Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[3DS] Collision: the easy way out using gundalf's exporter
06-25-2006, 02:09 AM,

got it in game and once again all I can say is thank you! so far the textures are perfect, the models are perfect, and the collision works perfectly! it couldn't be simpler! screenshots coming soon!
06-25-2006, 03:16 AM,

ok, still seems to be problems with UVW maps, the NIF file format seems to want them to be flipped on export. Dunno if you have done anything or looked into this yet gundalf? but just to prove your plugin works well, heres a couple of screenshots.

PICTURE 1

and just to prove the collision works..heres my char standing on the wall peices.
PICTURE 2
06-25-2006, 03:27 AM,

Neat! Makes me think of a Skyrim defensive installation :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-25-2006, 03:35 AM,

Check out THIS thread for waht the set is being made for. and yes it most probably will be used in skyrim =)

BTW gundalf, to get the textures working in those shots I had to flip the textures.
06-25-2006, 03:41 AM,

Cool, I didn't know about that! Smile

Should I send over max files with the three Nord houses I have? I think Prometheus made them long ago, originally for Tamriel Rebuilt. They were too high-poly back then so they never used them. I've been meaning to bring them in but I never got that far on my to-do-list. Perhaps the Skyrim team could use them for something?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-25-2006, 02:39 PM,

When I export, my uvw is also flipped, and the collision box is stretched, and also static, no matter what I set it to, but like gundalf said, I'm using the one for v7, which is in early alpha. :p Hopefully this will be fixed soon
06-25-2006, 07:08 PM,

The plugin really works fine. It makes the export soo much easier Smile

But will there be a fix for those flipped uv's ? (I use 3ds max 8 and your plugin version 0.12)
06-25-2006, 07:34 PM,

Here's a new version, which fixes the flipped uvs. Could you guys please test it? If there are no show stoppers this will become the next release...

Telltolin: The Max 7 version is the same as the version for 8. About the stretching:

Quote:From the additional notes section above
If your collision mesh comes out deformed, go to the utilities tab, choose "Reset XForm" and click "Reset Selected". This should fix it.

I'm planning to include presets for statics, weapons and other items in a future version. It will then also be possible to set all Havok properties in Max. For now the exporter is only good for statics...

RW: Tazpn writes the importer. He's planning to make a release soon. The mass conversion to nif could be useful if the exporter is updated to produce better output. Currently it doesn't merge objects as the CivIV exporter does. This might change in the future, since having a lot of objects with a few faces isn't optimal. Merging them could improve in-game performance...
Got zombies in my basement.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net.
06-25-2006, 08:30 PM,

Thanks gundalf, I've updated now and will see if I get welded models to work.

That the mass conversion wouldn't be useful to me personally is because most of my max scenes have the wrong texture paths since I last opened, lack collision meshes, and aren't named like the nifs are. All in all, I wouldn't use it myself, but I bet there are others who would find it very handy.

Neat, looking forward to testing his importer too Smile
Angel mired in filth
06-25-2006, 08:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Thanks gundalf, I've updated now and will see if I get welded models to work.
I haven't looked into that issue, yet...
Got zombies in my basement.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net.