Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0916 "Witherbug" Dres Scuttler [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Okay, what about quest items.
Just a note of something that will need to eventually be addressed - one of the NPC's in this interior loads with skeleton errors (no tail).
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Just a note of something that will need to eventually be addressed - one of the NPC's in this interior loads with skeleton errors (no tail).

Thanks for the heads up. Smile
For some reason some of my Argonians have the same issue. Is there a fix?
When you create an Argonian or Khajiit NPC, you need to make it so that instead of using skeleton.nif, it uses skeletonbeast.nif (this is the file that tells the game how Khajiit and Argonians should move). Otherwise you'll get errors.

There are two ways you can do this:

1) When you first create the NPC, you need to do so by first opening up an existing Argonian or Khajiit (it doesn't matter which), and typing in a new ID. When you click OK, it'll ask if you want to create a new ID. Click Yes, and continue as you normally would. Smile Take care to remove the existing AI, factions, items, etc... that carried over from the old character. This would involve a bit of checking on your part, so it is not a generally preferred/efficient method.

2) (IMO the better and cleaner option) You can do this after you create your NPC. First you'll need to make sure that you've unpacked your Oblivion - Meshes.bsa (you can do that with OBMM). This contains a file that you'll need to browse to. After you've made sure everything is in the right spot, you'll need to open up your NPC in the CS, and click the button that says "Character\_Male\skeleton.nif". After that you'll need to browse to the same folder and choose the beast version of the skeleton (\Meshes\characters\_male\skeletonbeast.nif). Save, and double check that you've done this correctly by trying to load the cell with your character. If it worked, then you shouldn't get any errors about missing bones.
sandor wrote a guide here

Can you update all of your Argonian/Khajiit characters to make sure they're using this skeleton?
Sure, as soon as I have time, which should be soon.
Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
begin onactivate
if STIPCageDoor01 getopenstate == 0.
setstage STIPTheTrade 20
"

Is there any "Activate" command in there? Kind of like:

Code:
begin onactivate

setstage STIPTheTrade 20
activate player

End
(assuming it's the player who activates it)

A bit of an explanation: Whenever you use OnActivate, it'll override any normal functionality of the object. To make it work normally, you'll need to manually trigger it using "Activate" Smile
Thank you very much TID. I can get this done soon now.

I will try to return to working on Holdgate by Tuesday. I just need to finish one last interior then it's time for dungeons and quests.
Let me know if that helps any... Cool. Smile

And don't forget have a Merry Christmas eh? Big Grin Take it easy...
Merry Christmas to you too. :wasted:
Here it is.
All 3 are fixed.
I will do the quest sometime in the coming days... or now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13