Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Glassmine [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ahh yes, the ones with the mining scripts were duplicates, and got deleted. That can be fixed easily. The computer i'm using now can't run oblivion or the CS, so i haven't downloaded the files. I'll get back to my own computer 10-12 hours from now, and i'll fix everything then.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ahh yes, the ones with the mining scripts were duplicates, and got deleted. That can be fixed easily. The computer i'm using now can't run oblivion or the CS, so I haven't downloaded the files. I'll get back to my own computer 10-12 hours from now, and i'll fix everything then.
Ok. Smile
Just want to know, did you touch the liches at all? It doesn't seem like it, but they don't work now... the CS gets VERY VERY angry when i put on onscreen. Plus the armor is gone... Probably a conflict between the mines and v2, but now i have to fix it, so i was just wondering if prehaps you had done anything accidentally (then i'd just have to undo it, and poof! it's back) Just want to know to make life simpler. It might take a while to figure out what happened and how to fix it.

[edit] Ok, it looked like a much larger problem than it was. When i put it onscreen, it told me there was a problem with every single bone the lich had in it. Turned out the lich just couldn't exist without it's armor. I'm not sure what happened to the lich armor, but it wasn't in the CS, so i created it again. It's under armor as StSeLichSkin. I'm not sure how to get it into the StArmors category, but i really wouldn't touch it. It probably won't be used again anyways (unless talking liches become the new fad)

The lich was the last thing i had to do, so i've uploaded the file to http://files.filefront.com/StSeGlassmini...einfo.html

It should be good now
Just want to know, did you touch the liches at all?
No.

I checked the lich.
There are a number of errors (screenshots). The path for the container nif's isn't correct (screenshot). Make sure you remove the old folders before installing ST v2.0.

Did you playtest the mines?
Ahh i didn't remove the old files, so everything worked...

When exactly did you get the container warnings? Was it when the CS started up? Cause i didn't get anything.

For the lich, i have no idea why it's doing the exclaimation thing. Ignore the bone warnings though, they don't have any bearing on gameplay, and are just the nitpicky CS telling you what it expects to find for an NPC

I'll have to check the lich out. I assume i should just delete all the ST files and reinstall?

As for playtesting - do you think i should test it again for v2? I know the quest works flawlessly, unless v2 changed something entirely unexpected. The only problem should be models, which again didn't show up in my CS, presumably because i still had all the files from v1

[edit] Ok, i fixed the errors you pointed out. All were due to file paths and such, but there is one thing you MUST do. The files for the lich, currently in a folder named "Character" MUST be placed into "Characters" (the default one from bethesda) That is because all data for NPCs has to come from the Characters folder, or else the lich will not accept the skeleton and stuff. I'm not completely sure why, or exactly what is messed up, but moving the info to characters fixes it.

Do you think i should have it tested again? The only errors seemed to be model errors having to do with path changes. Quest data should be completely intact, and the quest itself was rigerously tested by WhiteWizard
To Sandor or Seniosh:

Where will the mining set go in the new ST 2.0 model hierarchy?

Thanks,
Steve
I think it's meshes > St > Dungeons (or in the CS, Static > St > Dungeons) But you'd have to ask sandor for the exact answer.
The files for the lich, currently in a folder named "Character" MUST be placed into "Characters" (the default one from bethesda)
Yep, that was the problem. :yes:

Do you think I should have it tested again? The only errors seemed to be model errors having to do with path changes. Quest data should be completely intact, and the quest itself was rigerously tested by WhiteWizard
The quest seems to be fine (from what I saw in the CS). Smile

Send or post the updated file.
I'll merge the file and send a link for testing (to be sure).

@SACarrow
I attached a screenshot.
Should we use meshes\ST\Dungeon as the default root folder for all our mine and cave stuff? Personally I'm ok with that. I can't think of any other Meshes\ST folder that would be better, or a better name for it either. Perhaps it would be best to create a new folder in Meshes\ST\Dungeon called "Mine" to hold the GlassMine folder? Eventually I hope we'll have at least half a dozen Mine-related folders, so it could save some work to set up that folder initially.
Ok, here's StSeGlassminesFinal2 then http://files.filefront.com/StSeGlassmini...einfo.html

Hope everything's good and well. I fixed everything you cought, it should be ready to hook up (if everything's good and well as i hope).

One final note - and i already asked razorwing about this, but i want to be sure. The glassmine file i uploaded includes the lockbash mod - meaning every default oblivion door can be bashed open with a 2h blunt weapon or claymore. Of course the doors can still be picked, and quest doors still need keys. I personally think this is nifty, but others may disagree. If you do not want this to include the capability to bash open doors, i can edit every single door and chest model to get rid of the script. My only other fear is that it may conflict with versions of OOO containing the lockbash mod, and the lockbash mod itself. Again, if you don't want this i can remove it from all the doors and chests. Just wanted to check
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12