just tweak our map to remove some of the new embeishments in Balmora and such, replace the dead NPCs, redo some dialogue, and add in the old quests (or something similar to them). I know that it would be redundant, but it doesn't seem to be as much work as any of the current mods, and i would love to play TESIII on the new engine. As I said, it's just an idea for now though.
We could probably come up with some interesting lore to go with it, maybe something like the player will follow in the footsteps of Nerevar to aid Vvardenfell in their time of need.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22