Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: CLAIM: Black Marsh Scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
If you were to have a singular item, (with a name that implied multiple coins, or maybe call it "Coin Sack"?), and give it a script with a local variable, we would be able to set it to a type other than float.
It might not be needed, but we could make it an activator which pops up the amount of money inside.

Quote:I think that is a good idea. You can fix the player trying to sell their coins by setting the fake coins as quest items. That way, the player can't drop or sell them. It won't work if you want to add weight to the coins though.
It'd be nice if they did have weight, but if there is indeed a quantity limit, then it'll be one item, and will need to be weightless (10 coins compared to 50,000 shouldn't have the same weight). - Unless we could come up with a tricky burden script?

Oh, and we might want to keep bounty separated at the same time. I see no reason why this can't also be stored in the coins.
Quote:Originally posted by kamahl
If you were to have a singular item, (with a name that implied multiple coins, or maybe call it "Coin Sack"?), and give it a script with a local variable, we would be able to set it to a type other than float.
It might not be needed, but we could make it an activator which pops up the amount of money inside.
An item called "Stack of Septims" would probably be the best way of implementing your idea. As for clicking on it, it would be a simple 7 line script that can be made in 2 minutes.

Quote:I think that is a good idea. You can fix the player trying to sell their coins by setting the fake coins as quest items. That way, the player can't drop or sell them. It won't work if you want to add weight to the coins though.
It'd be nice if they did have weight, but if there is indeed a quantity limit, then it'll be one item, and will need to be weightless (10 coins compared to 50,000 shouldn't have the same weight). - Unless we could come up with a tricky burden script?
The easiest way I know to add weight to the coins is to use an actual weighted item, set it as unplayable or invisible in some way and set it's weight with OBSE's SetWeight command. Otherwise, the only non-OBSE method I can think of is adding multiple copies of invisible items of various weights preset in the CS. Hopefully someone else can think of something better than this. Another thing to consider though is that Vanilla Oblivion (and all except 4 or 5 mods) don't give coins any weight. And given Oblivion's inventory and weight system, I would imagine that most people don't want weighted coins that they can't drop until they leave Black Marsh.

Oh, and we might want to keep bounty separated at the same time. I see no reason why this can't also be stored in the coins.
I can't see a seperate bounty making sense though. Isn't the main authority in Black Marsh the Imperial Legion (unless I am seriously mistaken). Said authority wouldn't let you run away from the law by leaving Cyrodill.

@InsanitySorrow
I have never heard of that limit. A quick search of the CS wiki didn't reveal anything either. I also can't imagine any limit being 1000 either. In my experience, it isn't too difficult to get hold of over 1000 of a certain type of arrow, for example. It shouldn't be too difficult to test though. While in the game, open the console then type:
player.AddItem XXX 10000
player.RemoveItem XXX 1000

How many XXXs will the player have left? 9000? 0? Something in between?
Quote:Originally posted by XJDHDR

@InsanitySorrow
I have never heard of that limit. A quick search of the CS wiki didn't reveal anything either. I also can't imagine any limit being 1000 either. In my experience, it isn't too difficult to get hold of over 1000 of a certain type of arrow, for example. It shouldn't be too difficult to test though. While in the game, open the console then type:
player.AddItem XXX 10000
player.RemoveItem XXX 1000

How many XXXs will the player have left? 9000? 0? Something in between?

Its not a hardcoded limit, but more of a sensible or natural way of accumulating such amounts of items. I should have stated that in my post.

Most players will not be using the AddItem function to gain any of our items or currency, at least I would think they will play the mod properly.

And yes removing 1000 of an item from 10000 will leave you with 9000.
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Its not a hardcoded limit, but more of a sensible or natural way of accumulating such amounts of items. I should have stated that in my post.

Most players will not be using the AddItem function to gain any of our items or currency, at least I would think they will play the mod properly.

And yes removing 1000 of an item from 10000 will leave you with 9000.
I see.

I put the AddItem/RemoveItem script in my post to show everyone a way to find out the item limit. If the item limit is indeed 1000, my thinking is that AddItem XXX 10000 would only give you 1000 units of said item, correct me if I'm wrong.

Calling RemoveItem XXX 1000 afterwards isn't completely necessary. It is more to make sure there is indeed only 1000 units of that item in your inventory, as opposed to the game showing 1000 and hiding the rest in your inventory. If you end up with no XXXs left, the item cap is indeed 1000. If not, the rest of the XXXs are just hidden.

Actually, my method isn't a complete test and finding this item limit would probably need a more thorough investigation.
This may need to be arranged in combination with the scripters and the modellers but here are a few effects I'd like to work on:
  • Quicksand - we have a basic quicksand model and I was hoping to have some sort of object (kind of like a killbox) beneath it that slows the player down and gradually allows them to fall so that if they don't reach the bank in time they will meet up with an actual killbox and die. Perhaps the PC could survive easier if he/she was exceptionally strong or had a swamp staff.
  • Lightning for Stormhold - something like the crystal effects from SI would be useful here. I'd just like to have an intermittent lightning effect that hangs over Stormhold and can be seen from the mountains.
  • Geysers & Hot springs - an idea put forward by dozent originally, the hot springs is a bubbling pool of hot water, most likely found in underground locations. Ideally, this would be a water type but I imagine that would be very difficult to sort out. I guess the bubbles could be separate models that go in combination with a water texture and be used throughout a dungeon. The geysers would be torrents of water that might either damage the player if they pass under at the wrong time or else serve as aids to access high points in the architecture by propelling the PC upwards. These ideas are probably a little too ambitious but worth a shot!

If these are at all possible, could you add these to your OP, please IS?
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Snip

Hmmm the quicksand one sounds possible, never done anything like that before but it does at least sound feasible.

The other two will problably be down to modellers and animators, the geysers will need animated. I know Wix had done something like that before so I know its possible, just need someone with the skill to animated such things.

Lightning, hmmm well I suppose you could script trigger zones to cast a shock spell, so it resembles lightning, unsure if there is anyother way to do it at the moment.
As far as lightning effects -

Enhanced Weather:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16544

&

Storms and Sound:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8711

The two above mods go together. Storms and Sound v3 Lightning has a patch for Enhanced Weather that adds lightning in the sky during storms. It also has an OBSE version that is compatible with all weather mods, or has non-OBSE patches seperately for them.

Storms and Sound also can be used alone (without Enhanced Weather) with vanilla/SI weather to add lightning during storms. I think you want the vanilla/SI patch version.

But I think you should leave this as optional to the player. We should make a list for players of what already existing mods will really enhance and improve gameplay in Blackmarsh. If you add too many features that exist in other mods, you have higher chance of fubaring someone's gameplay who already has such-n-such mod installed.

Seriously, start a list or thread of already existing mods that go well with ours, then when you think of a new feature you'd like to see in BM, cross-reference it on that list or try to look it up on TESNEXUS, and if you find it already exists, don't add it directly into the esm/esps.

RE: Geysers -

I can't make or export particle effects, for water geysers, like for droplets and splashing. I'll think more on this, and see if I can think of a way to do it with what I have.

KP

EDIT: Fixed top link so it works.
@ IS - You didn't have to delete the other stuff that was in the OP, you know, IS. I just meant to add them. Ah well. I'm glad the quicksand sounds do-able.

@ KP - I was thinking more in terms of a simple use of the crystal lighting from SI but used intermittently. However, these look better and more fit-for-purpose so I'll do as you suggest. The hot springs and geysers are low priority in terms of progress as we'd have to get further along with quests and dungeons to really benefit from them. It'd be great to have them though so I thought it best to make a long-term record of the idea.

Btw, the top link didn't work for me. It just takes you to the search menu.
I know, rather than copying it I cut it out and did not realise untill after I saved the edit, ooops :lmao:
Doh! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12