Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vivec and Nerevarine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
maybe some hints and vague allusions? :brew:
Quote:Originally posted by batman
maybe some hints and vague allusions? :brew:
[brew] is such a good "smilie"... the face just says it all...
:brew: ...vague allusions? there may be a quest with scandal... plus Sakin Kushkallit's daughter or rather one of his daughters, is a prostitute... they needed a few of those in TES3... I guess they left 'em out.... you know, have a few succubus for realism...
i meant the vague allsions to the nerevarine and his posse (and yeah, i think this mod would be better if we threw in some seducers and dark seducers too:brew: )
i meant the vague allsions to the nerevarine and his posse (and yeah, i think this mod would be better if we threw in some seducers and dark seducers too:brew: )
alright, enough of this: :brew:
...such a good smilie...
:] great idea... maybe as a result for a Daedric Quest you can choose from several different Daedric companions...
lke a Dremora... a Dark Seducer... a Clannfear... a Daedroth... an Ogrim...
and as for the "between mods" problems, i was under the impression that all the silgrad mods, including this one, would be striving to be simutaniously playable, as in you were capable of traveling from one to the other seamlessly, but, having invisible walls/barriors that simply acted as loading doors into the next mod wouldn't be too bad i suppose,

again, it all comes down to whats possible witht he new CS

I have a strong hunch that, in regards to team mod administration, what was true for TES III modding will be true for TES IV modding as well. The company is building Oblivion using an engine which is similar to the one they used on TES III, and I think it makes sense that they would want to continue with whatever workflow they ironed out during Morrowind. We already know plugins will still come in the old familiar .esp format from a Construction Set screenshot. I have no illusions that TES3 plugins will be compatible, but still. At least to me it hints that they kept the process.

So if TES III team modding is anything to go by, there needs to be a single person in charge of the main .esp file. S/he'll recieve plugins from team members and merge them with the main .esp file. Eventually, a new version of the main .esp file is released, that modders can use for reference and players can play (if it's complete enough to be playable). Every TES III mod team I know of did it this way, and it's really the only way a large team mod could be done. Whether that'll be true for Oblivion as well, we'll have to see, but for me personally I'd just as soon expect it to stay the same until I have proof otherwise Smile

To make matters worse the main .esp admin is also the only one who can correct bugs in stuff that's already been added to the main .esp. It's a lot of work for one person to do, and if the scope of the main .esp is to great, a bottleneck can occur as the admin is swamped with new plugins and bug reports. And there should be a little time over for that admin to work on his own stuff, otherwise it stops being fun and he'll burn out before long.

So we're going to have four separate main .esp's for the mainland, which is something I think has a lot of benefits. For one thing it will let us start building in four places at once and gradually extend ourselves towards the borders, and with four independent main .esp admins the settlements should run rather smoothly, I think. Eventually down the line, when our mods near completion and the workload eases up we'll most certainly take a look at merging our mods, if we judge that it won't place too much work on a single person.

The drawback is that if I for example make a quest for the Reich Parkeep main .esp I won't be able to reference things in Silgrad Tower. I can't make the player go somewhere outside the boundaries, because the main .esp doesn't know something exists down there, which is why a crossover travel mod would have to be separate from any main .esp.
ah, so either we split up the island, limiting quests featuring travel between the pieces, or we do it all as one, and hope Kukluza caan handle it...

but then again we are doing it one region at a time, so we might be able to do it as one main .esp.
ah, so either we split up the island, limiting quests featuring travel between the pieces, or we do it all as one, and hope Kukluza caan handle it...

but then again we are doing it one region at a time, so we might be able to do it as one main .esp.

My comments were just about the mainland mods though. Smile
well what do you think of our opitions though?
well what do you think of our opitions though?

Hmm. Well if you ask me personally I think I would have had a number of people each taking control of a major city, then when the game comes, start setting up all the cities independantly. When they're set up, the person in control could make claim maps and broadcast on ESF and other places that their town is open for settlers. With the open claims out there, generating plugins and new members, time would be freed up for other matters. Headhunting and enlisting 3d modellers from the community wouldn't hurt either I think.

But it's easy enough for me to babble on about these things... I'm sure things will work out great for you guys Smile
thats perfect, because our plan is almost verbatim what you descibed, and i really do hope that things work great for our MOD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22