Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Glassmine [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Which DDS files are missing? I tried to stay very vanilla with the texes, only using the ones I could find in either OB vanilla or ST 1.70.

Later,
Steve
I checked the nif's and you're right (the nifs are from Oblivion or in the ST folder). There was a problem with the path.

Don't define the path as "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\data\textures\xx.dds"

Just add "textures\xx.dds"

Why? For people like me, who run Oblivion from another drive (server).

I'll fix the path for the nif's. No problem. Smile
How do you get it to be just the texture and no file path? Nifskope has never been something i would claim to have any sort of mastry over.

Strange thing is that my nifskope doesn't display the textures if it's just the texture without a file path. I think it will display in-game, but i wasn't sure when i got the .nifs for the mine stuff, so when i looked at the nif files i added a file path so that the textures would show up in nifskope.

Sorry for that then.
hahaha! Your fault, your fault!! Big Grin Big Grin

Sorry about that, sometimes my inner 8-year-old comes out without a note... Smile

But seriously folks,

In (I think) NifSkope 0.9.5 and later, go to Render and then Settings... and you can select places that NifSkope will look for textures. Acouple of notes:

- For OB, do not include the "textures" directory, but the parent directory.
- I had to explode the OB BSA to get NS to see the textures. If there is a way to get NS to use BSAs, please let me know.

Later,
Steve
Well that's how it's done, now i know. And i've already exploded all my BSAs (takes a CRAPLOAD of space) so i'll not worry about NS accessing BSAs. I think the best thing for me to do is leave everyone's models alone from now on... hehe
I sent you a PM.
The esp is now 100% compatible with the ST modding esm v2.01.
I finally found this thread on ESF that addresses the flicker/vanishing/disappearance/culling issue.

Summary: Do not use the "Collapse All" option when exporting from Max.

With that in mind, I will re-export all of the mine models (including the as-yet-unbuilt stub piece) and put a pointer on this thread to them in the next 12 hours or so. Then either Seniosh or sandor can drop them into wherever they need to be.

Later,
Steve
That's great! I think some other people were having the same issue with different models, so it's nice to have it solved. The flickering was the last thing that needed to be solved.

Who should put them in though? Sandor has the most current ESP, and i really have nothing else to do for the mines - they just need to be tested again. Prehaps sandor could put in the new models? All that needs to be changed is the .nif file the model uses in the CS, so it shouldn't take long. He'll need the models anyways, so it makes sense.

Sandor, is there anything else i need to do for the mines? Because if they're all good, then it just needs to be put in the game really, and hooked up with the proper NPC (still awaiting creation). If anything else needs doing though, i'll do it.
Thanks SACarrow!

I wish I hadn't read that exporter settings guide on niftools some time ago. I didn't have the flickering invisibility bug fine before I followed it, and afterwards I forgot the original settings :dunce:
"Collapse all" is evil! Better to collapse them yourself in Max...

Any road, I have the mine set up on Filefront. Barring hidden catastrophe, I think this might be it. Smile It contains the ore cart, end barrier, straight rail, curved rail, sloped rail and broken rail sections. In addition, I just made a 32-unit rail stub piece that Seniosh mentioned to ease those tight fits.

Beddy bye now,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Prehaps sandor could put in the new models? All that needs to be changed is the .nif file the model uses in the CS, so it shouldn't take long. He'll need the models anyways, so it makes sense.
That's fine.

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
sandor, is there anything else I need to do for the mines?
Check the readme I sent (PM). A few of the glass containers don't have a mining script.

EDIT
@SACarrow
Thanks for posting the link.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12