Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0916 "Witherbug" Dres Scuttler [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
So any NPC can send you to jail?
Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
So any NPC can send you to jail?
Now I see the problem, the NPC has to be of the guard class.
Okay that makes sense. Thanks Sandor for clarification.
How would I make the Slaves run for it once the player opens the cages? Is there a script I would have to attach to the slave NPCs?

EDIT: Also is there a way to make the sailors attack the player once he opens a certain animated door. Again it would be a script attached to the door right?

EDIT 2: Is it okay if I make the exterior of the ship more intresting by adding boxes on the deck and things like barnacles on the hull.
How would I make the Slaves run for it once the player opens the cages? Is there a script I would have to attach to the slave NPCs?

EDIT: Also is there a way to make the sailors attack the player once he opens a certain animated door. Again it would be a script attached to the door right?

I am not great with scripts and what I know comes from trial and error. But, I think having an variable would take care of both questions.

ie:

short slavesfree

if (door is open)
set slavesfree to 1

if slavesfree == 1
set 'sailors' agression to 100

This is just an example and would need a bit of work. But you would need to write a script and make it's type 'quest'. You would then attach the script in the 'Quest Data' tab.

You'll need to look up some functions and understand what you want to do. Or you could post a thread and ask some of the scriptors if they can help.

Happy Holidays
Charles
Thanks Zurke for your help.
I think I could probably do it. It doesn't sound like the most complicated script or anything.
If I want the slaves to run free when the doors are open I have to make the doors unique right?
If I want the slaves to run free when the doors are open I have to make the doors unique right?

You have to create a new door object because if you attach a script to a door01 then every instance of door01 will run that script.

You also should give it an reference ID after creating and use that in the script.

Merry Christmas
Charles
Thanks again Zurke. Smile
Nvm,
All sorted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13