Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: CLAIM: Black Marsh Scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Regarding the question concerning the decision to use OBSE scripts and thereby make BM dependent on OBSE, I have pasted my message to IS on this matter below:

"I'm in favour of postponing the decision for now and seeing how we do without it for the time being. If we find other major benefits to being OBSE-dependent along the way then we'll go ahead with it but I think it's best to play it by ear for now.

The major factor in this decision is that we should really have all the beta regions generated before we let loose the creatures we've collected and, although we can set up quests using default creatures, creating levelled lists of our own will take some time."

The original context behind this debate began with NA's post here: BM Disease Mechanics - A little parting gift .

Best to exercise caution on decisions like these...
Actually if you heard what IS said and i agree with it , It is quite dumb to add OBSE when you can do most of the things yourself.....

I mean well i could ask the team of that mod for the textures and build a
Were-Crocodile of Lesser/Higher when i get the chance (Leaving Koniption less work on her plate) and its not a priority for now so scripting/quests can be done later....
As I said, I've discussed this with IS and there are potential advantages although at present there's no cause for us to use it. Can you switch to the models and textures thread on the subject of the were-crocs please? I'd prefer to keep this thread focused on scripts as much as possible to help us when searching for topics... =)
Indeed OBSE does have a potential place here but it all depends on what is planned and if what OBSE can contribute is relevant to our needs. There is no point relying on OBSE if there is no need for the new functions it offers, to me it seems like a waste.

If we find that there is something we cannot possibly do with OB script on its own then we can discuss the use of OBSE for that particular feature, maybe even going as far as isolating that feature to its own ESP so users get a choice on whether they want to use OBSE or not.
I finally got round to checking out your script for Lumpett's Pleuritic Ague and I have to say that the visual effects were fantastic (see attached)! :goodjob:

However, the penalties are WAAYYYY too much at the second stage. My PC is pretty strong but his encumbrance was about 300 points above being able to move around. The weird thing is that if I shed everything in my possession, it still wouldn't be enough for me to be able to move. Nevertheless, I did consider a possible cause of this and that is that I use the 'Bag of Holding' mod and maybe the script is just bypassing that mod...?
Thanks, thought the effects would be nice :yes:, I thought it was Shiver-Fever but I got it wrong, maybe we changed the name.

Nevermind it works Big Grin

Okay I looked in the CS and the effects are only 10 point penalties at stage 2, 15 points at strage 3. So it looks like an issue with bag of holding. Will DL it and see how its made, try and figure out a fix.
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Logging the players gold removing it and re-adding later or placing in a sack is quite an easy thing to-do :yes:, it would be as simple as using 2 global variables to store the seperate amounts and then calling them when needed.
I've read somewhere that global variable values are stored as a float variable. This will be a problem if the player manages to accumulate a large amount of gold in either region (I think in the region of a few million coins). I would probably suggest two long variables stored in a quest instead.

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
I wonder if there is a game setting we could change to change then name of the septims to something esle to further enchance the feeling.
There isn't a game setting. The name of the coins is stored on the coin object itself (Gold001). However, there is a way to change the name of an object by using the SetName command. It does requires OBSE, however.

You can also use OBSE to change the mesh that the coin uses by using the SetModelPath command. Could be a bit more problematic than the SetName command though. What do you think?
Quote:Originally posted by XJDHDR
I've read somewhere that global variable values are stored as a float variable. This will be a problem if the player manages to accumulate a large amount of gold in either region (I think in the region of a few million coins). I would probably suggest two long variables stored in a quest instead.

Realistically the player will not have a few million septims, but even then the globals are not restricted to floats. Again there is also other ways of doing it, including the use of a OBGlobal and BMGlobal for money.

Quote:Originally posted by XJDHDR
There isn't a game setting. The name of the coins is stored on the coin object itself (Gold001). However, there is a way to change the name of an object by using the SetName command. It does requires OBSE, however.

You can also use OBSE to change the mesh that the coin uses by using the SetModelPath command. Could be a bit more problematic than the SetName command though. What do you think?

We are not using OBSE, if you had read the whole conversation you would have noticed such thing Wink

I already know about them Tongue
Nice to see XJDHDR making a post. It looks like his bandwidth nightmare is finally coming to a close and he's getting close to joining us properly. =)

Did you get the chance to work out a fix for the bag of holding, preferably with a more specific script or something that allows the bag mod to continue running...? Of course, I could uncheck the bag of holding but then it would be best to make things as compatible with other mods as they could be and the bag mod is one of my personal favourites.
What was the issue you were having with the Bag of Holding?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12