Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis0916 "Witherbug" Dres Scuttler [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
:check: I will later
I hadn't done that yet.
Noted.

It's easier to that before you finalize the scripts, otherwise you have to recheck these.
I will do so next time :check:
There is an alternative to global variables - You can implement your variable as part of the quest's script (IE, that's where you declare it). Whenever you need to refer to it later on, you just need to use [QUESTNAME].[VARIABLE]

Focus on getting it to work first. Smile After that, it would be much appreciated if you could change that. It shouldn't involve much coding at all, just this:

1) Declare the variable in the quest script
2) Change all appearances of the variable to questname.variable

It's overall much cleaner... Save globals for stuff that will be referenced by possibly several quests or by small global-scale events that could happen in our world. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
There is an alternative to global variables - You can implement your variable as part of the quest's script (IE, that's where you declare it). Whenever you need to refer to it later on, you just need to use [QUESTNAME].[VARIABLE]

Focus on getting it to work first. Smile After that, it would be much appreciated if you could change that. It shouldn't involve much coding at all, just this:

1) Declare the variable in the quest script
2) Change all appearances of the variable to questname.variable

It's overall much cleaner... Save globals for stuff that will be referenced by possibly several quests or by small global-scale events that could happen in our world. Smile
I agree, IIRC I saw a global in an earlier version.
(one more note - back up your ESP before going to do that stuff, nothing's more annoying than getting it to work and then inadvertently breaking it and having no idea how to fix it - this way you can revert to an earlier version if something goes wrong)
Ok,
I will do that.
I think the interior is finished :check: , I'm not sure about the quest - it'll need to be playtested...

If we can't get it to work, we may need to disable the quest (but not delete it). If anyone would like to finish it later on, then it should still be possible. Smile
Does anyone else get yellow exclamation marks in-game? I seem to be missing the cage meshes?

Also, the quest does indeed to be *mostly* complete, I just don't know how it's supposed to work. I don't know what remains to be done.
The meshes are from SE.
Do you have that installed?

As for the quest.
The player has to free the slaves from the cages,
When the player opens the first door, the quest begins, and the variable is set to 1.
The player opens the next three doors and the variable is "+1'd" and the stage is set to the relevant stage after each door.
All the slaves will run from the scuttler once their relevant stage is done.
Once the variable reaches 4 the quest will end, while the slaves run to ald Nium where they will wander under the player leaves.

The part I had trouble with is getting the quest to end.
the script doesn't seem to be working.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13