Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: CLAIM: Black Marsh Scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Tested, Didnt get it.. I walk into this "swamp", and all that happens to me, is that I can't swin in in, but I can walk as always before... and a bunch of zombies respawn when I get near the swamp
If you hang around in the swamp then it should suck you in and kill you. Being able to walk through it is just a case of the actual ground beneath the quicksand mesh being too close for the PC to actually 'fall in'. It is possible to get sucked in and die because I've done it myself. The zombies were a daft addition to a test mod though. I'm going to delete the ones in my own version of the test mod because they just get in the way.

It should also prove possible to shoot an arrow at the base of the tree and use it to pull yourself out. However, the main problems that I've been able to define so far are the facts that the quicksand doesn't 'seize control' of you and hold you in place. There is also a sort of 'tugging motion' as the PC gets sucked down but it's not noticeable enough and the act of actually falling below the surface happens too quickly so that you end up lolling about in the darkness under the quicksand mesh too much....and once that happens (too quickly) then I'm guessing that's what has stopped me from getting an arrow stuck in a tree. I've sent a PM to TheFiltySpaniard with my suggestions and your feedback anyway.

Thanks, doz!
I finally checked out The Filthy Spaniard's mod in the game. (I deleted all the zombies, btw, for my personal experience. Tongue )

I found quite a few problems and irregularities, though. I've already PM'ed TFS this info on Bethesda forums, but I post it here for others to keep look out for same issues, if they try the quicksand mod.

Here's my experiences:

*On the first run through, I went into the bog, and died quickly because I sank too fast. Of course, I was moving at the time. I think players sink too fast when moving and when stationary in the quicksand bog, basically.

*There was this one run through, where my fatique went to zero when I was halfway on the bog and halfway on solid ground. My character fell to the ground, but I never died. I drank some restore fatique potions that you get at game intro dungeon, but my fatigue stayed at zero, never going up. So I had to reload, and try again. I think the fatigue potions restore 20 point of fatigue each (maybe over a few seconds??, can't remember). But I drank like three or four of them at once, before exiting menumode, and the fatigue did not go up one sliver.

*Trees' trigger collisions don't always detect the arrows that hit them. I kept shooting at a close enough tree over six times, but never got to dry land loading screen. Also, I never had this happen nor extensively tried, but does the script keep a "check" for players trying to bypass the bog altogether by shooting at trees while they are still on dry ground, to get from point A to point B (cheating)?

*Sometimes I sink when not moving, and sometimes I don't sink when not moving (even in deep water). Sometimes I can jump out of the water, and land higher up, but still in the water (though it helps with keep trying to shoot the trees).

* Don't remember this happening, but if the player is simply turning around and not going forward/backward/left/right, I hope the script makes it so that the player does not sink faster simply by turning around. Need to turn around to look for close enough tree on solid ground, so can attempt to get out.

* Trees can use a capsule shaped trigger collision, using a bhkcapsuleshape under the trigger collision type. It fits the trunk better than other shapes. I didn't check out what collision shape was used for the trees, so maybe he already did this.

*The brown pill capsule, allows the players to see through it to the clear water depths, at certain range of water height, and before the player's head is below water. The capsule seems to be hanging around too low on the player's body, even when the player is such that they can see underwater.

So those are the issues I ran into in the first 4-5 in game trials.

Koniption
Thanks KP. It's complex, innit? TFS has his hands full, methinks.
TFS has sent a revised version of the quicksand mod. I don't have much time to check this out this week so if you can check it out and give me your feedback then I'll pass it on to him. Here's the download: http://www.filefront.com/15511555/Quicks...t-Mod.rar/ .
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
TFS has sent a revised version of the quicksand mod. I don't have much time to check this out this week so if you can check it out and give me your feedback then I'll pass it on to him. Here's the download: http://www.filefront.com/15511555/Quicks...t-Mod.rar/ .

My oblivion crashed... Sorry
Yikes! Best of luck getting it sorted, doz. Anyone else?
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yikes! Best of luck getting it sorted, doz. Anyone else?

I told TFS via PM that I'd get around to checking out his latest mod revision in a few days. I just now finished troubleshooting the geode portal, so maybe tomorrow I can check out his quicksand mod. I will test it out eventually. I'll send him another PM to let him know.

Koniption
Thanks, KP. Sorry I can't help out at the moment. The next three days for me will be absolute insanity at work in RL...
Hey guys,

I tested the 2nd version of TFS' quicksand mod and here's what happened (I've already PM'ed TFS this info as well):

I couldn't get more than one or two feet from the shore, before my character got stuck completely, basically.

The run through -

At waist high quicksand and no more than two or three feet from the shoreline, my character couldn't move anymore though fatigue was very high level. Fatigue kept going down, then when it reached zero, it went up some more, then went down again, rinse, repeat. My character never passed out though.

When I shot at a nearby tree, I luckily was able to get out onto dry land. Then I went into the bog again and got stuck immediately gain close to shore, not even knee-high quicksand. Fatigue lowering/raising and not passing out happened again. But when I shot at a tree, I could not get out. I shot several times at the same, and other closeby, trees, but I was never moved out of the quicksand. I was eternally stuck, so I reloaded from a save I made immediately upon entering the quicksand testing world.

Well, when my game reloaded, I was on dry land right where the testing Imperial City load door takes me to the testing world, but my character couldn't move. I was close enough to pick up the rope, but could not even move near or into any quicksand areas for testing purposes. Also, when I went into my inventory during one session when I was stuck on dry land like this, my game crashed. I had picked up the rope and equipped it, then went to my "Health" or "Heart Icon" menu, and clicked on the last icon on the right...then the game crashed. But the next time I got stuck in the bog, then reloaded stuck on dry land, then went into my inventory, the game did not crash...so I dunno what happened. The quicksand mod was the only one loaded after vanilla Oblivon and SI.

I was careful to clean out the old files from the meshes/textures folders that were included in the first quicksand mod version. Then I installed the version 2 files. I deleted the old esp and used the new esp.

So the second version of the quicksand mod is running much worse than the 1st version. I also saw a yellow missing mesh sign in the quicksand world, on the edge of the test world, halfway stuck in some quicksand...I've yet to check out what that missing mesh was...it might have been the now obsolete "pill-shaped" mesh used in the 1st version of the quicksand mod, but I've yet to check it out.

Koniption
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12