Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I like the logo Xae, good job on that one :goodjob:
How about if the logo were to slowly emerge from sludgy dark liquid? If there is anything that can replicate that style then that's the one I'd choose. Tbh I hadn't realised it would be easy to do things that way. I was just planning on doing some rhythm editing, really. Anyway, I'll get it assembled ASAP. Hopefully, restarting for the new term won't be too much of a drain on my time.

Btw, any news on the Gideon shop signs?
I'm mostly finished with cutting up the pieces of footage now. I sub-divided my footage into seven main categories: creatures, dungeons, flora & items, interiors, people, regions and settlements plus a few other odds and ends. At the moment, I have cut up bits and pieces from the first six categories and the total, cut-down footage comes to 8:53. That's a LARGE trailer....and the settlements category looks like it's the biggest.

I think I will be getting particularly ruthless when it comes to the final edit but I can't see the full trailer being anything other than around the 10-minute mark. Too much or just right, do you think?
Is Greenspring in the trailer?? If so YAY! Big Grin
Sadly, it's unlikely in its unfinished state. I have all the footage I need now and I'm trying to cut it down. Sorry... :eek:

Edit - I have now cut all the bits and pieces out and will try to get an appropriate piece of editing software to assemble it all whilst designing the overall thing.....which reminds me, I need to go find what I originally wrote down as a possible voiceover whilst speaking with Xae a short while back...
10 minutes is quite a long trailer. That being said, trailers vary greatly in length and there's no real limit to how long it can be (disregarding the obscene, of course). If you can hold your audience's attention for 10 minutes, then it's not too long. Now, since most commercial trailers try to cater to everyone, including the 5-second attention span crowd, they're usually quite short and flashy. Since this is a TESIV mod trailer, we should't have to worry about that.

One thing to keep in mind though. There's a distinct difference between a trailer and fly-through video. The first has the objective of catching the audience's attention, revealing just enough to keep things interesting, where as the latter is for those who are already interested and want to see the locales or the rendering technology.

I'm sending you what you sent me in a PM, IG.

As for the signs, I've been holding off while sorting out some other stuff. I can set aside a few hours a day and finish them if you'd like to check it off the list.
Sure, it would be nice to get it done. It's just a case of managing your workload however best suits you really, since the music and so on for the trailer will need your attention, of course.

Yes, I wasn't sure about the size but I think it will be a case of cramming things in. I'll cut things down as best I can but I really feel the need to show off now. There's not a great deal of people that know about us.
:lol: Yeah I mentioned to someone the other day that I had joined this team. They said "oh, are they still around?".

10 minutes seems a bit long to me, but hey, if you've got a lot to show... Big Grin
So I decided to put my pc together as soon as I got the case and I'm still using the old hard drive and for some reason it decided to start working like normal :O

I'm still waiting for my friend to send his graphic card to me though. He doesn't receive his money until the 30th of this month, so... I'm sure I don't need to explain any more for you guys to understand where I'm getting at.

I can see that you guys have been hard at work, but perhaps I can work on the trailer that will come after the one that you guys have been working on. Of course this won't be until you guys have added much, much more.

Anyways, I'll be receiving Windows 7 here pretty soon, so once I get that I'll reinstall my OS and then I can reinstall Oblivion.
Sure....chip in however you can, RCN. It's all hands on deck as far as the beta and its quests are concerned.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13