Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vivec and Nerevarine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
ah, i did miss something :yes:

that makes sense, but i think that it will really come down to what KuKluzA wants, i mean i'm sure we could think up an excu... i mean, reason for Vivec to be sending you an invite
Wink

Yeah, we will. Just give us some time to ponder on it.
Shouldn't Vivec see that you're a hero-meant-to-be even before you save Cyrodill?
Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Shouldn't Vivec see that you're a hero-meant-to-be even before you save Cyrodill?
Well he is losing his powers, so he may not be able to see what he could before, or influence it as much as before, therefore, when he see's you (the PC) saving Cyrodiil, he probably figures that that kind of help would be useful to him and the Nerevarine in solving some of the problems of Vvardenfell.

But this is all speculation on my part. The real decision is up to KuKulzA. However he wants to get the PC to Vivec, I'm sure will work out good, and if not, we can always throw in our $0.02.
Sorry, but to me, seeing the Nerevarine in armor would be like seeing the President of the United States wielding a machine gun. It would signal distrust and impopularity, as if the Nerevarine was expecting to get attacked at any time. I think that s/he being unarmored and lacking a weapon would instead signal that the Nerevarine trusts his fellow Dunmer and that he's so popular no-one is bound to attack him. It could be countered with a very high Hand-to-Hand skill, mastery of magic, lots and lots of hit points, but most importantly a very impressive guard force around him/her at all times that can deal with any threat. Like it was said in TES III, don't judge a person based on his equipment; the really dangerous ones don't NEED fancy equipment to kill you. Just my personal opinion. Smile

The transfer from the mainland to Vvardenfell and back is an interesting problem. There's no infinite ocean this time around, so how would one deal with a player that ventures out too far from either coast?

One theory is to have a separate plugin that can be used by players who are playing with both mainland mods and the Vvardenfell mod. The plugin would place invisible borders on both sides some distance from land, which for all intents and purposes would act as doors. The drawback is that you can't keep a player out who hasn't finished Oblivion's main quest.

Another theory is to place end-of-world-markers which Oblivion uses on both sides, which stops the player from going further from the coast. Thus limiting him to transportation from certain towns (like the mentioned Blacklight). The markers could be placed directly in both mainland mods and the Vvardenfell mod, and a separate plugin handle the transportation setup. For those who are wondering it needs to be a separate plugin since the mods are separate, and so they don't 'know' about each other and can't send the player somewhere that doesn't exist in the mod. A separate plugin on the other hand can be dependant on several other mods and know what's going on in different places. The drawback as I see it is that it limits the player's choices; it's wicked cool to just be able to swim across the ocean whenever one feels like switching between Cyrodiil/Silgrad Tower and Vvardenfell.

Any thoughts? Perhaps there are other theories that I didn't think of?
you bring up a good point... I'll have to think deeply about it...
i really like the idea of making the nerevarine a savage just on his own. i totally agreee with Razorwing, the dangerous ones don't need fancy equipment to beat you!

but i do think that the nerevarine is special enough that he could weild a unique sword and have a high blade skill, it would be highly ornamental, but highly functional.

and as for the "between mods" problems, i was under the impression that all the silgrad mods, including this one, would be striving to be simutaniously playable, as in you were capable of traveling from one to the other seamlessly, but, having invisible walls/barriors that simply acted as loading doors into the next mod wouldn't be too bad i suppose,

again, it all comes down to whats possible witht he new CS
I think the Nerevarine should wear different things depending on the race, class, etc.
Necessary items are:
Morrowind:
Wraithguard, Keening, Sunder
Moon-&-Star
Teeth of the Urshilaku, Siezing of the Erabenimsun, Madstone of the Ahemmusa, Thong of Zainab
Ash-Vampire Heart Items?
Tribunal:
Trueflame, Hopesfire?
Barilzar's Mazed Band
Bloodmoon:
Hircine's Ring?
Stalhrim Longsword of Flame?

the Hortator items should not be with the Nerevarine since once he had defeated Dagoth Ur, his role as Hortator is over, and he is required to return the items...

maybe give him/her armor, but like Razorwing said... he might not need it... but here's a suggestion
Dunmer:
combat/male= bonemold
combat/female= chitin
magic/male= robe
magic/female= robe
stealth/male= netch
stealth/female= netch
basically a system of checks... like if (race), and (class), and (gender) then ____ armor/equiptment.

or we could just solve the issue by giving the Nerevarine all the quest items as well as full Daedric armor besides the helm...
and when you see a naked Divayth Fyr, you'll know where the Nerevarine got it! Big Grin
gah! too many possibilites! i think that the nervervarine should have partial armor, like vivec, and that it should be unique (call it the Spirit Of Nerevar), think about it, it's 6 years later, he'd've had some armor made Big Grin

it really depends on how the clothing system works, if you can see pauldrons over robes again, then i'd say give him a unique robe (Robe of the Nerevarine, duh Big Grin) and a full set of armor,

if the clothing system has been changed, then just make him very tough, but with only partial armor

definte items: Moon-and-Star, Wraithguard, Sunder, Keening, Teeth of the Urshilaku, Siezing of the Erabenimsun, Madstone of the Ahemmusa, Thong of Zainab (we have to change some powers though...)

possible items: Trueflame/Hopesfire, Ash-Vampire items, Mazed band, Hircines ring/amulet
I think maybe he/she could just have regular clothing... and netch cuirass & greaves.. everthying else will be Ashlander clothing... and he/she will have these items:
Wraithguard, Keening, Sunder, Moon-&-Star, Teeth of the Urshilaku, Siezing of the Erabenimsun, Madstone of the Ahemmusa, Thong of Zainab, Trueflame, Barilzar's Mazed Band

...the essentials of the Nerevarine....

I think the Nerevarine should appear at a city periodically... like for 2 days he/she is at Ald-Ruhn, then 2-3 days at Balmora, etc.etc.
maybe... maybe with a yurt and an Ashlander companion/guard?
just a guess... I mean the Ashlanders don't want anyone hurting their beloved Nerevarine, cause the reincarnate is their hope for reclaiming their lands and prestiege.... but he/she should definitely move around throughout Vvardenfell... or should s/he live in the Cave of the Incarnate? nah, he/she is a smei-political figure...
gotta lead Ordinators to break in Sixth House bases, needs to shut down Daedric Shrines, needs to keep the Ashlanders happy... helps keep the peace...
like a super-hero....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22